Andreea&Kevin

CIS Ombudsman?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

The Ombudsman's Office is here to help individuals and employers resolve problems with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and makes recommendations to fix systemic issues related to the quality of services provided by USCIS. The Ombudsman's Office serves as a free, independent, confidential, and impartial resource.

http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

Anyone have any positive results from contacting the Obudsman office at Department of Homeland security?

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Ombudsman's Office is here to help individuals and employers resolve problems with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and makes recommendations to fix systemic issues related to the quality of services provided by USCIS. The Ombudsman's Office serves as a free, independent, confidential, and impartial resource.

http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

Anyone have any positive results from contacting the Obudsman office at Department of Homeland security?

Yes I have, I contacted them and then later the same day my ROC as approved.

I had also contacted them previously during AOS because I had not been getting any updates about my case and within a few hours my case was showing updates online. ( that was back in 2009 tho, not with today's case update latency)

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yes I have, I contacted them and then later the same day my ROC as approved.

I had also contacted them previously during AOS because I had not been getting any updates about my case and within a few hours my case was showing updates online. ( that was back in 2009 tho, not with today's case update latency)

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of writing them a general email on how slow K1's are currently being processed at CSC and get EVERYBODY on here waiting over 5 months to send it in. If they got hit with 300+ emails all on the same subject, I think that would get noticed. :devil:

Anybody else onboard with my evil plan? :help:

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of writing them a general email on how slow K1's are currently being processed at CSC and get EVERYBODY on here waiting over 5 months to send it in. If they got hit with 300+ emails all on the same subject, I think that would get noticed. :devil:

Am definitely in :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Not really no, because there is nothing the obuds person can do about it. Its a physical back up of petitions going on, they cant speed that up. They work with individual case issues.

You will just waste your time plus other peoples time and the obuds persons time from helping those who really need help because their email is flooded.headbonk.gif

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Not really no, because there is nothing the obuds person can do about it. Its a physical back up of petitions going on, they cant speed that up. They work with individual case issues.

You will just waste your time plus other peoples time and the obuds persons time from helping those who really need help because their email is flooded.headbonk.gif

I agree there is a physical backup going on, but how they are handling is a systemic problem. Looking at their website page, dealing with these problems is exactly their job and why they even exist. They obiviously can't make a change, but only recommend a change to USCIS.

http://www.dhs.gov/recommendations-ombudsman

Making Sure Your Voice Is Heard: Recommending Ways to Improve the Delivery of Services at USCIS

The Ombudsman recommends ways to fix systemic problems that individuals and employers face when seeking services from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We become aware of systemic issues through:

Individual complaints and requests for help;

•Information and inquiries we receive from non-governmental organizations and federal officials, including USCIS; and

•Our interactions and meetings with applicants, petitioners, employers, non-governmental organizations including community and faith-based organizations, and immigration professionals across the country.

The Ombudsman makes recommendations with the goal of influencing change and improving the services at USCIS for both those who apply for and those who administer immigration benefits. In addition to the formal reviews and recommendations that the Ombudsman’s Office issues to USCIS, we also work in less formal ways to identify emerging issues and begin discussions with USCIS about how problems can be addressed.

After the Ombudsman makes a formal recommendation, USCIS responds within 90 days as statutorily required.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Timeline

Here is the email I sent the CIS Ombudsman yesterday.

Dear Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman,

I am writing you today about the California Service Center and their recent handling of I-129F cases. The stated goal of the USCIS for I-129F is 5 months. However that has increased to over 7 months and is getting longer every day due to their recent performance. If you look at the National Processing and Trends provided by USCIS you will find completions for I-129F has dropped to a fraction to what is being received. This chart has only been updated with December data, but if you were to investigate further, January & February will be just as dismal for completions. As the reported date they are working on has gone from July 16, 2012 in December to currently July 18, 2012. Completing 3 days’ worth of cases in 3 months is unacceptable.

I’m not asking for a service request on my personal case, as I have only been waiting 6 months, but asking for immediate action to be taken on I-129F cases at CSC. If something is not done quickly the backlog for fiancé visas could reach 8 months or longer.

Thank you for any help you might be available to provide.

Sincerely,

And there response this morning. Very shocked to get a response so quick, hopefully it will lead to some positive recommedations by the Obudsman to USCIS.

Dear Mr. __________

Thank you for the information below. Your email will be forwarded to the appropriate staff in our office, to be treated as a general complaint and looked into further.

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, DC 20528-0180

Toll-Free: 1-855-882-8100

Phone: 202-357-8100

Email: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov

Web: www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm actually wondering if they have more than one or two people working on K1s right now at the CSC.

There was a post a few years back with someone that worked at one of the centers and said a perfect application could be approved in 15 minutes.

Do the math (assuming perfect applications) 8hours*4apps*20days = 640apps in a month. They only completed 484 in December. Makes ya wonder.

sj6um8.png

Timeline

I'm actually wondering if they have more than one or two people working on K1s right now at the CSC.

There was a post a few years back with someone that worked at one of the centers and said a perfect application could be approved in 15 minutes.

Do the math (assuming perfect applications) 8hours*4apps*20days = 640apps in a month. They only completed 484 in December. Makes ya wonder.

I agree it's at best 2 people working on K1s and it's been that way for at least 3 months. Thats why I wrote the email to the Ombudsman, in hopes of bringing some attention to this situation. I would encourage anyone else feeling the same way to contact the CIS Ombudsman. HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've already emailed the ombudsman, and received the same stock email you did. Yes, it seems only 1-2 people (or the equivalent man hours) are working on I-129f's since December at CSC.

I'm not confident they will do anything about it, but it's worth a try. I already tried my congressmans office, but they said they wouldn't do anything until after 200 days have passed since my NOA1. I will also try my senators as well, but in a state my size, I don't think they will care much about my problem.

Timeline

I am writing you today about the California Service Center and their recent handling of I-129F cases. The stated goal of the USCIS for I-129F is 5 months. However that has increased to over 7 months and is getting longer every day due to their recent performance. If you look at the National Processing and Trends provided by USCIS you will find completions for I-129F has dropped to a fraction to what is being received. This chart has only been updated with December data, but if you were to investigate further, January & February will be just as dismal for completions. As the reported date they are working on has gone from July 16, 2012 in December to currently July 18, 2012. Completing 3 days’ worth of cases in 3 months is unacceptable.

I’m not asking for a service request on my personal case, as I have only been waiting 6 months, but asking for immediate action to be taken on I-129F cases at CSC. If something is not done quickly the backlog for fiancé visas could reach 8 months or longer.

Sincerely,

And there response this morning. Very shocked to get a response so quick, hopefully it will lead to some positive recommedations by the Obudsman to USCIS.

Dear Mr. __________

Thank you for the information below. Your email will be forwarded to the appropriate staff in our office, to be treated as a general complaint and looked into further.

thank you for sharing this, hope they will act fast, soon......

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Omg I'm with u in this thing but f u could tell me what to do in order to get this thing work :)

Sincerely,

Dear Mr. __________

Dear Office of the Citizenship and Immigration

Sincerely,

Dear Mr. __________

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i had contact the ombudsman before and not sure if they help. i developed a plan call 'alpha strike'

this involves 2 senators, congressman, and ombudsman all working on your case. the basis of this argument is about poor work performance and poor contractor performance working on my case.

i am glad you are exercising your rights and raising concerns for waste in tax dollars.

Edited by unlockingsky

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

i am glad you are exercising your rights and raising concerns for waste in tax dollars.

It's worse than that...they get payed from your application fees...so in essence, you have already payed them, and they are now just sitting on your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's worse than that...they get payed from your application fees...so in essence, you have already payed them, and they are now just sitting on your case.

dont forget they have contractors working on your case.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.