jodee

1 week down,..

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have been meaning to write this for a few days, but just couldn't, But, LisaD's post to our veterans, made me realise, I needed to do this.

My hubby left just over a week ago, to go back to Iraq for his second tour of duty. It is with a heavy heart I write this, as I am finding it harder to deal with this time around.

Last time he left, we had only been in Germany 3 weeks, when he left. I didn't have time to think about it. This time we have known for 6 months that he was going again, and because I have had time to think, and think, and think, it has made me numb. I dont know what I should be feeling. Watching the bus leave to take him to the airport was one of the Hardest things I had to do. I just wanted to cry, but my kids were with me, and I had to be strong for them. Their Dad is already in the Sinai, and then watching them, see their stepdad leave crushed them. They are at the age, where they fully understand where he is going, and what goes on, but I find it hard when they ask me questions, on exactly how to answer them without breaking down in a sea of tears myself.

I just wanted to share this with you.

Thank you to all of those who support the troops.

PEACE

Jodee.. (F)

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you and your family during these times. (F)

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline
I have been meaning to write this for a few days, but just couldn't, But, LisaD's post to our veterans, made me realise, I needed to do this.

My hubby left just over a week ago, to go back to Iraq for his second tour of duty. It is with a heavy heart I write this, as I am finding it harder to deal with this time around.

Last time he left, we had only been in Germany 3 weeks, when he left. I didn't have time to think about it. This time we have known for 6 months that he was going again, and because I have had time to think, and think, and think, it has made me numb. I dont know what I should be feeling. Watching the bus leave to take him to the airport was one of the Hardest things I had to do. I just wanted to cry, but my kids were with me, and I had to be strong for them. Their Dad is already in the Sinai, and then watching them, see their stepdad leave crushed them. They are at the age, where they fully understand where he is going, and what goes on, but I find it hard when they ask me questions, on exactly how to answer them without breaking down in a sea of tears myself.

I just wanted to share this with you.

Thank you to all of those who support the troops.

PEACE

Jodee.. (F)

Jodee, so sorry that he had to go back :crying: I'm sure I'm not alone in saying we will keep you in our paryers, pray for you to be strong & patient with your kids throughout this time, pray for your kids, and your husband's safety...as well as your ex's.

If you ever want to talk, you know where I am!

Filed: Other Timeline

jodee, I'm sorry he got shipped out again. I really can't imagine what that must be like for you and your family.

I hope the next 51 weeks go by quickly for you, or better yet, they just bring them all home soon.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Jodee, I'm so sorry you husband had to leave again. I know what you are going through although my hubby was one of the very few that got dropped off the deployment list before even going. The thinking is the worst part and of course you don't know if and how this year is going to change him. I wish you all the best and I'll be thinking of you.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Just caught this thread Jodee........thinking of you....hope the time passes quickly for you both (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HUGS (F)

I have no idea what military families go thru when their hubby//wife gets deployed.

I know it must be hard. :(

Praying for all the troops fighting this war. (L)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

Thank you all for your words of comfort. I got to talk to my hubby on the phone today for a lil bit, and it made me feel a lil better. Still 51 weeks to go, but at least today was a lot brighter for me..

Jodee :)

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Thank you all for your words of comfort. I got to talk to my hubby on the phone today for a lil bit, and it made me feel a lil better. Still 51 weeks to go, but at least today was a lot brighter for me..

JOdee, I'm thinking about you. 52 weeks is a darn long time. I wish you all the best and hope that he can call you a lot so you two have a chance to keep in touch...All the best.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• 4 weeks later...

I know exactly how you feel and believe me you are not alone in this... My hubby's currently deployed and has been extended til late February. He was supposed to be back in Germany by early January if his tour of duty wasn't extended.. Nothing's really certain in the military. . .

Timeline

HI Dawn,.Hi Cathy..

Wow, thanks for resurrecting this link. It's been 5 1/2 weeks, it'll be 6 weeks on Thursday. I'm doing ok I guess, as well as I can be. I decided to go back to the States for Christmas, me and my girls, are staying with hubbys family in California. I would of gone home to Australia, but it cost me the same amount for three return tix to Cali, as it would of cost for one to go to Sydney. I really didnt want to be in Germany this Christmas, as all the friends I made when I first got here are slowing moving on and PCS'ing out of here. Hubby seems to be doing ok too I guess, he got a flu like thing while he was in Kuwait, and has not been able to shake it, we even cut our talk time short tonight on the inet cause he was so unwell, I told him to go rest, would rather him have his strength to be able to focus on what he needs to do every day.

I hope everyone has a Safe, and Happy Holiday season

Peace,..

Jodee

— Mahatma Gandhi