Bayareaguy

Contacted my representative's office about late NOA2

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Wow! I was being way too generous giving them half a day to work cases :)

This further underscores that there is no reason for them to be so behind. So, updating my hypothetical funding of CSC worker. 340 dollars for an average of let's say 1 hour per case (assuming some drag by complicated cases). That's easily 8 cases a day @ 20 days a month = 160 cases a month. so 12 months @ 160 gives us 1920 cases that a worker should be able to process a year. @ 340 a pop, that one worker brings in $652,800 . One dude can easily fund a dozen of himself plus pay for any overhead (as well as any hardship waivers, etc), just on those cases alone.... CSC should have more than enough resources to process cases in a timely fashion.

I gotta stop beating that particular horse. He is probably more than dead now. It just irks me that this squandering of resources is apparently taking place.

I think you are forgetting the managers of the people processing the cases. I'm sure those managers have managers. Those higher up people probably have their own staff to help them manage the managers. And I'm sure it continues even farther than that. :bonk:

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I think you are forgetting the managers of the people processing the cases. I'm sure those managers have managers. Those higher up people probably have their own staff to help them manage the managers. And I'm sure it continues even farther than that. :bonk:

It still works out. Look let's say there is a lead worker who makes double what a worker makes. So, my hypothetical worker is bringing in 300 to 600K. The lead is in charge of, oh let's say 6 workers. So he has a team bringing in 1.8 to 3.6 M... more than enough to cover him. Let's further say that that team has a supervisor (when I processed welfare benefits, our teams were about 12 with 1 lead and 1 supe. The entire office had 2 teams and we had an office administrator... there were also social workers and clerical staff, but let's leave them out for now, doubling the salaries is already more than what reality would say), who makes double the lead... still enough. Now let's say there are 10 teams and an office admin who makes double what the supe does. he still oversees incoming revenue of 18 to 36 M. And here I am only talking about K1s. Think of allllll the other visa types and other transactions (AOS is bringing in a grand a pop). There simply has to be ample revenue any way you slice it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep, anyway you look at it, they took our money, they are not performing the function we payed for. They seem to have plenty of employees for other applications.

Just a nice welcome to US government efficiency (for our foreign fiances/spouses) :thumbs:

Edited by Bayareaguy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, anyway you look at it, they took our money, they are not performing the function we payed for. They seem to have plenty of employees for other applications.

Just a nice welcome to US government efficiency (for our foreign fiances/spouses) :thumbs:

I'm sure everyone else with other applications is saying the same thing. I just think there's more productive things to be doing than doing scenario math to make yourself angry about how slow you think their services are. If anything, they are understaffed. I do trust though, that the adjudicators are working as hard as they can with the work that they are given.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

I do trust though, that the adjudicators are working as hard as they can with the work that they are given.

Yep, all 1.5 of them at CSC :thumbs:

Timeline

I'm sure everyone else with other applications is saying the same thing. I just think there's more productive things to be doing than doing scenario math to make yourself angry about how slow you think their services are. If anything, they are understaffed. I do trust though, that the adjudicators are working as hard as they can with the work that they are given.

Why do you presume that I am not being productive?? It takes me all of 5 minutes to do "scenario math". I believe in transparent government (18 year veteran of public service, so I know what I am talking about). USCIS is all but transparent. The agencies I have worked for could not get away the type of behavior they display. I simply have a little fun running numbers based on filing fees. Based on those fees and number of applications, there are ample resources. Now, if the agency has chosen to understaff, given those ample resources, all the more reason to whine about it. USCIS needs to be more transparent. End of story.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Why do you presume that I am not being productive?? It takes me all of 5 minutes to do "scenario math". I believe in transparent government (18 year veteran of public service, so I know what I am talking about). USCIS is all but transparent. The agencies I have worked for could not get away the type of behavior they display. I simply have a little fun running numbers based on filing fees. Based on those fees and number of applications, there are ample resources. Now, if the agency has chosen to understaff, given those ample resources, all the more reason to whine about it. USCIS needs to be more transparent. End of story.

If you feel there is a problem, try to do something about it. Don't whine.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415740-cis-ombudsman/

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

If you feel there is a problem, try to do something about it. Don't whine.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415740-cis-ombudsman/

11/30 NOA1. A little premature for me. I rely on July/August folks for now. I will pile on when it is my turn.

Timeline

Well after 233 days of waiting and multiples calls to uscis and talking to my congressman twice I managed to learn that we were going to get an .... RFE !!! :)

Ahahah. 7.5 months for that.

Timeline

Well after 233 days of waiting and multiples calls to uscis and talking to my congressman twice I managed to learn that we were going to get an .... RFE !!! :)

Ahahah. 7.5 months for that.

Do you think the congressmans action helped you, or do you think your case was getting processed anyway?

Timeline

Do you think the congressmans action helped you, or do you think your case was getting processed anyway?

I think the first time he got a blah blah blah answer but when I talked to him again and he called again 3 weeks later he really got in touch with someone looking at our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

That was my congressman reply 3 weeks ago...

"Thank you for contacting our office regarding your I-129F filed on behalf of your fiancée. We have contacted the California Service Center on your behalf. They confirmed that your case appears to be running behind schedule. Fortunately, the Congressional Liaison agreed to pull your file to determine if it can be adjudicated immediately. If your file is complete, and if the Agency does not need any additional evidence in order to reach a decision, you should receive a decision shortly. We will provide you with updated information as soon as it is received."

Nothing since then. Our case was not even touched.

I'm glad you actually had a response rather than a blow off...

Do you think it's because the congressional aide who called them actually gave a ####### about getting a result? Or do you think it's because the congressional liaison was feeling nice that day? I just don't get any of it. We were about 10 days before your case and the response we got was wait 60 days and call back.

Timeline

I'm glad you actually had a response rather than a blow off...

Do you think it's because the congressional aide who called them actually gave a ####### about getting a result? Or do you think it's because the congressional liaison was feeling nice that day? I just don't get any of it. We were about 10 days before your case and the response we got was wait 60 days and call back.

I'm unsure. For sure the second answer I got was way more detailled and it took me half a day to get it. Maybe because I used my work email which ends with .gov ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Why does everyone think that USCIS keeps all your processing fees and therefore has the money to hire employees and process the applications? Its a government department, wont the money go to the government first? If the government is short of money why would they give money back to an unessential department? Why not run it at a minimum and keep the money to pay for other essential things like politicians wages?

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Timeline

Why does everyone think that USCIS keeps all your processing fees and therefore has the money to hire employees and process the applications? Its a government department, wont the money go to the government first? If the government is short of money why would they give money back to an unessential department? Why not run it at a minimum and keep the money to pay for other essential things like politicians wages?

I obviously don't think they keep all the money. I think I have shown that if they did, there would be ample resources for USCIS to take care of our petitions. However, many folks here on VJ talk about them being a self-funded agency.

But you are right about politician's wages. The congress critters carefully exempted their salary and benefits from sequestration. Wonderful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.