Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We just heard back from our senator's office…same notice…petitions are processed in the order they were received, we're supposedly still within the time frame blablabla :wacko:

My fiancé is going to talk to the guy at the senator's office again, because three days ago the petition one receipt number down from ours was approved and that is the only one within the 100 block of receipt numbers we're in. That just doesn't make any sense if they really process the petitions in the order they were received…I don't know if this is going to get us anywhere but it's worth a try.

Adjustment of Status:

07/09/2013 filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/15/2013 NOAs

08/07/2013 AOS RFE

08/09/2013 Biometrics

08/17/2013 RFE response received at NBC

09/11/2013 EAD/AP in production

09/19/2013 received EAD/AP

11/18/2013 potential interview waiver case notification

03/17/2014 Greencard approved and in production

Timeline

Just tried my congressmans office again since I've gone beyond 200 days now...they will do nothing until CSC is "working on" cases after my NOA1 date. So since they are still stuck on that July 18 date, I'm out of luck.

Screw you Congressman Honda, I will work my best to see that you are never elected again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just tried my congressmans office again since I've gone beyond 200 days now...they will do nothing until CSC is "working on" cases after my NOA1 date. So since they are still stuck on that July 18 date, I'm out of luck.

Screw you Congressman Honda, I will work my best to see that you are never elected again.

That's a BS response from your congressman's office just like the July 18th date. Who knows how long they will have that date posted. Have you tried Boxer or Feinstein yet?

I guess I got lucky with my congressman's office, as I'm 10 days behind you. They told me that they contacted CSC last week and told them that their is now "congressional interest" in my case. I took that as they put in a service request. Was also told they would be contacting them again this week for an update.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

That's a BS response from your congressman's office just like the July 18th date. Who knows how long they will have that date posted. Have you tried Boxer or Feinstein yet?

I guess I got lucky with my congressman's office, as I'm 10 days behind you. They told me that they contacted CSC last week and told them that their is now "congressional interest" in my case. I took that as they put in a service request. Was also told they would be contacting them again this week for an update.

I also didn't like how the person on the phone seemed to think that because my fiance is from the Philippines, that there could be delay since there are "a lot" of applicants from that country. I never knew there was a country based "quota or limit" for fiance visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Well, I have started saving PDF versions of the CSC processing times page. So, when my time comes, if they are still trying to pull some frozen in the past date, I will be ready to provide documentation that shows that this is unreasonable. Better than having nothing.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Try anyone but Boxer because first of all no one ever contact you regarding you case or anything. I tried her a month ago and I haven't even talked to the case worker once. I left her numerous voicemails but she never called me back.

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We are July 17th filers and have had a congressional inquiry made into our case. The response our congressmen received said the following:

USCIS electronic records indicate that the I-129F petition that you are inquiring about was filed on 7/17/2012. Please note that our office has received a high volume of submissions in this workload. There is a current backlog and the petition is currently located with the adjudication division for the assigned I-129F workload (pending action). We recognize your interest in a final adjudication on the above referenced case and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. The California Service Center is committed to processing this workload, and will be making every effort to adjudicate your constituent’s case in an expeditious fashion as soon as available under our resource constraints. Please feel free to follow back up with us, if your constituent does not receive a decision within 60 days of this inquiry

It is basically a brush off and ours was filed before the 18th so try and be patient. Im still trying to figure out how they are working on July 18th (and lots of later cases from what I see on the timeline) while a July 17th hasn't been done yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Try anyone but Boxer because first of all no one ever contact you regarding you case or anything. I tried her a month ago and I haven't even talked to the case worker once. I left her numerous voicemails but she never called me back.

I have a different congress person but also had trouble making contact - I found that emails get very quick responses and going in in person is also effective. My phone call was responded to a month later but the email was responded to within a day.

Timeline

Please note that our office has received a high volume of submissions in this workload. There is a current backlog and the petition is currently located with the adjudication division for the assigned I-129F workload (pending action).

Since there are a lot of "pending " cases, and a high amount of "submissions" in this workload, wouldn't the solution be to actually process more applications, not less?

Their statements sound more like excuses instead of a real explanation of what is going on, or any reassurance that it will improve in the future, or are even planning on improving it.

Timeline

That was my congressman reply 3 weeks ago...

"Thank you for contacting our office regarding your I-129F filed on behalf of your fiancée. We have contacted the California Service Center on your behalf. They confirmed that your case appears to be running behind schedule. Fortunately, the Congressional Liaison agreed to pull your file to determine if it can be adjudicated immediately. If your file is complete, and if the Agency does not need any additional evidence in order to reach a decision, you should receive a decision shortly. We will provide you with updated information as soon as it is received."

Nothing since then. Our case was not even touched.

Timeline

That was my congressman reply 3 weeks ago...

"Thank you for contacting our office regarding your I-129F filed on behalf of your fiancée. We have contacted the California Service Center on your behalf. They confirmed that your case appears to be running behind schedule. Fortunately, the Congressional Liaison agreed to pull your file to determine if it can be adjudicated immediately. If your file is complete, and if the Agency does not need any additional evidence in order to reach a decision, you should receive a decision shortly. We will provide you with updated information as soon as it is received."

Nothing since then. Our case was not even touched.

"if the agency does not need any additional evidence"??? That is the thing that galls me the most... so you sit around for months and months to be told you need something?? If a quick review could reveal you need something, you should be informed of that as soon as possible, not 8 months down the road...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

"if the agency does not need any additional evidence"??? That is the thing that galls me the most... so you sit around for months and months to be told you need something?? If a quick review could reveal you need something, you should be informed of that as soon as possible, not 8 months down the road...

A quick review? Like 15 minutes? That's how long it takes to review and approve a clean file.

See post #49 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/55762-1st-post-former-nsc-adjudicator-now-petitioner/page__st__45

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

A quick review? Like 15 minutes? That's how long it takes to review and approve a clean file.

See post #49 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/55762-1st-post-former-nsc-adjudicator-now-petitioner/page__st__45

Wow! I was being way too generous giving them half a day to work cases :)

This further underscores that there is no reason for them to be so behind. So, updating my hypothetical funding of CSC worker. 340 dollars for an average of let's say 1 hour per case (assuming some drag by complicated cases). That's easily 8 cases a day @ 20 days a month = 160 cases a month. so 12 months @ 160 gives us 1920 cases that a worker should be able to process a year. @ 340 a pop, that one worker brings in $652,800 . One dude can easily fund a dozen of himself plus pay for any overhead (as well as any hardship waivers, etc), just on those cases alone.... CSC should have more than enough resources to process cases in a timely fashion.

I gotta stop beating that particular horse. He is probably more than dead now. It just irks me that this squandering of resources is apparently taking place.

Timeline

Yep, which again shows that they are not putting resources on completing 1-129F's...or are pulling resources off to work on other things.

If we do the math...lets say 20 min per application, in December (which seems to be similar to January and February in processing), they processed 484 applications. 484 X 20 minutes each = 9680 minutes. 9680 minutes/60minutes per hour = 161.3 hours. 161.3 hours/15 working days (I assume the last week was a holiday) is 10.7 hours / day, so less than 1.5 people were/are approving K1's, or the man-hour equivalent. That doesn't sound like they are too serious about processing them, nor getting back to their 5 month goal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.