arcticrobot

Petition to the White House on speeding up process of getting K-1

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

That is the beauty of Americans . They only care about the aspect of government that involves them. That's why ere isn't enou pressure on Government to speed up the immigration project, because the every day average American doesn't really know about immigration process ,unless they have an immigrant in their immediate family.

There are thousands of petitions floating around out there to sign, how much effort do you put in on a daily basis researching them and then signing them? I certainly hope the "average" person doesn't take in 30 seconds of schooling from one side or another and then sign a petition they know little about.

I hope my neighbor would not sign a petition regarding immigration that basically just says "go faster" when he knows nothing on the subject..

Want the process faster? Lets make it faster..

Step #1 - Countries where people can fly here without visas should not need to go through the entire process.. If someone from Canada, Europe, Australia, etc want to be here for fraudulent reasons they don't need to fool someone to do it, they just need to get on a plane. Have them fill out some paperwork than can be done after they are already here - that way it can be in the slow bin because nobody will care and applications from other countries can go first.

Step #2 - Simplify the process by eliminating the areas with the highest propensity of fraud: no more co-sponsors allowed, up the minimum to say 200% of poverty levels, require that they speak a common language, etc.

Step #3 - If in doubt, don't investigate, simply deny the claim and require the person denying the claim to give a reason. The onus will be on those applying to then fix the issue and apply again. This is not as bad as it sounds as the system will be much faster.. Hopefully six weeks or less to go from application to setting an interview.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

promoting on FB and emailed George Takai lol....who knows maybe he will help by reposting to his millions of fans on FB =).

You don't know if you don't try.

Hello George or Whomever filters his mail =)

I am a member of www.visajourney.com and a fan of Mr. Takei both from TV and his facebook page.

I am humbly asking his assistance with something I feel is close to his heart as an immigrant.

A petition to get attention on the processing times of VISAs for family members of American citizens not corporations.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-american-citizens-equal-immigration-priority-corporations-adding-additional-immigration-reforms/2p4k6gh0

The president’s state of the Union speech outlined reforms but appear to be focused on people already in the US and also for corporation VISAs to get workers from outside the US to fill US jobs. (not something I am against but making a company’s VISA a priority over a mothers for their children seems wrong to me).

I am humbly asking for your signature and if possible for you to share this with your many fans to reach the almost impossible goal of 100K signatures by the 23rd of Feb.

Thank you for your consideration in this.

A fan.

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a reason it's hard for some people from certain countries to visit. People abused the system.

Yes so my fiancee from Phillipines is "bad" and can't visit me while we wait but if my fiancee was "good" from europe she could ?

That doesn't sound right to me.

Filed: Timeline

it has nothing to do with cynicism, the point is the government is well aware that immigration is broken and needs to be fixed. Sending a petition won't change anything, immigration reform is already in the works.

I strongly disagree with this. Without getting into too much detail, I worked closely with the government team who set up that petition site on the White House web page. Not just the people on the technical side but the policy side such as what to do with petitions, how to determine if they should get a response etc. I can tell you that nothing will get higher up agency management attention like getting a message from the WH asking if they've seen the petition on that site getting a lot of signatures, regarding that agency's issue area.

Everyone knows everything is broken, but the reality is that in government some things are more prioritized for fixing than others, and lets face it, the K1 process is not on the top of their list. The more attention an issue gets in government, the more priority it gets, that is the honest reality of it. So I would urge people to take the time to sign that petition. I can even tell you that I have seen issues from those petitions raised at a high level even if they didn't cross the 100,000 signature threshold. Something simple like a news channel picking up the story about one of those petitions even though the signature level is low, can get that issue attention at the agency level. It won't solve the problem, but every bit helps.

So good work on creating that petition, and keep it up. And for anyone that is wondering- even knowing some of the people I do in government, I get no special treatment in this process. Just found out today about NOA2 after 195 days. So I'm in line with the rest of you. Good luck everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can even tell you that I have seen issues from those petitions raised at a high level even if they didn't cross the 100,000 signature threshold. Something simple like a news channel picking up the story about one of those petitions even though the signature level is low, can get that issue attention at the agency level.

53 now, so say it gets a couple of hundred, would that work?

I seem to remember the threshold was much lower, care to comment on the increase? Just checked, initially it was 5,000. A number that could be feasible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

53 now, so say it gets a couple of hundred, would that work?

I seem to remember the threshold was much lower, care to comment on the increase? Just checked, initially it was 5,000. A number that could be feasible.

There is a time limit, and the 100,000 is correct.

AS OF JANUARY 15, 2013:

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 100,000 signatures within 30 days.

However, even if you do get the 100,000 signatures in the 30 days, you will only get a stupid response from a whitehouse intern or staffer. For example:

OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE RESPONSE TO

Support the People of Catalonia in their effort to decide their own future

Our response to the people of Catalonia

By Caitlin Hayden

Thank you for your petition regarding the people of Catalonia. The United States recognizes the unique culture and traditions of the Catalan region, but considers the status of Catalonia to be an internal Spanish matter. We are confident that the Government and the people of Spain will resolve this issue in accordance with their laws and Constitution.

Caitlin Hayden is Deputy NSS Spokesperson and Assistant Press Secretary

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

There are thousands of petitions floating around out there to sign, how much effort do you put in on a daily basis researching them and then signing them? I certainly hope the "average" person doesn't take in 30 seconds of schooling from one side or another and then sign a petition they know little about.

I hope my neighbor would not sign a petition regarding immigration that basically just says "go faster" when he knows nothing on the subject..

Want the process faster? Lets make it faster..

Step #1 - Countries where people can fly here without visas should not need to go through the entire process.. If someone from Canada, Europe, Australia, etc want to be here for fraudulent reasons they don't need to fool someone to do it, they just need to get on a plane. Have them fill out some paperwork than can be done after they are already here - that way it can be in the slow bin because nobody will care and applications from other countries can go first.

Step #2 - Simplify the process by eliminating the areas with the highest propensity of fraud: no more co-sponsors allowed, up the minimum to say 200% of poverty levels, require that they speak a common language, etc.

Step #3 - If in doubt, don't investigate, simply deny the claim and require the person denying the claim to give a reason. The onus will be on those applying to then fix the issue and apply again. This is not as bad as it sounds as the system will be much faster.. Hopefully six weeks or less to go from application to setting an interview.

Ya you say that until your one of the people who has something like the things you mentioned above go wrong and you think its not fair but theres nothing you can do it about. Just get denied. Yep.

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

Ya you say that until your one of the people who has something like the things you mentioned above go wrong and you think its not fair but theres nothing you can do it about. Just get denied. Yep.

I didn't say fair, I said faster. You are signing a petition asking the government to speed up processing. They have to make changes to make it faster - maybe at the expense of being less thorough which means a denial if anything even smells fishy..

More restrictions put into place (ie: the 200% poverty level requirement, a common language, etc) would discourage fringe cases from applying, or at least make them better prepare.. and allowing some of the western countries to avoid the process would also free up the pipeline.

You people that are signing the petition, what do you think would happen if it worked and orders came down from up high to significantly reduce the process time? Do you think they make a bunch of rubber stamps labeled "approved" and spend all day hand stamping?

Timeline

I didn't say fair, I said faster. You are signing a petition asking the government to speed up processing. They have to make changes to make it faster - maybe at the expense of being less thorough which means a denial if anything even smells fishy..

More restrictions put into place (ie: the 200% poverty level requirement, a common language, etc) would discourage fringe cases from applying, or at least make them better prepare.. and allowing some of the western countries to avoid the process would also free up the pipeline.

You people that are signing the petition, what do you think would happen if it worked and orders came down from up high to significantly reduce the process time? Do you think they make a bunch of rubber stamps labeled "approved" and spend all day hand stamping?

Well yes I'm not saying u dont make a good point u do. But 5 mo the is kind of long..but I can take that easy. No problem but now they say over 7 months. I guess at least I'm just saying I wish they would make a limit on how far there gonna let themselves get behind before they realize they need to stop and pick up the pace. I wouldn't be complaining if they just kept to the 5 months for k1 or any kind of time and stayed at least near that range of time :)

00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

Well yes I'm not saying u dont make a good point u do. But 5 mo the is kind of long..but I can take that easy. No problem but now they say over 7 months. I guess at least I'm just saying I wish they would make a limit on how far there gonna let themselves get behind before they realize they need to stop and pick up the pace. I wouldn't be complaining if they just kept to the 5 months for k1 or any kind of time and stayed at least near that range of time :)

I have the luxury of already being through the process, I felt differently when I was the one waiting :blush: I think if the entire process was transparent (so we knew exactly why the application went into five month holes) it would be easier to suggest fixes. That would be my number one request and a petition I'd sign... Make the entire process transparent.

The California USCIS did make a big push at the time I submitted my application. They went from five months to just under three months for application approval - mine went through in about three months. USCIS was pushing everyone else's petitions as well so they stacked up waiting for NVC - and then that pile of applications extended the interview dates because many of the embassies backed up a bit. I still ended up taking more than 8 months to get through the process.

Who knows, maybe if USCIS had kept it to three months the bubble would have worked through the system and a couple of months could have been shaved off the process. Instead I imagine they (USCIS) saw (or were told) that they were clogging up the system down stream and saw no need to go faster since it wasn't making a difference at the other end - why waste resources just to backlog the NVC and the embassies?

Edited by OnMyWayID

Timeline

I have the luxury of already being through the process, I felt differently when I was the one waiting :blush: I think if the entire process was transparent (so we knew exactly why the application went into five month holes) it would be easier to suggest fixes. That would be my number one request and a petition I'd sign... Make the entire process transparent.

The California USCIS did make a big push at the time I submitted my application. They went from five months to just under three months for application approval - mine went through in about three months. USCIS was pushing everyone else's petitions as well so they stacked up waiting for NVC - and then that pile of applications extended the interview dates because many of the embassies backed up a bit. I still ended up taking more than 8 months to get through the process.

Who knows, maybe if USCIS had kept it to three months the bubble would have worked through the system and a couple of months could have been shaved off the process. Instead I imagine they (USCIS) saw (or were told) that they were clogging up the system down stream and saw no need to go faster since it wasn't making a difference at the other end - why waste resources just to backlog the NVC and the embassies?

Yes yes yes. Thats exactly my point and exacty what I was thinnking :)

00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

And sadly with less than 3 days left there are a whole whopping 55 signatures.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Timeline

More positively this thread is approaching 2500 views and 58 posts!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

More positively this thread is approaching 2500 views and 58 posts!

Heck yes!! haha

00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

Now 60

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.