Danno

Do Atheists have an emptiness which needs filling?

207 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You will not get links. Nothing credible anyway. You'll get something from a source called fatlonelyatheists.org or some other BS.

Sister you are a trip.... I shut you down with proof from the leading mental health org and it's still not enough to budge your bias.

:wow:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Sister you are a trip.... I shut you down with proof from the leading mental health org and it's still not enough to budge your bias.

you've not posted a single link to back up your fat, lonely, and male dominated, claims.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one personal attack removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dude you are going to have to stick with one story here.... Either you lost your faith at a very young age as earlier posted or at you undertook "an academic study of Christian history and wow did that open my eyes."

At what age did you "fall away"?

Where did I say I lost my faith at a very young age? I stated people lied to me and that those liars are the ones who knew they were lying to me. I did not know they were lies until years later. Not just that they were lies, but cunningly worded lies so as to rationalize that they were not lying to me.

In college I realized how ridiculous Christianity was from the standpoint of science, but I began an intensive academic study as a search for the "Historical Jesus" out of intellectual curiosity a little over ten years ago and it is still ongoing. That is a very different question - how Christianity developed historically. Not whether I believe in an invisible sky-daddy.

Timeline

Hold onto your hate, if that gets you through the night, but cherry-picking from one website here, and one website there, is not the same as a critical examination of ancient history and humanities. THAT IS the realm of Apologetics.

Such a strange response to my having quoted the exact words in the Bible itself. I showed you the second set of ten commandments and the assertion by the Bible that they are the same.

Filed: Timeline

Such a strange response to my having quoted the exact words in the Bible itself. I showed you the second set of ten commandments and the assertion by the Bible that they are the same.

You did not, as has been explained to you, Ritual Decalogue vs. Ethical Decalogue.

Timeline

You know, it is possible that 1) other people read sentiments expressed here slightly different than you do (I see if not anger at religion, at least grumpiness directed that way)

Ok, so you can't quote anyone being angry at religion. It was a general insult without basis. For the amount of ad hominems hurled by the OP at atheists in this thread they are a pretty calm bunch. Being angry at someone incessantly offensive is a different thing from being angry at religion too.

2) it's not always about you.

Oh, so now you are being specificly insulting. For a person who claims to be so unemotional you sure do a lot of insulting.

All I was saying was

You mean all you were saying beyond the ad hominems, that is. Your friends who are zealots about atheism are not here, so projecting their behavior onto people here is not appropriate.

Timeline

You did not, as has been explained to you, Ritual Decalogue vs. Ethical Decalogue.

That isn't even a coherent sentence.

Exodus 34:1 says:

And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

This is the EXACT QUOTE from the Bible. So don't tell me I am not quoting it. Go look at it yourself, if you actually know how to use a Bible.

The Bible says the words are the same. They aren't. There isn't any double-talk that can change that fact.

Timeline

you've not posted a single link to back up your fat, lonely, and male dominated, claims.

I shouldn't have to post links, my word alone should be GOLD here. :whistle:

I only feel the need to post them when someone challenges me, no one is willing to do that because they know I will shut them down too.

:innocent:

Edited by Danno

William Penn

Timeline

You sound like The Kenyan.

Actually, me and the Kenyan have a lot in common.

Well not a lot but a few things.

Now that I think of it, we don't have anything in common.

William Penn

Actually, me and the Kenyan have a lot in common.

Well not a lot but a few things.

Now that I think of it, we don't have anything in common.

That's an odd way of admitting that you are neither male nor human. But hey, whatever works for you...

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

That isn't even a coherent sentence.

Exodus 34:1 says:

This is the EXACT QUOTE from the Bible. So don't tell me I am not quoting it. Go look at it yourself, if you actually know how to use a Bible.

The Bible says the words are the same. They aren't. There isn't any double-talk that can change that fact.

And exactly what is it you are saying was written on the second set of tablets? :blink:

The Second Tables of Stone

1 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

3 And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount, out of the midst of the fire, in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

Deuteronomy 10:1-4