Danno

Do Atheists have an emptiness which needs filling?

207 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Danno, what if you encounter God disguised as a homeless drunk on the street? Will you recognize Him?

you know drunkenness is a sin, and God is without sin.

Why would the creator of the Universe come disguised as someone broken by sin?

what would be the point?

Are you under some assumption you are more "in tune" with the down trodden than me?

My friend.... You just have no idea.

The delusion that you've ever shut down ANYONE on here is adorable. You're the only one who has ever seen it happen.

and yet you still did not make the claim I was wrong.

(wink)

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

How can you face something that does not exist? How can you deny that which is not?

How can you deny the existence of something unless you know for a fact it does not exist?

You can't know for a fact because we have not even begun to explore the heavens.

Yet in faith you take a stand.

I hear ya.

William Penn

Timeline

I'm watching what you are doing instead of listening to your rationalizations and manipulative double-talk. You have a battery of "why Atheists are bad people" memes. Who does such a biased thing and then pretends they are just "relaying research"? Antisocial personalities.

What we learn about your personality types is that this is not going to be limited to your treatment of atheists. Your wife and children are going to get this in spades.

Endless "why Atheists are bad people" diatribes.

Bizarre. This is the elevated self-importance you see in narcissistic personalities. You seem to fancy yourself as some kind of swashbuckling hero. All I see is an anonymous internet poster spewing a continuous stream of insults - and here you even try to pretend you are following your religious teaching. But when you look at scripture you are commanded to turn the other cheek instead of being an aggressive, insulting character.

-It is considered poor manners to try to bring members families into the debate.

-I never said atheists were bad people, I just pointed out they care less when someone else suggested they did not need religion to be caring.

-Jesus took the time to braid a whip and then went on and drove the bad folks from the temple.

It;s not all sugar in spice.

He also told his disciples to sell their stuff to buy a sword, when his earthy ministry was coming to a close.

William Penn

Too many big words. Danno will either not read this, or claim to have read it and say it says something it doesn't.

i have reached my like quota for the day, so :thumbs:

Science and reason looks pretty outstanding next to this.

and that goes double for this post. :luv:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1360877036[/url]' post='5980423']

How can you deny the existence of something unless you know for a fact it does not exist?

You can't know for a fact because we have not even begun to explore the heavens.

Yet in faith you take a stand.

I hear ya.

The absence of something is strong evidence it does not exist, your superstition notwithstanding. You need not prove it so much as observe it, or rather, its absence.

There is as much proof and evidence there is a god, as there is evidence there are several gods, in fact; were one to follow your line of sophistry.

Having said that, children do believe there to be a Santa Claus, so let me not be the one to spoil your Xmas.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

God is quite clearly a liar according to the first pages of your own Bible. He claims Adam would die if he ate from the tree. He did not die. The serpent told the truth - that they would not die and would instead gain the wisdom of knowing between good and evil.

Forgive me for correcting you on point after point but if I don't.... Who will?

:thumbs:

Your whole post was based on a misunderstanding.

God did not lie.

The serpent told eve (not adam) if she took from the fruit her eyes would be open ....she would be "like god", knowing good from evil.

You see that was such a smooth lie that worked then and it keeps on working -forget what God said, you will not die and in fact you will be just like god.

Well Adam and Eve did die and they hardly became "like god".

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forgive me for correcting you on point after point but if I don't.... Who will?

:thumbs:

Your whole post was based on a misunderstanding.

God did not lie.

The serpent told eve (not adam) if she took from the fruit her eyes would be open ....she would be "like god", knowing good from evil.

You see that was such a smooth lie that worked then and it keeps on working -forget what God said, you will not die and in fact you will be just like god.

Well Adam and Eve did die and they hardly became "like god".

How typical, a Christian that doesn't know his own Bible:

16: And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

That is clearly a lie. Adam and Eve did not die. Look how you don't even know it says they will die the day they eat it. Or is it lying for Jesus, where you know what it says yet need to cover it up? Either way this is why you are no challenge intellectually.

You have to defend the scribblings of ignorant Bronze Age goat herders, and you can't manipulate your way out of what the Bible actually says. The emptiness you have is between your ears. Skeptics don't have that problem.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: Timeline
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Hmmm. We need to find this tree of life. What are a few Cherubims and a flaming sword, compared to the awesomeness of the US military.