mavmb

Photo required?

16 posts in this topic

I was going to submit a K1-Petition to start the visa process. I noticed that I don't have a passport style photo of my fiance. Should I fly back to the Dominican Republic to get this from her? Is a passport style photo of her required for the initial K1-submission?

I was going to submit a K1-Petition to start the visa process. I noticed that I don't have a passport style photo of my fiance. Should I fly back to the Dominican Republic to get this from her? Is a passport style photo of her required for the initial K1-submission?

My girlfriend sent me hers through western union, you don't need to go back to get her passport photo!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am about to send my K1 visa too. I guess I will be attaching 2 passport style photos with my G-325's

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." Bruce Lee

2006: Met online and started chatting

July 14, 2010: Officially a couple

November 04, 2010: Finally met in Dubai

November 14, 2010: Engaged

November 17, 2010: Left Dubai to go back to the US

January 2, 2011: Moved back to Dubai

January 6, 2011: Officially got engaged by a priest

April 27, 2011: We're having a baby!

July 7, 2011: Moved back to the states

January 15, 2012: Gave birth to our daughter Madelyn

February 13th, 2013: Sent I-129F

February 14th 2013: I-129f received at Lewisville TX Lock Box

February 20th, 2013: USCIS cashed my check

February 20th, 2013: Received email/text of acceptance of NOA1

February 25th, 2013: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

February 25th, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

June 21st, 2013: Case was transferred to Texas

July 30th, 2013: NOA2

00-00-2013 Case forwarded to NVC

00-00-2013 Case forwarded by NVC to US Embassy

00-00-2013 Packet sent

00-00-2013 Interview date set

00-00-2013 Medical

00-00-2013 Interview

00-00-2013 Visa Approved

00-00-2013 US Entry

00-00-2013 Wedding

event.png

My girlfriend sent me hers through western union, you don't need to go back to get her passport photo!

She sent it through Western Union? I don't understand. You got a hard copy of it through Western Union? I have an copy of her passport style photo on email. However, I went to Wallgreens and Walmart tonight to print it and they won't print anything passport size. I guess because of security reasons.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

If you have a digital copy just use the government website to size it correctly and have it printed here.

Dept of State Photo tool

I used this for the NVC stage as my husband sent me ones not even in size. Worked great!

Edited by MedRoni

She sent it through Western Union? I don't understand. You got a hard copy of it through Western Union? I have an copy of her passport style photo on email. However, I went to Wallgreens and Walmart tonight to print it and they won't print anything passport size. I guess because of security reasons.

What I did was, I told my girlfriend to sent me all the documents I needed from her, like that letter that says your fiance intends to marry you within 90 days and bla blah blah, she needed to sign that letter and sent me passport pictures, she sent me a package through western union, but you will have dhl knocking on your door, it took about 3 to 5 days cause I wasnt home...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do you have her letter of intent and G-325A both with original signatures? For the passport photo: http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you have a digital copy just use the government website to size it correctly and have it printed here.

Dept of State Photo tool

I used this for the NVC stage as my husband sent me ones not even in size. Worked great!

It would be generally cheaper for you to use this website. If you have a decent working printer at home or with a friend, grab some glossy photo paper and just by following the guides you can print your own. You can print off as many as you want to send off or keep as spares without having to make a trip to the nearest photo booth or drug store and paying their extortionate prices.

Current Status: AOS - Processing

Happily Married Dec 6th 2013 <3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

It would be generally cheaper for you to use this website. If you have a decent working printer at home or with a friend, grab some glossy photo paper and just by following the guides you can print your own. You can print off as many as you want to send off or keep as spares without having to make a trip to the nearest photo booth or drug store and paying their extortionate prices.

True! Good point.

If you don't have a good quality printer and paper and have to pay to have it done, I was able to get ours at WalMart for $7.00.

I was shocked to see it half the price from the major drug store chains, but it is still cheaper then her sending some to you! Either way, hopefully you are good to go now :star:

she can send it through Fed ex

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Do you have her letter of intent and G-325A both with original signatures? For the passport photo: http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Very good point...if she has to send you the form plus the letter with original signatures, she can send the pictures at the same time.

Otherwise just print them using the tool.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Have her FedEx one to you.

And thoroughly read the instructions to determine what is needed......I say this because of course the photo is required....plus other stuff....that you may have overlooked also.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Have her FedEx one to you.

And thoroughly read the instructions to determine what is needed......I say this because of course the photo is required....plus other stuff....that you may have overlooked also.

Thanks, I have everything else included for the package, even a receipt of the ring I bought for her to prove this is a real relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

You do need a recent passport photo. Ask her to mail it to you. :thumbs:

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.