ronwa

Interview before AOS Approval

22 posts in this topic

First of all I want to say how much I admire this online community, I only wish I had discovered it sooner.My wife and I filed both i130 and i485 concurrently in April 2012. We recieved EAD in September 2012 and we got an interview notice in January 2013. On February 6 we went for the interview and the IO told us we would hear of their decision in 30 to 60 days. Today I got an email notification that both i485 and i130 have been approved. I am struggling with the meaning of this. I would appreciate any input. Thank you.

I'm not sure how you can interpret an approval in any way other than your green card being approved.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I'm not sure how you can interpret an approval in any way other than your green card being approved.

But there was no notice about a green card.

Your I-485 is an application to obtain a green card; if your I-485 is approved then your application to receive a green card has been approved.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

? An approved I-485 results in a GC being sent to you. What are you confused about?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Has anyone ever or know of anyone who had their i130 and i485 approved and not gotten a green card. There is no such a thing as a stupid question so if you are going to be rude when you answer, then please keep your opinion to yourself. Thank you.

Today I got an email notification that both i485 and i130 have been approved. I am struggling with the meaning of this. I would appreciate any input. Thank you.

What part are you struggling with? You're approved.

Has anyone ever or know of anyone who had their i130 and i485 approved and not gotten a green card. There is no such a thing as a stupid question so if you are going to be rude when you answer, then please keep your opinion to yourself. Thank you.

The I-485 was your application for a green card. You got a notice that that application was approved. Why would you NOT get a green card?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No. You went to your interview and got notice that you were approved. That approval results in a green card being produced and mailed to you. I do not understand what you are confused about or why you think your approval would be different than any other approval. Why do you think they would approve your case and then withhold your green card?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Well I suppose they could always go back and reverse their decision if new information comes to light. But it would be rare.

In those cases your 'welcome letter' has additional wording on the bottom that says something like "After review, we have reopened the above application or petition. or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."

It means that they approved your 485 too quickly. Usually the officer did so before your name check came back clear. Once the name check is complete, youre good to go.

So you could be approved based on an interview... and then delayed because the officer didnt check your name check was cleared yet... you get a funky welcome letter..the name check clears....and then get your GC in the mail.

OR- youre approved in the interview- you get the funky welcome letter-your name doesnt come back clear- no GC. (but you have other problems besides the lack of GC if your name doesnt come back clear IMO)

It's like saying I baked a cake, and I put it in my mouth, and I chewed and swallowed, but I didn't eat any cake... or something.

Upon I-485 approval, a Greencard is made. You could understand it as an application for a GC, which was approved, so GC comes. One action causes the other.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

like I said if you cant be nice please shut it.

Dont be so tought on people. Your post doesnt make sense very much. Although there is a chance (very slim) as said above that decision of approval was made too quick and might be looked over before issueing green card.However you said this :"Today I got an email notification that both i485 and i130 have been approved. I am struggling with the meaning of this" Why are you struggling of meaning??? Meaning is you are APPROVED! approved for green card! Check your online status once you see Card production -you'll get your card pretty much 100%.There is nothing to be struggling about.

But there was no notice about a green card.

There is no notice about green card becouse your I-485 & I-130 has to be prroved!!!! This is first step to a card production! Once your I-485 & I-130 approved your permanent residency will be registered and your green card will go into productiion!!!! This is how it works. First your applications get approved THEN green card will be ordered!Celebrate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.