N-o-l-a

Jaded I-130 Waiters

229 posts in this topic

I think if it were my husband posting on VJ (he's the beneficiary), there wouldn't be a whole lot of complaining to do - he loves Denmark, why would he want to leave save for me?

I love Canada. To be honest, sometimes I wish he'd just move here despite it all. But I will move down there to be with him. I just spent 10 days beside him and if feels right, like it's supposed to. Like that's where I belong.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I think if it were my husband posting on VJ (he's the beneficiary), there wouldn't be a whole lot of complaining to do - he loves Denmark, why would he want to leave save for me?

My comment wasn’t meant as a dig at anyone. I think the visa process is slow and painful, and I understand the need to vent sometimes.

However, you’ve posted many times about how much you hate Denmark.

Please don’t take this as an attack...it’s just - if my husband hated my home country (USA) as much as you seem to dislike his, I would feel crushed, as it’s a part of me, it’s where my family are, and it’s part of what made me who I am. But maybe he doesn’t care and hates it just as much, so what do I know.

Anyway, I wish you a speedy approval.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love Canada. To be honest, sometimes I wish he'd just move here despite it all. But I will move down there to be with him. I just spent 10 days beside him and if feels right, like it's supposed to. Like that's where I belong.

I love Ontario. Alberta & Saskatchewan are not my first choice for ideal places to live. Really, I didn't realize how good I had it in ON. But FL is even better, IMO. I love it there. The only thing I don't like about America is no universal health care. But I think we'll manage.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

######, ######, f*ckity ######.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Case Status and Other Customer Relationship Information System Sites Unavailable Tuesday, Feb. 5, 9 p.m. to Wednesday, Feb. 6, 5 a.m. EST

Just so everyone knows

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My comment wasn’t meant as a dig at anyone. I think the visa process is slow and painful, and I understand the need to vent sometimes.

However, you’ve posted many times about how much you hate Denmark.

Please don’t take this as an attack...it’s just - if my husband hated my home country (USA) as much as you seem to dislike his, I would feel crushed, as it’s a part of me, it’s where my family are, and it’s part of what made me who I am. But maybe he doesn’t care and hates it just as much, so what do I know.

Anyway, I wish you a speedy approval.

He doesn't really care, to be honest. We have sort of a common set of ancestors (my maiden name is carryover from the Jutland Danes who settled in Yorkshire and most of the people in my father's family have Norse names) and all of my family comes from the UK, northern Netherlands, and northern Germany as none of my grandparents were born in the US and neither was my bio-dad.

Well, anyways....I was a super happy and cheery person in America who mopped my floors on a regular basis. :unsure: I'd really like to be that person again. I haven't mopped in 2 weeks.

mopping_woman.jpg

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I try to be positive seeing I am just about 2 months in but seeing some of the people who have been waiting for so long makes me slighlty annoyed in the sense that there is no pattern there's some serious randomness going on... anyhow.. wish everyone the best and especially those past 5 months... This blows:)

Thanks Nola for this thread!! especially the ** no happy news allowed lol***

Sherry

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted
9/17/2013 called NVC case was completed as of today

10/1/2013 rec'd interview letter and date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

11/12/2013 email to pick up visa!!!

09/09/15-12/2016 ROC +interview= appproved in over a year

12/21/2016 fedex'd N-400 application and per fedex was rec'd

Well, anyways....I was a super happy and cheery person in America who mopped my floors on a regular basis. :unsure: I'd really like to be that person again. I haven't mopped in 2 weeks

Adjustment to moving abroad takes time. I moved abroad to the Middle East and stayed for 5 years. My first year I absolutely hated it and wondered what I had gotten myself into. But I grew to love the experience and the people I was around. It takes time. Are you working? Are you involved in any activities that would connect you with other people?

My strategy for adjustment was 'fake it until I make it.' I did so many things I didn't want to do (events, etc) - but they grounded me in the community, and a year later, living there felt tolerable... and after 4 years it felt like home (and that was when I knew it was time to get out!).

So I recommend you go find yourself a nice pink apron (and if you do find one like that, please let me know so I can get one too), do some mopping, and to get anyway from the visa process. There. That's my unsolicited advice. :)

Good luck again!

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy

Timeline

I got an email today....and the worst case scenario has just happened.

I’m not sure what is going on with this case. Why was the address changed on December 12, 2012 to indicate you and your husband were living in CT?

According to the National Benefits Center, the address on the petition was NOT changed back to Denmark on the 23rd because there was miscommunication and the whole file was sent to the Hartford USCIS office on that exact date, instead of being sent to the NVC and subsequently abroad to Denmark. I went ahead and sent an email to the Hartford office asking them to make sure the address is listed as the original one on the application, Denmark. Is the address you provided below in the correct format for Denmark?

I will keep you posted. Thank you,

3/26/18 Biometrics

What is the reason for the discrepancies between the time it takes for certain applications to get approved and others? Some of you have been waiting a ludicrously long time that makes me anxious. Are the differences due to the fact we are all applying from different countries (i.e., some countries are faster than others), or what?

190 days since I submitted it in July 2012

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Well, anyways....I was a super happy and cheery person in America who mopped my floors on a regular basis. :unsure: I'd really like to be that person again. I haven't mopped in 2 weeks

And acutally, now that I've had a longer thought - maybe the mopping thing won't be something you love doing in Denmark.

I remember that first year abroad lamenting the loss of so many things I loved doing in the USA. But those activities were eventually replaced by doing other things that I learned to love just as much. The experience changed me, and I allowed it to change me. So maybe not mopping.

Anyway, I've procrastinated enough. That paper won't write itself. Good luck again!

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He doesn't really care, to be honest. We have sort of a common set of ancestors (my maiden name is carryover from the Jutland Danes who settled in Yorkshire and most of the people in my father's family have Norse names) and all of my family comes from the UK, northern Netherlands, and northern Germany as none of my grandparents were born in the US and neither was my bio-dad.

Well, anyways....I was a super happy and cheery person in America who mopped my floors on a regular basis. :unsure: I'd really like to be that person again. I haven't mopped in 2 weeks.

My husband hates America.

He's coming anyways.

I'm not upset that he hates America.

As long as he doesn't complain about it to my face, that's fine.

Adjustment to moving abroad takes time. I moved abroad to the Middle East and stayed for 5 years. My first year I absolutely hated it and wondered what I had gotten myself into. But I grew to love the experience and the people I was around. It takes time. Are you working? Are you involved in any activities that would connect you with other people?

My strategy for adjustment was 'fake it until I make it.' I did so many things I didn't want to do (events, etc) - but they grounded me in the community, and a year later, living there felt tolerable... and after 4 years it felt like home (and that was when I knew it was time to get out!).

So I recommend you go find yourself a nice pink apron (and if you do find one like that, please let me know so I can get one too), do some mopping, and to get anyway from the visa process. There. That's my unsolicited advice. :)

Good luck again!

Been in Canada for 3 years.

Still don't like it.

Doesn't always get better.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Not directly related to the visa process but definitely a jaded topic.

I sincerely wish my husband could come visit me in the U.S. for a change. Why oh why does it have to be such a challenge for an Indian man to get approved for a B-2??? These trips to India are getting so stressful and hard on my body. I've gotten sick on every single trip I've taken to India to visit my husband. I love India but its certainly not gentle on an outsider's immune system. Last trip I was even hospitalized. Who knows? The next trip might do me in for good :rofl:

But seriously, these long processing times only mean more long stressful trips to India since we can't even meet in a third country to shorten the travel time. I want to just move over there to be with him and wait the rest of this process out but my heartless employer has just laid me off :bonk:

Being jobless and husband-less is not a fun combination :angry:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Good luck again!

Actually, it would be tolerable if not for my daughter...the getting beaten and teased practically every day in school was ridiculous. She is also just not cut out for Denmark and when she begin to pee and poop herself constantly because of it, screamed and cried herself to sleep every night talking about the Danish kids hitting her and having no friends, and refused to approach Danish children... well our solution was filing the I-130.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Nola- that certainly would make it difficult. Do you have access to an international or American school where you are? I taught in one, and they are often very multicultural and the kiddos more open-minded.

Sorry to keep at this- just trying to help.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.