forgottenlady

SO CALLED RED FLAGS Im worried about

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fiancée has relatives or friends in the U.S. who seem to be taking too large a role in match-making - He was introduced by my uncle who is his close friend at work.

Couple hasn’t spent enough time together in person- When he came here, we were only friends, or has the so-called Mutual understanding then I realized I am starting to love him each day of his short vacation in May, We were introduced sometime in April, First week. So we've been talking on Skype right before he decided to travel half way across the world just to meet me.

Very large age difference between the couple- he is 27 years older than me to be exact, I didn't know til I realized I am so in love with this man. It didn't bother me at all since he looks so charming and looks good to me.First time I saw him, I liked him and realized why not give me a chance to know him more

Can you guys help me see the real picture of our love story? I know its real, but of course the CO wouldn't really know how exactly how it feels. I am bothered with all this stuffs I saw on other internet websites where it says the three things I listed above are RED FLAGS?

I have seen some who got same story and got approved. but of course I also know that it is a case to case basis.

THANKS

Timeline

Fiancée has relatives or friends in the U.S. who seem to be taking too large a role in match-making - He was introduced by my uncle who is his close friend at work.

Couple hasn’t spent enough time together in person- When he came here, we were only friends, or has the so-called Mutual understanding then I realized I am starting to love him each day of his short vacation in May, We were introduced sometime in April, First week. So we've been talking on Skype right before he decided to travel half way across the world just to meet me.

Very large age difference between the couple- he is 27 years older than me to be exact, I didn't know til I realized I am so in love with this man. It didn't bother me at all since he looks so charming and looks good to me.First time I saw him, I liked him and realized why not give me a chance to know him more

Can you guys help me see the real picture of our love story? I know its real, but of course the CO wouldn't really know how exactly how it feels. I am bothered with all this stuffs I saw on other internet websites where it says the three things I listed above are RED FLAGS?

I have seen some who got same story and got approved. but of course I also know that it is a case to case basis.

THANKS

Hi, I would not worry too much. The requirements are that you two are both legally free to marry and have met each other in person within the last two year. The are couples that have a larger age gap than you guys and were approved. Follow the K1 guide and get all of your documents in order and always ask questions on here. Good luck to you :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Timeline

Hi, I would not worry too much. The requirements are that you two are both legally free to marry and have met each other in person within the last two year. The are couples that have a larger age gap than you guys and were approved. Follow the K1 guide and get all of your documents in order and always ask questions on here. Good luck to you :thumbs:

Awww thanks Lyn

Those three things could potentially be red flags, but they can't turn you down just for that. It is your job to make sure you prove without a doubt that it is a genuine, bona fide relationship. If you do, I'm sure you'll be fine.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Those three things could potentially be red flags, but they can't turn you down just for that. It is your job to make sure you prove without a doubt that it is a genuine, bona fide relationship. If you do, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Exactly. Focus on positive things and don't bring yourself down. If you are in a genuine relationship, focus on making it feel that way to the COgood.gif

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

THANKS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi, Just to let you know I, the women, US citizen is 30 yrs older then my fiance. I was very worried about the age thing because it is very uncommon for older women, younger man. In his interveiw they never addressed it. He was approved fairly easy. He had to do administrative processing but he got his visa this week and will be here in US in March. Just take lots of photos when you are together and save everything like his travel documents, hotel recepts, to prove you have met in person. We had a chat history documented from 2008,tons of e-mails and phone calls. Save everything!! We also used a attorny, a firm that just helps with K1 type visas. Half the battle is having everything done correctly the first time. But now the second part of our the journey starts and I do not think it will be that easy for the AOS and I know the age thing will surely come up. But we are both adults and can live anyway we want. We just have to prove that we are in a legitment relationship.

Filed: Timeline

THANKS

It is not an issue of whether the CO wouldn't really know exactly how you two feel towards each other or not. It's about the material evidence you present or provide to support your case that will 'speak' for your case.

Regarding "can you guys help me see the real picture of our love story?" -- I don't think it matters as to how anyone see your "love story". Not sure if you need any approval from anyone to see your real love story besides both of your immediate families and friends. That said, I see some positives with your story relating to having met some of the conditions for filing an I-129F petition.

First, per your story above, you two have met prior to filing any petition which will fulfill that one big requirement - meeting within the last two years prior to filing the fiance/e petition.

Secondly, I personally do not see the age difference as a drawback. 27yrs is a big enough an age gab but definitely it's not unheard of and an outlier. I have known couples who are 25, 30 and even 40 years older than their partners. It's how you two feels towards each other that is the most important thing. Of course a CO have every right under the law to ask a or two question about your age, but it's how you handle the question(s) that will do the trick.

I would say, spend your time gathering much info from the time that you two spent together. Take lots of photos, keep receipts of shopping, boarding/travel passes, iteneraries, receipts of gifts to each other, stamps of your passports etc etc. If you don't much evidence for your last meeting, I would suggest you plan another trip to meet prior to filing the petition. That would give you guys another opportunity to gather more info.

Again, it's the body of evidence you present about your "real love story" to the USCIS/CO is what matters not how anyone in a forum sees it. Good luck!

ETA: this is the link to the guide - http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by Boggy1974

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

older foreign man marrying younger USCitizen female? Sorry, when is that a Red Flag?

When the gender is reversed, that's some problem, at some places.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

When the gender is reversed, that's some problem, at some places.

Gosh, welcome in the 21st century...Not a sexist world anymore... sigh headbonk.gif

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

come study at MENA, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Gosh, welcome in the 21st century...Not a sexist world anymore... sigh headbonk.gif

Gosh, welcome to immigration...it's a world of it's own and yes, still a bit sexist... :bonk:

The woman being 27 or 30 or even 10 years older than the man is a HUGE red flag for a LOT of countires. When it comes to immigration.

Edited by Kazulie

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Timeline

come study at MENA, aye?

I know, I know, I know.... I know how it is ... I am still sad it is that way. (I am currently listening to old politician men pretending they are not sexist because 'they cook wonderful chikens, in the middle of a very serious political debate, youhou!!)

][/size]

'

Gosh, welcome to immigration...it's a world of it's own and yes, still a bit sexist... :bonk: <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 253);"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 253);">The woman being 27 or 30 or even 10 years older than the man is a HUGE red flag for a LOT of countires. When it comes to immigration.

yep...

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.