Alfia & John

Introduction but not a newbie

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all RUB members;

My name is john but friends call me moose. Even though my profile is new, I am not (on VJ or in life). This is not my first go with a K1. I have not successfully completed the K1 visa but have started three in the past. One stopped before interview (a joint decision after we were living together in Russia for three months) and two stopped before USCIS decision (one stopped my me and the second stopped by her because she was unable to move the USA). All girls are still my friends, one is in UK (married to a wonderful man) and the other two still in Russia. I have been involved on VJ since Slim and Neonred (I used to also live in Florida) stated their K1's and before Gary and Alla started.

After taking four years off to recover after my last failure, I am trying again. I have met (online, not in person) my sweetheart. I am trying to take it slow but the accelerator is stuck. She is everything I could ever hope for, sweet, kind, responsive and beautiful. We are currently planning my trip for a visit. This will not be my first trip to Russia. I have been over multiple times to visit my previous attempts and I went to live in Russia to work at a nature park as a wildlife photographer. This life changing experience instilled in me a desire to do more for animals and I have returned to school to earn a PhD in moose conservation (at age 56).

Oh, her name is Olga and she lives in Kirov. She has one son, about 23 years old.

I am not requesting any advice (yet), simply introducing myself in case you see my posts in response to other questions.

Edited by moosescape

Timeline

Hello all RUB members;

My name is john but friends call me moose. Even though my profile is new, I am not (on VJ or in life). This is not my first go with a K1. I have not successfully completed the K1 visa but have started three in the past. One stopped before interview (a joint decision after we were living together in Russia for three months) and two stopped before USCIS decision (one stopped my me and the second stopped by her because she was unable to move the USA). All girls are still my friends, one is in UK (married to a wonderful man) and the other two still in Russia. I have been involved on VJ since Slim and Neonred (I used to also live in Florida) stated their K1's and before Gary and Alla started.

After taking four years off to recover after my last failure, I am trying again. I have met (online, not in person) my sweetheart. I am trying to take it slow but the accelerator is stuck. She is everything I could ever hope for, sweet, kind, responsive and beautiful. We are currently planning my trip for a visit. This will not be my first trip to Russia. I have been over multiple times to visit my previous attempts and I went to live in Russia to work at a nature park as a wildlife photographer. This life changing experience instilled in me a desire to do more for animals and I have returned to school to earn a PhD in moose conservation (at age 56).

Oh, her name is Olga and she lives in Kirov. She has one son, about 23 years old.

I am not requesting any advice (yet), simply introducing myself in case you see my posts in response to other questions.

Now everyone is trying to guess what your old name was (on VJ, I mean). Also: "about 23 years..."? Don't you know exactly?

Timeline

Now everyone is trying to guess what your old name was (on VJ, I mean). Also: "about 23 years..."? Don't you know exactly?

He was born 1989, not sure of his birthday so it is either 23 or 24. I honestly don't remember my previous names on VJ. I do remember you SMR.

Edited by moosescape

Timeline

He was born 1989, not sure of his birthday so it is either 23 or 24. I honestly don't remember my previous names on VJ. I do remember you SMR.

Oh, sorry. I misread your post. I thought you said the fiancee was 23. Not knowing how old the son is makes perfect sense. Nobody knows how old their own kids are, let alone someone else's kids.

Timeline

Oh, sorry. I misread your post. I thought you said the fiancee was 23. Not knowing how old the son is makes perfect sense. Nobody knows how old their own kids are, let alone someone else's kids.

I found out, his birthday is in November and born 1989, so he is 23. At my age, no way I would think of dating a lady that is 23, my children are older than that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Welcome, Moose...

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I found out, his birthday is in November and born 1989, so he is 23. At my age, no way I would think of dating a lady that is 23, my children are older than that.

A wise man! If you meet a 23 year old woman, follow her home to meet her mother! :P

Welcome (back) and good luck!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome back, John-Bone (Moose-Bone?)!

A PhD in Moose Conservation -- intriguing. Tell us more, si man!

T-B. (honorary RUBforum member)

---

Edited to add: The active RUBforum member james&olya also appears to live in the UP.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi John!

I often wondered what happened to you. Good to see you are still at it.

I don't check VJ as much as I used to. Seem to be so busy, and wife is a US citizen now.

Best of luck to you, and keep in touch.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

Hello all RUB members;

:thumbs:

Looks like we are almost neighbors! We are in Houghton for shopping all the time, my Russian step-daughter even attends pre-school there At MTU! There are a few Russian/American families here. If your sweetheart would like I am sure Olya would be happy to correspond with her about what life is like here in American Siberia! :D

Timeline

:thumbs:

Looks like we are almost neighbors! We are in Houghton for shopping all the time, my Russian step-daughter even attends pre-school there At MTU! There are a few Russian/American families here. If your sweetheart would like I am sure Olya would be happy to correspond with her about what life is like here in American Siberia! :D

Wow, thanks James, as we get closer to approval date, I would love to have your wife speak with her. I am not sure we will remain in this area after I finish the PhD, a lot will depend on her desires. I am pretty sure she is tired of cold and snow, I am fairly mobile so can relocate.

Timeline

Hi John!

I often wondered what happened to you. Good to see you are still at it.

I don't check VJ as much as I used to. Seem to be so busy, and wife is a US citizen now.

Best of luck to you, and keep in touch.

Yes, I was out of touch for two years when I was in Russia. There was just no reason to hang around VJ feeling bad. I also needed time to recover. Life has been good to me, I will not give up. This time, I don't care if I live over there, she comes over here or if we go somewhere totally new.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Welcome ! Do you have any great moose recipes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.