Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2013

1,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Invoicing means NVC made the bill available to pay. In one of the monthly threads, months and months ago, a member tried opting in BEFORE the AOS bill was invoiced and he ended up wasting weeks I believe to get back on track as it caused issues.

Thanks Saylin! I've seen you helping answering questions all the time. You're one of the most warm hearted and helpful experts :thumbs:

Timeline

Called NVC yesterday in hopes of getting my numbers, but still nothing yet! Very hopeful that next week we'll be able to get some info, so we can get this show on the road! :yes: All of our paperwork is done and ready to send, so we're crossing our fingers that once we get all our numbers it will be a quick process. Interviews at our consulate seem to be backed up, and are taking upwards of two months to get scheduled, so we're aiming for an interview mid-April. My birthday is at the end of April, and a visa for my husband would be a great present! :star: Fingers crossed!

Lots of luck to everyone else! Hope February is a productive month. :dance:

My case arrived at NVC about the same day as yours. I called today, not in the system yet. I'm not going to call tomorrow since it's the 1st day of a month. And will not call next Monday, plan on Tuesday. I think we should get our case numbers some time next week. Let's be patient yet working hard. :dance: Let us konw once you get your number.

Edited by Grace2013

:P Thanks. I am saving my call to NVC ( since case complete) for last thing tomorrow. I am so hoping for a Feb date.

Me too I am so ready for this to be over. I was leaving next week for our anniversary but I am waiting for the interview. Have to call the airline to postpone!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

33 days since NOA2 and no case number. I was hoping to not be in this thread. :hehe:

10/30/2012 - Sent I-130
11/06/2012 - NOA1
12/29/2012 - NOA2 (53 days)

2/4/2013 - NVC received
2/22/2013 - Case number/IIN
10/2/2013 - Case Completed at NVC
xx/xx/2013 - Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to February ! Yay !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you my friend, I'll definitely go EP, it saves so much time! I saw on the visajourney wiki, it says only OPT IN after invoicing the AOS bill. What does 'invoicing the bill' mean, does it mean paying the bill or receiving the receipt? Is it true? When it a good time to OPT IN? Thanks!

Are you reviewing this?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

I ask, because the word 'invoicing' is no where on that wiki page.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks Saylin! I've seen you helping answering questions all the time. You're one of the most warm hearted and helpful experts :thumbs:

Aww, thanks! luv.gif Love helping people out, so they can get to their loved ones faster. Cause I know how hard it is to be separated!

33 days since NOA2 and no case number. I was hoping to not be in this thread. :hehe:

Well, this should be your last NVC thread, just keep that in mind. And always remember, this isn't your 9th thread, like it is for Dwheels...

Well, since we just got our case number yesterday, looks like this will be the thread to follow now!! :) Thanks Saylin!! :D

Oh, wow, you got your case number pretty fast (compared to others waiting a month)! The next part of the process is going to zoom by, so make sure you're ready!!

Aww, thanks! luv.gif Love helping people out, so they can get to their loved ones faster. Cause I know how hard it is to be separated!

Well, this should be your last NVC thread, just keep that in mind. And always remember, this isn't your 9th thread, like it is for Dwheels...

Oh, wow, you got your case number pretty fast (compared to others waiting a month)! The next part of the process is going to zoom by, so make sure you're ready!!

Yes! When I called them today, I wasn't expecting to receive a case number but the woman who I spoke with said my case was entered into the system AND issued a case number along with an IIN. She gave me everything over the phone, took our emails and bid goodbye. I am already working on getting everything else together, almost there, hopefully! :D

Yes! When I called them today, I wasn't expecting to receive a case number but the woman who I spoke with said my case was entered into the system AND issued a case number along with an IIN. She gave me everything over the phone, took our emails and bid goodbye. I am already working on getting everything else together, almost there, hopefully! :D

It's always nice to get something when you're not expecting it for another week or two! laughing.gif And yes, definitely get everything prepared, as you'll be able to send out packages very soon!

Have you sent the DS-3032 yet?

Yup. My husband emailed the DS-3032 to NVC today. Hopefully, things will go as planned and smoothly.

good.gif

Just noticed it was in your signature, d'oh headbonk.gif

Timeline

Are you reviewing this?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

I ask, because the word 'invoicing' is no where on that wiki page.

Darnell, I'm sure I've viewed this already. I'm viewing too much material these days and got dizzy many times. :wacko:

Of course they're very very helpful. But since NVC hasn't sent out anything, I feel really like learning swimming on land.

Now my biggest concern is convert files to pdf. Is it possible to send the blank docs to get a signature first then filled it up and convert to pdf? If I go EP, must the fill entry be typed in or could be filled by hand writing? And does gmail have enough attachment file size for these files? I'm feeling very uncertain. :wacko:

Timeline

Suggest a different way.

YOU fill out the DS-230. Print to file again using CUTEPDF. Email new output files to parent. Parent prints out, signs, scans in again, emails to you.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Suggest a different way.

YOU fill out the DS-230. Print to file again using CUTEPDF. Email new output files to parent. Parent prints out, signs, scans in again, emails to you.

Hehe, you're always online. Must I type in the fill entry?

I tried to download cutepdf, but seems didn't work. Virus? Where you got cutepdf?

Parents can't scan in pdf, only in jpg, will the quality be ok?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.