HawaiianCecil

Getting my representative involved

13 posts in this topic

So I received my NOA1 on September 5, 2012. Fed up with waiting, I contacted my Congress woman's office. Her immigration person contacted USCIS on my behalf and was told the following: " Your constituent's case is currently under review by an Officer and can expect a response within 45 days". Sooooo, if they add another 45 days to the nearly 5 months I've already waited, it should give the rest of you an idea of what can be expected of the CSC.

Sucks but what can I do but keep waiting? At least glad I contacted my representative.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So I received my NOA1 on September 5, 2012. Fed up with waiting, I contacted my Congress woman's office. Her immigration person contacted USCIS on my behalf and was told the following: " Your constituent's case is currently under review by an Officer and can expect a response within 45 days". Sooooo, if they add another 45 days to the nearly 5 months I've already waited, it should give the rest of you an idea of what can be expected of the CSC.

Sucks but what can I do but keep waiting? At least glad I contacted my representative.......

Sorry but September to January isn't 5 months,,,,,,it's only 4. You are well within the timelines and need to just wait.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Sorry but September to January isn't 5 months,,,,,,it's only 4. You are well within the timelines and need to just wait.

September 1 to February 1 is five months. I am aware that I am one week early.....

September 1 to February 1 is five months. I am aware that I am one week early.....

September 5*. They're only counting from the date of your NOA1.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Same comment....keep waiting. Good friends of ours took 10 months, no RFEs and he was military. It will take as long as it takes....you knew that going in. Keep up the communications and planning for their arrival. All this will be over eventually and you'll never look back. It's a good test of your relationship.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical Check out the Timelines etc., looks like they are processing July for NOA2 and you started in September.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to be a date buster. Your supposition is that 5 months has passed when you hit the Feb 5 date. Unfortunately this is the absolute beginning of the 5 month period (personal previous experience working for the government :crying: ). So your full 5 months is up on March 4 2013. I am Sept 4 and this is actually good news as this means that adjudication is only around 15 days behind schedule; if you wait the (stated within) full 45 days. Hopefully speeding up, if trends repeat themselves, we will see responses and NOA 2's late February.

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Appreciate the responses. I didn't post this to complain about the waiting - I was aware of what I got myself into! I posted because I wanted to share the response I received from my representative's office......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Same comment....keep waiting. Good friends of ours took 10 months, no RFEs and he was military. It will take as long as it takes....you knew that going in. Keep up the communications and planning for their arrival. All this will be over eventually and you'll never look back. It's a good test of your relationship.

:thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical Check out the Timelines etc., looks like they are processing July for NOA2 and you started in September.

:thumbs:

All you can do is wait. :clock:

The end results will be worth it.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have been waiting almost 8 months now. I received a RFE on DEC 13, 2012 i mailed it and they received it on dec.18,2012 but I have not got a reply saying they got my evidence. i have called uscis many times with no help or info from them... so my question is how do you get your congress person involved? thanks

I have been waiting almost 8 months now. I received a RFE on DEC 13, 2012 i mailed it and they received it on dec.18,2012 but I have not got a reply saying they got my evidence. i have called uscis many times with no help or info from them... so my question is how do you get your congress person involved? thanks

I just wrote a detailed letter to her office and I got an email from her attorney the next day. You can just use Google to find out who is your representative. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.