The Mean Lady

Catfished?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love this show catfished.

Cracks me up.

Since a huge chunk of us met our spouses online, I'm thinking maybe some of you have met other people from online as well.

Have any of the people in your past ever turned out to NOT be who you thought they were?

I used to post a LOT on a forum back in the day and met well over 20 people from the site.

(2) people in particular were a bit different that their pictures.

(1) Was the guy I ended up dating for almost (3) years lol.

- his pictures made him look WAY better than he turned out to look

- he actually lied to me about several things for a while, one being his age and he turned out to be 4 years younger than me =X

(1) Was a guy that turned out to be about 4" shorter than he said he was.

Nothing happened with that dude, but he had a huge crush on me.

He insisted to everyone on the forums for years thereafter that he was 5'10 but I just kept telling him 'no dude, you're 5'6" stop lying'

oldlady.gif

It makes me laugh, but at the same time I wonder what these people were thinking.

If you're talking to someone you consider your significant other, and they refuse to Skype with you or meet you for YEARS ... there's probably a reason.

Timeline

It makes me laugh, but at the same time I wonder what these people were thinking.

If you're talking to someone you consider your significant other, and they refuse to Skype with you or meet you for YEARS ... there's probably a reason.

I've watched (5) so far i think and only (1) was real.

But the guy was scared because he'd gained so much weight and that's why he was hiding.

I thought that was so sad =[

My issues were obviously mild.

I'm not comfortable video skyping. It's weird to me.

My whole company turns their video on for me and I tell them all I lost my camera =X

Both of the people I met I wouldn't get further in the relationship w/o meeting.

Though the second one I just met as a friend.

The first one, I knew right off the bat he looked different, but I really liked his personality.

I didn't know he was so young until we'd been dating THREE MONTHS!

In real life dating. Like, I'd moved to wisconsin to be closer to him.

That was a bad sign right there.

Ahhh to be young and stupid again.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I saw an article about this this morning and how people who sometimes have great chemistry online don't have it in person.

My husband looked nothing like his picture on interpals ( it was a really ugly picture) and things were different in terms of our flirting on Skype and in person, but it turns out that in person was about 1000 times better.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

I saw an article about this this morning and how people who sometimes have great chemistry online don't have it in person.

My husband looked nothing like his picture on interpals ( it was a really ugly picture) and things were different in terms of our flirting on Skype and in person, but it turns out that in person was about 1000 times better.

(3) of my boyfriends came from online.

1- was exactly the same online as he was in person both looks and personality.

But I also met him as a friend first and knew him for at least a year before we dated.

2- was the first guy stated in the original post.

3- was my husband. This was actually a hilarious circumstance.

I had seen a few pictures of my husband, but when I met him, he had greasy long hair and a HUGE beard.

He looked like a fricking hobo. But like I mentioned before, I'm really more of a personality person.

We just met as friends the first time anyways, no big deal.

Second time we met was as more and HOLY ####### HE SHAVED AND CUT HIS HAIR AND HE WAS HOT UNDER ALL THAT!

It was seriously like jaw dropping felt like I was with a whole different person lmao

All of the friends only that I've met online were the exact same except person number two in original post.

Well, I guess some of the girls were maybe a LITTLE fatter because they loved them myspace angles.

I know I always looked the exact same because I posted both good and bad pictures from any and all angles.

I was known on that site for changing my picture more than anyone else that posted on the whole site.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

YES! A HAPPY ONE! (so far)

Though.. the guy hunting the chick was actually the liar in all of this =X

Awe shoot nvm she just got pissed about the lying.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i like it, in the catfish show, when the two people decide to have a real relationship after the exposure.

True love knows no bounds ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i like it, in the catfish show, when the two people decide to have a real relationship after the exposure.

True love knows no bounds ;)

I haven't seen a single one yet pursue a romantic relationship post-show =[

oldlady.gif

My BF and I met online. Before we met in person he thought (from our online and phone conversations) that I was a midget with Tourette's.

He was very disappointed to find out I am just short and swear a lot.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I think the only one that wasn't what I expected was a guy who didn't mention he was a smoker. Went out on one date and he tried to french me all the sudden. It was disgusting, like what I imagine licking an ashtray must be like. Blech, still feel gross thinking about it and it was like 12-13 years ago.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven't seen a single one yet pursue a romantic relationship post-show =[

There was a transgender girl who pretended to be a boy and another girl. They ended up together.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04