ali93

Refused my F-1 Visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello

I need your help about my F-1 Visa.

I'm a sponsored student from a goverment and I have a scholarship.

I have been studying in US for 1 year and during that time I enrtered a nightclub using a fake ID and the scurity gaurd realized that it was fake and he just leave it in his pocket.

At that time I thought that he may through it away after the nightclub close.

After my first year studing in US, my visa was close to be expired because they gave me just 1 year for studing English and after that I should apply again as soon as I get the acceptance and new I-20 from a university and I accually got them.

After I returned to my country to apply for a new visa, I made my application and the interview was going so well but after one week they told me your vise is refused and you're welcome to apply again.

I made another application and went to the interview and the officer told me that the last time you applied you were refused I said yes and that's why I came again.

and he just start to ask me how I spend my time in US, and I just was laying like playing sports and something like that. He said don't you ever entered a bar or naight club and I said may be 3 or 4 times. He said to me you are 18 how you entered and I said that some night clubs do that. and he was just asking often how you entered and I was escaping the truth. he said look if you say the truth I will approve your visa now and I don't know why I was denaying. After that he gave me my passport and said your visa is refused because you are not strait with me

The question is : If I reapply for a visa and say the truth that I was using a fake ID, is there a possible chance to get the visa , or even if I say the truth it will be refused and what do you advice me please

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't think he knew that you used a fake id. Did the id have your real name on it?

He was probably just reading your body language. Is there any other way they could have told you were doing naughty things? Public photos on facebook? Report from your school?

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If he asked you in the interview, why didn't you just tell the truth then?

Sorry, damage is done. You can reapply but the fact you weren't straight with them will be an issue

good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from US Embassy to Student Visa forum for more answers ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

No, just my photo which is on my visa is the same on the id.

Please I need more help

Now you see what happens when you lie to a CO....your credibility is damaged....beyond repair....because now, the CO has NO reason to believe anything you say...he or she gave you 2 or 3 chances to tell the truth, but you chose to lie instead....and now...no more visas for you.

Now you see what happens when you lie to a CO....your credibility is damaged....beyond repair....because now, the CO has NO reason to believe anything you say...he or she gave you 2 or 3 chances to tell the truth, but you chose to lie instead....and now...no more visas for you.

Your actual transgression, from what you posted, was relatively mild (NOT a crime involving moral turpitude by any means)...but...when challenged to tell the truth, you decided to be clever and try to outwit the CO...bad choice...apparently you did this more than once, an even worse decision. More than likely your electronic file has markers in it that show you refused to tell the truth, and remained evasive throughout....which means your chances of successfully obtaining another visa within the next few years is remote at best...credibility is the most valuable asset an applicant can possess...once damaged, it is nearly impossible to get it back soon...apologies, letters from friends, or a school, etc, cannot overcome the simple fact that you chose to lie on more than one occasion...no matter what some other third party writes about you, your own actions have done you in...the COs will no longer care why you want to go to the US, or why you may want to complete your education there....they only see somebody who has been less than forthright with them, and they don't like that one bit....they hear 150 stories everyday..and have to try to sort out who is telling the truth and who isn't..you made it easy for them...and right now, they have no reason to believe a single word you may tell them in the future.

OMG your replies drive me crazy, so frustrating

What I'm going to say is I will try my best with them, if it does not work I beleive in God and I beleive that he wants the best for me ( may be USA is not the place where I should live or study ).

Also, please try to change your method of typing, I need an brief answer not a long story full with frustrating words :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why are you frustrated? Because we aren't telling you what you want to hear?

Why didn't you just tell the trush when asked in the interview?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

What I'm going to say is I will try my best with them, if it does not work I beleive in God and I beleive that he wants the best for me ( may be USA is not the place where I should live or study ).

Also, please try to change your method of typing, I need an brief answer not a long story full with frustrating words :)

If you really believe in God, then why did you lie? Is that something that this particular deity prefers his or her minions to do? You cannot have it both ways; you want to call upon some deity for your visa salvation, as if by saying that, everyone, including some CO, will fall for this transparent faith and reward your fibs with a visa, or, you prefer to do whatever you want, violate our laws any way you choose, lie to our consular officers, and then try to elicit support from others, while summoning up some deity in a bottle to rescue you...? really? Either said deity bestows a visa upon you in a puff of smoke, or ... said deity is tuned out....I suspect the latter.

And if all you want is for someone to tell you how 'unfair' the refusals were...well, I doubt you'll find too many sympathetic types responding to your self created tale of woe.

Edited by Noah Lot

If your deity of choice really wanted the best for you, then he/she might have intervened and prevented you from lying....but that didn't happen...which suggests that said deity was either busy or, for some odd reason, did not have your best interests in mind....so why would the same deity give a rat's behind now about where, when or if you complete your studies?

Too bad God doesn't give out visa. The US consulate does.

Next time, please be truthful in your replies to COs when applying for visas in whichever Country Consulate.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Look I made my way now, ( My God helped me ) I got every thing now very well and no need for your unrespected replies. You're trying to judge me thats how you write not a solution my main idea here is to hear your solution not to judge me ! Only God can judge me not you :)

What's there to judge?

You already admitted you forged an I.D., entered an establishment illegally, and lied to an immigration official.

You should probably think about studying in another country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Closed per OP Request ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.