I love my Canuck

What is going on with the Vermont Service Center?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am quite new to posting on the site, so again thanks for your long suffering! How do I move my post (if possible)? I began a new thread after reading through some search results and didn't even mind the thread home when I did so. Sorry again for causing confusion!

It's all A-Okay! Don't create a new thread, though. A mod will move this one if they think it should be moved. Thanks and welcome to the forum! Good lcuk (or blessings) on your Visa Journey! :thumbs:

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Will someone please send me a word of encouragement about the Vermont Service Center experience they've *recently* had? We only got our NOA1 in late November, and based on the USCIS trendline, VSC is 18 months PAST their 5-month national goal to process the paperwork! That's horrible! Our lives are on hold in so many ways during this time, and I just can't wrap my mind around how VSC went from being the fastest to the slowest processing center!

Does anyone have anything encouraging to offer? Insights into why this happened or if /when it might turn around for the VSC processing times?

Thanks!

Don't feel disheatened already. We had an NOA1 date of 7/3 and got ours on 12/27. Two days earlier than our estimated window even started. What made things easier for us was to just keep the estimated date of adjudication on our VJ timeline in mind. Yes it shifted nearly every other day due to approvals or lack thereof...but to know we could expect it around 12/29-1/5 was just a way to keep our focus and not freak out while waiting.

Hang in there and don't let other people's nightmares upset you. If you research you will find longer timelines are often relating to the beneficiary's country, further background checks needed etc. For the bulk of us..the kind of 'average joe types' the timelines are quite spot on. :):dance:

Mailed package: 6/28/12
NOA1 rec'd: 7/03/12
NOA2 rec'd:/ 12/27/12
Medical: 2/08/13
Interview:3/4/13 Approved!!!!
K1 Visa Arrives: 3/8/13

5/5/2013 MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD Filed 5/14/13

NOA1 5/16/13

Biometrics 6/19/13

Timeline

Will someone please send me a word of encouragement about the Vermont Service Center experience they've *recently* had? We only got our NOA1 in late November, and based on the USCIS trendline, VSC is 18 months PAST their 5-month national goal to process the paperwork! That's horrible! Our lives are on hold in so many ways during this time, and I just can't wrap my mind around how VSC went from being the fastest to the slowest processing center!

Does anyone have anything encouraging to offer? Insights into why this happened or if /when it might turn around for the VSC processing times?

Thanks!

Besides....chin up ...your timeline says "Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between January 28, 2013 and February 6, 2013*."

Not much longer now!!! I wouldn't even think about worrying unil after that window has completely passed you by. I am sure you will hear something beforehand :)

5/5/2013 MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD Filed 5/14/13

NOA1 5/16/13

Biometrics 6/19/13

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Besides....chin up ...your timeline says "Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between January 28, 2013 and February 6, 2013*."

Not much longer now!!! I wouldn't even think about worrying unil after that window has completely passed you by. I am sure you will hear something beforehand :)

Thanks for your kind words, DnA7!

As it turns out, I had the priority date entered incorrectly in our Timeline, and we should have heard by December 28.... which, I must confess, makes me worry again.... It's all so nerve wracking! It reminds me a bit of when I pass a speed trap on the highway. Even when I've not been speeding, I feel immediately very self-aware and worried.... and keep eyeing the mirror. I feel the same way with this whole process. We have no reason to think they wouldn't process us timely and easily, but you're left with that nagging "what-if" worry so often....

Very best to you and yours. Thanks again for being so kind.

Timeline

The entire process is exactly what you make it.....you have bad days and good days. TRY to have more good days! I would love to tell you that I didn't worry or freak out one or two days BUT the timeline is an estimate and the wait is just that, a wait. I found it REALLY comforting to read interviews with former USCIS adjudicators (just search for them they are on the forum). It gives you an idea of how the process can be X amount of days for one person and Y amount of days for another even if they have the exact same NOA1 date.

I actually took up embroidery and feng shui during the wait. hahaha :D

5/5/2013 MARRIED!!

AOS/EAD Filed 5/14/13

NOA1 5/16/13

Biometrics 6/19/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks!

http://www.visajourney.com/news/ please check this out and sign this petition, it can't hurt.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

• 5 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can anybody please shed light on the processing times at California Service Center? It looks very discouraging right now - it is stuck at Sep 3, 2011 for many months now and has moved by JUST 20 days to Sep 23, 2011 as of March 31, 2013 (posted by CSC on May 21, 2013). I am in F2A category living outside the US with LPR as a petitioner and Sep 2012 as PD. With some forums guessing that PDs may become current in the next one or two bulletins, I wonder when should we expect mail from NVC regarding the next step. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.