Loverules

Who is excited for the new waiver

50 posts in this topic

The waiver is for someone who has accumulated unlawful presence in the US. Previously this person would have had to go to their home country for the interview. They would be denied and have to file a waiver while waiting in their home country for it to be approved. This new policy allows the immigrant to apply for the waiver before they are denied. Meaning once they go to the interview they will be approved and not have to spend any more time out of the country.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

lol.. op took their picture off on the avatar..

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

You can't just stop reading

ooooo so make no sense for ppl that are legal to fill out the i-601a ? yes or no :blink:

Sept.12 2012- got Married to my best friend(Ms.Keyzz)

Nov.01 2012---- my wife went back home

Nov.08 2012---sent I-130

Nov.13 2012-- I-130 Case accepted and routed to U.SCIS National Benefits Center for processing

Nov.24 2012-Received R.F.E I-30

Nov.26 2012--Sent I-129f

Dec.24 2012--wife came back up for Christmas & new years

2013-01-04---I-130 approved

2013-02-04 ---send a letter to Cancel I-129f (can't remember date )& decided to file I-485

2013-04-15-sent I-485, I-130 approval hard copy and I-765 applications to lock box, Chicago, IL

2013-04-20- came back with a note stating the amount was wrong

2013-04-22- i-485 packet send to lock box, Chicago, IL ( the correct amount this time)

2013-04-25- email saying Case I-485 Case accepted

2013-04-29: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's hard copy in the mail and the Biometrics appointment letter

2013-05-21: Biometrics done & stamp on my I-797c

2013-05-31: check case on the USCIS web page & its said (your I-485 status is ready for Testing and Interview schedule ( NO EAD CARD)

2013-06-10-hard copy interview letter was mail( NO EAD CARD)

2013-06-12:case updated from testing & Interview schedule to Testing and Interview ( NO EAD CARD)

2013-06-15-Got hard copy A.O.S Interview letter in hand dancin5hr.gif( NO EAD CARD)

2013-07-10 - got a letter from NVC with a case number ( which we cancel from 04. feb. 2013)

2013-07-17- A.O.S approved on the spot ( less then 20 mins)

2013-07-18- Green Card was send out by usic

2013-07-22- Got OUR WELCOME LETTER TO AMERICA content.gifcontent.gifcontent.gifcontent.gifstar_smile.gif

2013-07-25- Green card in hand

2013-07-26-

Im not sure about this new form seems like its a new way of deporting people. Think about it. this form will allow illegal immigrants who are now in hiding to apply a parole. then they will go back to there respective contries then the government will make sure their papers will be at the bottom of the farthest office possible and it will take years to process. Thus sending them home legally without any political issues like being races and deporting certain nationality. Just an idea. But if it really works then great. Good bless to everyone :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by nook

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The waiver provisional is for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens who are not eligible to adjust status in the United States to become lawful permanent residents(entered in the USA without inspection) then after March 03 2013 they can submit form I-601 A,if they have a form I-130 approved, once approved the waiver they will attend the interview in their home Country.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

loverules I don't have to submit the waiver, but I am very happy that finally the waiver will be in effect on March 03,2013. Good luck.

"“Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”

(Frederick Buechner).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

lol.. op took their picture off on the avatar..

And changed name...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most people here have been jumping through all the legal hoops from the start so it will not effect them except maybe causing their petitions or applications to be delayed or processed slower due to the certain flood of waivers this will most likely generate. I can assure you though everyone over at immigrate2us.net is most likely jumping with joy at this time.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

I don't think many people at all here are excited for this waiver because it really makes no difference to the majority of us.

I'm not excited for the new waiver. On the contrary I worry it will slow down legal immigrants processing time since it will be overwhelming applications in March and USCIS will slow down everything. :bonk:

I don't think it will effect much. These people would have probably applied for the visa and waivers anyway. It just changes when in the timeline people apply.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Most people here have been jumping through all the legal hoops from the start so it will not effect them except maybe causing their petitions or applications to be delayed or processed slower due to the certain flood of waivers this will most likely generate. I can assure you though everyone over at immigrate2us.net is most likely jumping with joy at this time.

I hope this is not seriously enough to delay the processing of our I-130. We are going to submit ours soon and this doesn't seem like good news at all.

Making all the legal immigrants like my wife to wait while they process all the paperwork for all these illegal immigrants .... just seems wrong.

Edited by Apalis

I would certainly like to see the solid evidence that the new waiver cases are being processed ahead of legal immigration cases. Other than someone believing that waiver cases are getting approved before their own, where is the evidence of this?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

If you are a USC or GC holder and did it legal, you get delayed. All the illegal's and their processing should go to the back of the bus not the ones who did it correctly.

true true

ṲϟCЇϟ STAGE
2012 Sep 22 ::I-130 Sent
2012 Sep 24 :: NOA1
2012 Nov 26 :: NOA2

NVC STAGE
2012 Nov 30 :: LND case#/IIN received via phone;
2012 Dec 10 :: DS3032 sent
2012 Dec 14 :: Case# received via email
2012 Dec 15 :: AOSbill / IV bil INVOICED -delay the process due to personal reasons-

2013 Jan 15 :: AOS / IV Paid -delay the process due to personal reasons-

2013 May 2 :: NVC received IV / AOS Package

2013 May 17 :: Sent checklist via FedEx

2013 May 22 :: Received Checklist

2013 May 30 :: Case Complete

CONSULATE STAGE

2013 June 5 :: Interview Scheduled by NVC

2013 June 7 :: Received Instruction Page

2013 Jun 22 :: Medical Passed

2013 July 10 :: Interview Passed

2013 July 12 :: Visa on Hand

POE

2013 Aug 13 :: Houston, Texas

2013 Sep 1 :: Card Received

ROC

2015 July 4 :: Packet Sent (Missed to include Tax and Leases due to emergency purposes so RFE is expected)

2015 July 6 :: NOA 1 Receipt

2015 July 29 :: Biometrics Schedule but moved due to emergency reasons

2015 Oct 8 :: Returned to USA

2015 Oct 15 :: Biometrics Done

2016 Jan 21 :: RFE Received as expected

2016 Feb 25 :: RFE docs sent

2016 Feb 27 :: USCIS RFE docs delivered

2016 Mar 17 :: Card Production Ordered

2016 Mar 21 :: Snail Mail (Sent by USCIS on 3-18-16 / Approved)

2016 Mar 25 :: 10 yr GC Received

N400

2016 May 15 :: Application to be sent!

true true

Is is true? I asked for evidence showing that legal filers were delayed or pushed back because of this, and nobody bothered to reply. Is it really the case, or is it just someone frustrated whose case is taking longer than usual assuming that the system is favoring "illegals" over them? Always looking for someone to pin the blame on... we can't pin the blame on the inefficient government just letting our forms sit around, can we.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.