dramaqueen81

N-400 January 2013 Filers

1,095 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello, everyone!! Greetings from FL!!!

I have a question- what is the difference between An IRS tax return transcript and Tax return ( I am collecting documents and thought this is the same, but according to USCIS I am wrong ; )) ? I will submit my app next week. And I have turbotax copies of tax returns and I am not sure if this will be sufficient enough.

Greetings back from FL!!!

Most people keep a copy of their tax return before submitting it to the IRS. This constitutes a "Tax Return". A copy of a tax return can be modified after having submitted it to the IRS. So, an IRS transcript is a better document. Easy to get. You can call an automated number at the IRS (look on their website for the number) and the IRS will send you (no charge) the transcript for each year you request.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Folks! Could you tell me the checklist of application. I am planning to file end of this month. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Greetings back from FL!!!

Most people keep a copy of their tax return before submitting it to the IRS. This constitutes a "Tax Return". A copy of a tax return can be modified after having submitted it to the IRS. So, an IRS transcript is a better document. Easy to get. You can call an automated number at the IRS (look on their website for the number) and the IRS will send you (no charge) the transcript for each year you request.

You can also order them online, but I do NOT recommend this option. After nearly 3 weeks of waiting, I finally called the IRS and requested them by fax.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Dear January Filers,

It is that time again to submit more paperwork, and I am hoping this is the last time we have to deal withUSCIS. We will be submitting my husband’s paperwork for the naturalizationprocess at the end of this month, and I have a couple of questions:

1. I am the USC and we will include a copy of my birthcertificate in the packet. I am assumingwe don’t have to send in the original birth certificate. Am I right? Of course,we can submit the original document at the interview if necessary.

2. Is anyone sending in a Table of Content for the documentsbeing submitted? We did include a table of Contents for the ROC packet, but Iam not sure if we should have one this time or not. The teacher in me wants tomake sure everything is as organized as it can be, hence my questions. :)

Thank you for your help, and good luck to allof you! ~Hedi

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

On the USCIS website they say either Tax Return or Tax Transcript, so I think we will just do tax return for 3 years. We did this for ROC as well.

On the USCIS website they say either Tax Return or Tax Transcript, so I think we will just do tax return for 3 years. We did this for ROC as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

1. I am the USC and we will include a copy of my birthcertificate in the packet. I am assumingwe don’t have to send in the original birth certificate. Am I right? Of course,we can submit the original document at the interview if necessary.

Include just a copy

2. Is anyone sending in a Table of Content for the documentsbeing submitted? We did include a table of Contents for the ROC packet, but Iam not sure if we should have one this time or not. The teacher in me wants tomake sure everything is as organized as it can be, hence my questions. :)

Yes, I am sending one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. I am the USC and we will include a copy of my birthcertificate in the packet. I am assuming we don't have to send in the original birth certificate. Am I right? Of course,we can submit the original document at the interview if necessary.

Include just a copy

2. Is anyone sending in a Table of Content for the documentsbeing submitted? We did include a table of Contents for the ROC packet, but Iam not sure if we should have one this time or not. The teacher in me wants to make sure everything is as organized as it can be, hence my questions. :)

Yes, I am sending one.

Thank you for your response. :)

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just got back from the post office to drop off the N-400 package. It should be there by Monday. Can someone add me to the list? Mailed on 1/4/13 to Phoenix; local office San Jose, CA. Thanks! I know this is supposed to be the easiest part of the process, but it really stressed me out. I think because there were so many questions to answer and some not so clear since the filing is based on 3 years of marriage/residence and not 5. The forms aren't really tailored to that difference. Also, we had a big hassle getting the tax transcripts. I requested them online and waited 2 1/2 weeks without result, requested by phone but didn't want to wait any longer. Finally yesterday was able to get a live person on the phone (after 2 hours) and requested them by fax. It cost $18 at the copy store, but at least the package is in the mail today. Good luck everyone! Hope to see lots of familiar faces here! January seems to be our month. We filed AOS, ROC, and N-400 all in January.

Question for you and any other 3 yr rule, marriage based filers. Did you send just tax return transcripts or did you send in additional evidence of bonafide marriage for the last 3 years? I realize that the doc checklist is pretty clear in its wording but I also see that people are asked for more evidence of bonafide marriage at the interview on many occasions. So, I was wondering if I can head off those early by including more marriage evidence in the initial packet. Or maybe it doesn't really matter if you send more than they ask for in the initial packet... lol my writing reflects my confusion :bonk:

Timeline

Question for you and any other 3 yr rule, marriage based filers. Did you send just tax return transcripts or did you send in additional evidence of bonafide marriage for the last 3 years? I realize that the doc checklist is pretty clear in its wording but I also see that people are asked for more evidence of bonafide marriage at the interview on many occasions. So, I was wondering if I can head off those early by including more marriage evidence in the initial packet. Or maybe it doesn't really matter if you send more than they ask for in the initial packet... lol my writing reflects my confusion :bonk:

I really struggled with this, but in the end, I decided that less is better at this point. After all, the tax transcripts clearly show co-mingling of assets and ours, at least, show that we have been living at the same address since getting married. I included a note in the cover letter that pointed out our status as married filing jointly. I anticipate that they may ask for additional evidence at the interview and plan to have bank statements, rental agreement, DL copies, etc. on hand just in case. It sounds like most people are never asked for additional evidence. We provided a ton of evidence in the initial ROC packet and still got called for an interview (after having one at AOS where we provided a lot of evidence as well). I have been told that tax transcripts are the best evidence anyway, so hopefully there won't be any problems along the way. Someone pointed out in another thread that sending in more than they ask for just means that you aren't capable of reading the instructions in English. Not sure I agree with that, but I decided to feel confident that I had done exactly what they asked for and can dispute that with them later if I have to. Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Long time VJ stalker...finally posting :)

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.

3. Click "Reply" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.

4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.

5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size [2]

6. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

**For more detailed instructions with screen-shots "CLICK HERE"**

=================================

N-400: January 2013 Applicants

=================================

======================================

USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

======================================

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice

dramaqueen81........|01/02/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

ATLboie.............|01/06/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA

================================

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

================================

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice

babyandtran.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|City, CA

===========================================================================

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

===========================================================================

Example.............|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|City, ST

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

We are getting all the final stuff together now (photos) to file... Hardest part is that hubby travels outside the us almost every other week for a few days... The outside the USA part is 78 trips! Aauuggh... But we should be all ready to roll in the next day... Time to start another journey!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Christeen, I see that you just opened a topic under the same description. Any reason?

If not, let's keep everybody in one group, makes it easier!

Thanks!

Oops... For some reason thought I hit for new post, not topic... Sorry, I will delete

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Oops... For some reason thought I hit for new post, not topic... Sorry, I will delete

Can someone add my info. again. It got deleted when the list was reformatted a couple of posts ago. Filed at Phoenix on 1/4/13. Local office San Jose CA. Thanks! Anyone received an email or text notification for noa1 yet?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.