dramaqueen81

N-400 January 2013 Filers

1,095 posts in this topic

Hello fellow N-400 January 2013 Filers! I'm sure I'm not alone out there.

My N-400 package was submitted on 01/02/2012 to Dallas, TX. Local office: New York, NY.

If someone is familiar with adding and editing timelines, please feel free! :help:

Thank you!

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.

3. Click "Reply" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.

4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.

5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size [2]

6. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

**For more detailed instructions with screen-shots "CLICK HERE"**

=================================

N-400: January 2013 Applicants

======================================

USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice

Example.............|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|City, ST

================================

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice

Example.............|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|City, ST

===========================================================================

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

Edited by coco2012

THANK YOU! I think we got it:

dramaqueen81........|01/02/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys!

I just submitted mine today to the Arizona lock box using Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I am in CA. I am glad we have this forum so we can discuss things and help each other out throughout this whole process :)

I forgot to include the G-1145 form to get email notification of acceptance though. I hope that's ok. Did you guys fill out that form for yours?

Updating babyandtran filing date!

dramaqueen81........|01/02/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

babyandtran.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|City, CA

Adding waiting400n to the list!

babyandtran.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|From CA

waiting400n.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got back from the post office to drop off the N-400 package. It should be there by Monday. Can someone add me to the list? Mailed on 1/4/13 to Phoenix; local office San Jose, CA. Thanks! I know this is supposed to be the easiest part of the process, but it really stressed me out. I think because there were so many questions to answer and some not so clear since the filing is based on 3 years of marriage/residence and not 5. The forms aren't really tailored to that difference. Also, we had a big hassle getting the tax transcripts. I requested them online and waited 2 1/2 weeks without result, requested by phone but didn't want to wait any longer. Finally yesterday was able to get a live person on the phone (after 2 hours) and requested them by fax. It cost $18 at the copy store, but at least the package is in the mail today. Good luck everyone! Hope to see lots of familiar faces here! January seems to be our month. We filed AOS, ROC, and N-400 all in January.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just got back from the post office to drop off the N-400 package. It should be there by Monday. Can someone add me to the list? Mailed on 1/4/13 to Phoenix; local office San Jose, CA. Thanks! I know this is supposed to be the easiest part of the process, but it really stressed me out. I think because there were so many questions to answer and some not so clear since the filing is based on 3 years of marriage/residence and not 5. The forms aren't really tailored to that difference. Also, we had a big hassle getting the tax transcripts. I requested them online and waited 2 1/2 weeks without result, requested by phone but didn't want to wait any longer. Finally yesterday was able to get a live person on the phone (after 2 hours) and requested them by fax. It cost $18 at the copy store, but at least the package is in the mail today. Good luck everyone! Hope to see lots of familiar faces here! January seems to be our month. We filed AOS, ROC, and N-400 all in January.

Hi Menina! We are having the same issue answering all the "how many days out of the last 5 years" questions ask we don't see how they match for an application based on 3 years of marriage/residence. We still counted how many days he wasn't here until he first arrived. Hopefully they will figure out that because we said he hadn't been on a trip out of the country, that those days will be from before he arrived. Getting Kyle to have his pictures taken is like pulling hen's teeth. haha. I told him I would use the extras we had from the I-485 and he quickly said he would take of the pictures today while on break from work.

Hopefully I'll be joining this list within a week!

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I read a lot if posts about that issue and finally decided to take the advice of one member and just crossed out the 5 and replaced it with a 3. An IO told another member to only count trips after becoming an Lpr. Good luck!

event.png

Adding menina to the list!

babyandtran.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|From CA

waiting400n.........|01/03/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA

menina..............|01/04/13.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Jose, CA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello, everyone!! Greetings from FL!!!

I have a question- what is the difference between An IRS tax return transcript and Tax return ( I am collecting documents and thought this is the same, but according to USCIS I am wrong ; )) ? I will submit my app next week. And I have turbotax copies of tax returns and I am not sure if this will be sufficient enough.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello, everyone!! Greetings from FL!!!

I have a question- what is the difference between An IRS tax return transcript and Tax return ( I am collecting documents and thought this is the same, but according to USCIS I am wrong ; )) ? I will submit my app next week. And I have turbotax copies of tax returns and I am not sure if this will be sufficient enough.

Think of it this way: tax return = purchase order (forms that you submit to IRS) and tax transcript = receipt (showing IRS has accepted your tax return submittion and you truly did file tax with IRS).

That's why USCIS always prefer to have tax transcript over tax return because anyone can create a tax return doesn't mean they submit it or it's correct. But the transcript is printed directly from IRS in a different format than tax return (you'll see when you order it, although the final number is the same, the format of the form is entirely different) and it's basically a proof to show both: a) you have filed taxes b) you and your spouse are still together.

Hence there's a OR between a) b) c) in the items they ask for. If you have your tax transcript, you don't need to submit leases or morgage or bank statements. I heard you can just bring those extra documents to the interview just in case they ask.

To obtain a transcript, you can order online, via phone or in person at your local IRS office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.