Cmptrsdeal

2nd Chances For A FIlipina

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, here is what is listed in the I-129F instructions. As far as the instructions go, it's not 2 petitions in 2 years. It's 2 petitions lifetime, 1 in the last 2 years. I don't know if the OP requires a waiver, as I don't know how many lifetime and I don't know if the previous petition approval was within the last 2 years. Again as far as the instructions go, it's not if they had two in the previous 2 years.

"If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in th past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver."

Gash darnit, if only we read the first page of the instructions, we could've avoided all the drama and misinformation.

That should always be the first answer, the question, "Did you read the instructions?"!

Please dont no one jump on me, just an innocent question, why is so many men going there to find wives and not the other way around

I happen to see that here alot and wonder....just curious.The way OP puts it as if now he has to go back there as he wont find anyone elsewhere.

I can't speak for others, but for me it was accidental. On the other hand, after I met Jena online I read a lot of success stories about phil/am couples which led me to pursue the relationship. It's been the best decision of my life.

I will also say, I've told single friends of mine to join an overseas dating site and when they did, they were approached by literally hundreds of women from the Philippines.

I've had men stop me in the supermarket and ask how we met. Others have seen the special relationship we have and have been envious. I suppose that might make them want to attempt the same thing.

I'm sure all the adds online contribute also.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Please relax - He is attracted to filipinas - there is nothing wrong with preferring one ethnicity over another in matters of the heart. Most men and women have a preference of hair color, skin color and tone, body type, language, religion, culture, personality, etc. - That is what makes the world go around. You had better hope that your fiancee or husband prefers your type, specifically you... I think we should all make allowances for the rest of the human race to pursue love in a manner which best fits them.

I am sure Finnish women are incredible in their beauty, wit and charm and I am quite certain your intended is glad he found you. Nobody can judge how you two got together, it isn't their place to even share an opinion other than to say cheers to you.

Cheers! Stephen

Thanks Stephen, I am relaxed. I never suggested there's something wrong with pursuing whatever skin tone, hair color or body type we're naturally and instinctively attracted to. Everyone should follow their innate urges, it's only natural. But shopping for a particular nationality is something quite different. It goes beyond just looks and is dangerous because it's entirely artificial. Where did you ever hear that stereotyping was good? It denies your individuality when you're put in a box and labeled before they even get to know you. Who knows, maybe that was even one of the problems in OP's first marriage, she realized he wasn't in love with her, but with the idea he had of her in his mind? We can't possibly know.

And by the way, your comment about Finnish women goes in the same category. Please refrain from stereotyping- I don't speak for Finnish women, neither should you.

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"be able to petition another filipina"? "go back to the Philippines to see if you can find something (not someone?) more worth your time"? Sir, you sound like its a shopping trip. But to answer your question I think you should ask in the forum that is specific to that region. And btw you are petitioning the uscis, not the woman.

I agree with 'TJandJR , it's like going to Philippines for shopping, specially the words "meet them"!!

It's a big question why the first marriage won't last even for 1 year innocent.gifinnocent.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Guys, here is what is listed in the I-129F instructions. As far as the instructions go, it's not 2 petitions in 2 years. It's 2 petitions lifetime, 1 in the last 2 years. I don't know if the OP requires a waiver, as I don't know how many lifetime and I don't know if the previous petition approval was within the last 2 years. Again as far as the instructions go, it's not if they had two in the previous 2 years.

"If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any time in th past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver. To request a waiver you must submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver."

Thanks for the clarification - I was using my somewhat spotty memory, alas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You referred to the warning signs that you chose to ignore. I was in a similar boat with the same result, but if I may, let me be very candid with you about what I have learned. I decided to divorce after 5 years of marriage because our marriage seemed to be getting in the way of her dates. Marriage has a way of making dating others more difficult I suppose. After the divorce, I decided not to date, not move forward, until I could look myself in the eyes and honestly say I had healed and was capable of being a great husband to a woman.
This part of the issue has been greatly overlooked throughout this multipage thread. A guy who is damaged, raw, hurting, or otherwise "on the rebound" will be more of a danger to a relationship than an asset to it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.