7 posts in this topic

Filed: P-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Dear Fellows,

What documents do I need to present to Officer there at the instant of Point of Entry there in the United States, as I am going to US for the first time on K1 Visa. Kindly guide me in this regard !

Adjustment of Status from K1 Visa.

02/08/2013: AOS Package Mailed (Day 0)
02/11/2013: AOS Package Received (Day 3)
02/15/2013: Received NOA texts/emails (Day 7)
02/18/2013: Received NOA by mail (Day 10)
02/20/2013: Received Biometric Appointment letter (Day 12)
03/15/2013: Completed Biometrics (Day 36)
03/21/2013: Status Updated to Testing and Interview (Day 42)
04/01/2013: Received an Email as notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".
04/02/2013: Received the hard copy of notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".

05/08/2013: Interview done, Approved "Alham'Dullilah".

05/08/2013: Email notification for card production and approval of Green Card.

05/13/2013: Received Welcome to USA letter in mail.

05/16/2013: Green Card Received.

04/11/2013: EAD's status changed to "Card Production" notified via an e-mail.
04/11/2013: AP's status changed to Post Decision Activity (Approved) notified via an e-mail.
04/16/2013: Second email notification regarding the production of EAD Card.
04/18/2013: EAD has been mailed to my address. Notified via an e-mail.
04/18/2013: Tracking number for the shipment including EAD received via an e-mail.
04/20/2013: Received EAD Combo Card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the sealed envelope from the consulate and your passport. And it isn't instant, trust me, they will ask you questions at port of entry.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: P-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

the sealed envelope from the consulate and your passport. And it isn't instant, trust me, they will ask you questions at port of entry.

What sort of Questions ? Any idea ?

Adjustment of Status from K1 Visa.

02/08/2013: AOS Package Mailed (Day 0)
02/11/2013: AOS Package Received (Day 3)
02/15/2013: Received NOA texts/emails (Day 7)
02/18/2013: Received NOA by mail (Day 10)
02/20/2013: Received Biometric Appointment letter (Day 12)
03/15/2013: Completed Biometrics (Day 36)
03/21/2013: Status Updated to Testing and Interview (Day 42)
04/01/2013: Received an Email as notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".
04/02/2013: Received the hard copy of notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".

05/08/2013: Interview done, Approved "Alham'Dullilah".

05/08/2013: Email notification for card production and approval of Green Card.

05/13/2013: Received Welcome to USA letter in mail.

05/16/2013: Green Card Received.

04/11/2013: EAD's status changed to "Card Production" notified via an e-mail.
04/11/2013: AP's status changed to Post Decision Activity (Approved) notified via an e-mail.
04/16/2013: Second email notification regarding the production of EAD Card.
04/18/2013: EAD has been mailed to my address. Notified via an e-mail.
04/18/2013: Tracking number for the shipment including EAD received via an e-mail.
04/20/2013: Received EAD Combo Card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What sort of Questions ? Any idea ?

They may or may not. If they do, then it would be related to your case. Just be " AS IT IS ".

For my POE, he asked no question. He just asked me to sign, then said - I am good to go! It just took less than 5 min for immigration check, but waiting in visitor line took 20 min.

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

Dear Fellows,

What documents do I need to present to Officer there at the instant of Point of Entry there in the United States, as I am going to US for the first time on K1 Visa. Kindly guide me in this regard !

Do not forget to take a pen or pencil on the airplane so you can fill out the I-94 form and the Customs Declaration form. Flight attendants get a bit upset at having to give out writting devices to international travels who know they need to complete forms while traveling.

Some of the questions can be in the form of idle chit-chat and others more case specific. Relax and go with the flow. I was asked one time why in the world would I visit Kazakhstan? (The specific question was "What the hell were you doing in Kazakhstan?") To which I replied, "to save my marriage by visitng my MIL":lol:

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to US :dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My husband was asked (sarcastically) if he spoke Spanish by someone who clearly could not at customs. I was unsure why the questioner didn't just SHOW him the questions that he was butchering.

It irritates me that the first experience he had in the US was someone being a jerk to him for being an immigrant. GGGGGgrrrrrrrr.........

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.