chikings

Need your insight and expertise

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings,

Well I'm finally posting in this group. For those that don't know my story after finishing a 200 day journey of K-1 visa, it was sent back to the NVC (only expire and be lost forever) for "lack of bona fide evidence..IN other words Bull====!!!!. Anyway we regrouped quickly, got married in Nov.. Hurray us!! , because we didn't want our plans to be totally ruined,our orginal Wedding date was set for Dec. in the USA. So now I am finishing our new file and I have some questions... It asks two questions. Has your relative ever been under any immigration proceedings? (Would that incude his K -1 interview? and if soo what is my answer because the choices are Removal, deportation/excusion,recission, and judicial proceedings) then it asks have I ever filed a petion for this relative before, I checked yes because of the K-1 visa, that is correct right???

Finally, unlike the k-1 visa it doesn't have a space for "tell us how you meet". Many have told me to write a cover letter introducing my husband and I,and give a time line of our relationship. I have ask some should I include the K-1 process,if so how much detail, if not what do I say exactly??? Thanks for the help, and good to be back. :wacko:

Peace,

Chi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings,

Well I'm finally posting in this group. For those that don't know my story after finishing a 200 day journey of K-1 visa, it was sent back to the NVC (only to expire and be lost forever) for "lack of bona fide evidence..IN other words Bull====!!!!. Anyway we regrouped quickly, got married in Nov.. Hurray us!! , because we didn't want our plans to be totally ruined,our orginal Wedding date was set for Dec. in the USA. So now I am finishing our new file and I have some questions... It asks two questions. Has your relative ever been under any immigration proceedings? (Would that incude his K -1 interview? and if soo what is my answer because the choices are Removal, deportation/excusion,recission, and judicial proceedings) then it asks have I ever filed a petion for this relative before, I checked yes because of the K-1 visa, that is correct right???

Finally, unlike the k-1 visa it doesn't have a space for "tell us how you meet". Many have told me to write a cover letter introducing my husband and I,and give a time line of our relationship. I have ask some should I include the K-1 process,if so how much detail, if not what do I say exactly??? Thanks for the help, and good to be back. :wacko:

Peace,

Chi

Greetings,

Well I'm finally posting in this group. For those that don't know my story after finishing a 200 day journey of K-1 visa, it was sent back to the NVC (only to expire and be lost forever) for "lack of bona fide evidence..IN other words Bull====!!!!. Anyway we regrouped quickly, got married in Nov.. Hurray us!! , because we didn't want our plans to be totally ruined,our orginal Wedding date was set for Dec. in the USA. So now I am finishing our new file and I have some questions... It asks two questions. Has your relative ever been under any immigration proceedings? (Would that incude his K -1 interview? and if soo what is my answer because the choices are Removal, deportation/excusion,recission, and judicial proceedings) then it asks have I ever filed a petion for this relative before, I checked yes because of the K-1 visa, that is correct right???

Peace,

Chi

Don't check yes! If he has never been deported or anything like that then this does not apply.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would include a recap or background letter and extra questions due to your history with USCIS. Look for someone similar your situation and read their experiences.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Greetings,

Peace,

Chi

By "immigration proceedings" I think you mean removal proceedings. If he's never been subjected to any of those things then it's a no. There will be some later forms I believe where he will have to disclose the K-1 denial, if it's not on the initial petition forms you fill out. Cover letter is a good idea. As to the level of detail I am not sure and don't want to lead you astray. That's the sort of thing I would throw down a little money and consult with an AILA-attorney about. But maybe there are others here with personal experience that could share. Best of luck to you!

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings,

Well I'm finally posting in this group. For those that don't know my story after finishing a 200 day journey of K-1 visa, it was sent back to the NVC (only expire and be lost forever) for "lack of bona fide evidence..IN other words Bull====!!!!. Anyway we regrouped quickly, got married in Nov.. Hurray us!! , because we didn't want our plans to be totally ruined,our orginal Wedding date was set for Dec. in the USA. So now I am finishing our new file and I have some questions... It asks two questions. Has your relative ever been under any immigration proceedings? (Would that incude his K -1 interview? and if soo what is my answer because the choices are Removal, deportation/excusion,recission, and judicial proceedings) then it asks have I ever filed a petion for this relative before, I checked yes because of the K-1 visa, that is correct right???

Peace,

Chi

B1 would not be included they are asking the petitioner if YOU have ever filed for this immigrant. B1 is not a petition and its not something you file. The immigrant files on their own behalf. You have not been under immigration proceedings but you have filed a non-immigrant petition (I-129F) so that is YES.

An interview is not immigration proceeding as you see the list (Removal, deportation/excursion,rescission, and judicial proceedings))of what they are talking about so that's NO. So unless you have ever been under any of these proceedings the answer is NO.

Nothing wrong with writing a relationship guideline. That would help summarize from K1 to now your journey. For Lagos I would say its a must.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The question about proceedings is looking to see if you might need a waiver for being deported/barred from the US. A failed interview is not proceedings. They don't ask about meeting because married people will usually have married in person. They assume the marriage is consumated if you have been physically together after the wedding ( something proxy marriage people have to deal with ) You can combine your timeline with your photos. ( Such as first visit to Nigeria we spent the day at XXX ( see photo 1 ) )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

B1 would not be included they are asking the petitioner if YOU have ever filed for this immigrant. B1 is not a petition and its not something you file. The immigrant files on their own behalf. You have not been under immigration proceedings but you have filed a non-immigrant petition (I-129F) so that is YES.

An interview is not immigration proceeding as you see the list (Removal, deportation/excursion,rescission, and judicial proceedings))of what they are talking about so that's NO. So unless you have ever been under any of these proceedings the answer is NO.

Nothing wrong with writing a relationship guideline. That would help summarize from K1 to now your journey. For Lagos I would say its a must.

Also Chikings talk with DebbyNSeyi I used their timeline. They also went through same situation like you and it really helps to bring out key points of fact.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In many high-fraud countries people do an EOR, evolution of relationship, summary. I think it would be a very good idea in the case and you can outline how you met, the trips you have taken, when you decided to get married and when you actually did.

A picture with each timeline event is a great idea like NigeriaorBust suggested!

Good luck this time around.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.