Ban Hammer

Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On Tuesday night 22-year-old Nick Meli went to the Clackamas Town Center mall with his friend Casey and Casey's baby daughter. They were walking through the mall when a masked man, now known to be Jacob Tyler Roberts, opened fire.

Nick's reaction? "I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?'". Nick told Casey to get down with the baby and positioned himself behind a pillar in the mall. Oh yeah, Nick is a licensed concealed carrier in Oregon.

When Nick looked around the pillar he drew his concealed handgun. When the shooting suddenly stopped, what we now know was Roberts weapon jamming Nick saw him trying to clear the malfunction, "He was working on his rifle, he kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side", Nick told reporters.

Roberts and Nick clearly saw each other and as Nick lined up the shot, he knew there was a problem, "As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the (shooter) move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them".

Unable to safely take the shot without risking innocents (Colonel Jeff Cooper's Firearms Rule #4 for those counting), Nick took cover inside a store. He stands by his choice not to pull the trigger, saying "I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him, I know after he saw me I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself".

That's right... even though Nick never fired a shot, Roberts knew that he was no longer the only armed man in the mall. Roberts retreated into the stairwell, cleared his weapons malfunction and committed suicide rather than continue attacking and killing any more innocent civilians.

There is a famous saying that the only thing that can stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. On Tuesday night, Nick Meli was that good man with a gun. Even without the shot being fired, he managed to change Jacob Roberts plan and help to save lives.

Let me just say thank you Nick.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The LWN media and anti gun nuts hate these kind of stories hence the reason it hasn't went mainstream on such sites as MSNBC.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The LWN media and anti gun nuts hate these kind of stories hence the reason it hasn't went mainstream on such sites as MSNBC.

No, I hate these kinds of stories that are purely speculation and emotion and no facts.

You think the shooter didn't think that someone in the mall might have a gun? He clearly was ready to take his chances. His gun jammed, he hid in a stairwell, and killed himself. Nobody knows what his reasoning was. We can guess, but he's dead, so we don't know.

If you want to spin that into a pro-gun story, good for you. But don't expect everyone else to swallow it so happily without realizing there's no way to verify any of it.

What's a mainstream news site supposed to report? There's no facts to report other than a guy with a gun says the shooter saw him.

Edited by Evylin

Easy Bake Gun Club?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I call B.S. Sorry Charlie!

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/183609901.html :whistle:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I believe that's what this man says happens. But, there's no way to know what actually happened or what actually stopped the shooter. But the pro-gun crowd (not that I'm anti-gun) wants to take credit for this. So oh well. Who cares about proof or facts when they like the story?

Guns aren't responsible for mass shootings, but get hero credit when not used?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Guns aren't responsible for mass shootings, but get hero credit when not used?

I didn't see anything about giving hero credit to anyone. I saw an article where the licensed gun owner decided not to shoot because he had people behind the shooter which is the right decision, and the shooter shot himself after he cleared his weapon in the stairwell. It was the gun owners opinion that the shooter decided not to take anymore innocents after seeing that he had been made by a person with a gun. It's only the gun owners opinion for people to make out of it as they will. I don't have any opinion on why the shooter killed himself seeing how I don't know what he was thinking at the time. It's all speculation.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

All speculation and yet you're confused as to why mainstream news didn't cover it..

Good point. The media never speculates, mainstream or otherwise.

:wacko:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

All speculation and yet you're confused as to why mainstream news didn't cover it..

Well jeez let's think about this. A guy goes nuts in a suburban mall and takes out two holiday shoppers and it makes everyone's news. Now usually a side piece or what is called a "follow up" to said story would include an armed citizen confronting the perp. Witnesses saw the licensed gun owner with his piece drawn yet it's not on sites like MSNBC.

Now seeing how we are going to read what the Connecticut shooter had for breakfast before he went whacko or if he took a dump right before he entered the school anyone who knows anything about journalism knows something like that gun owner drawing his weapon would make the follow up story...that is if there wasn't an agenda behind it and MSNBC and a few others have agenda's.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Naw, they only edit 911 tapes and plaster photo chopped pics all over the net. :hehe:

sigbet.jpg

I never said that. They shouldn't.

The clusterf*ck that was yesterday proved that. They were speculating and naming the shooter before they had any idea.