amerikano_abroad

How did you filipina wife change after you married her and took her to your home country?

52 posts in this topic

How did your filipina wife change after you married her and took her to your home country?

How did the relationship change in a good or bad way? Did she act the same as when you meet her or did she change and the relationship became unpleasant.

How long did your marriage last?

Edited by amerikano_abroad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Off Topic to Philippines subforum -- very country-specific topic. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It sounds like your having some doubts with your woman. Just a piece of advice, you can answer all of that if you really know her not with her name but by who she really is ^_^

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

How did your filipina wife change after you married her and took her to your home country?

How did the relationship change in a good or bad way? Did she act the same as when you meet her or did she change and the relationship became unpleasant.

How long did your marriage last?

Jena and I have been married for over 5 years now. How did she change after coming to the USA? Well, I'd say she's not quite as shy as she was when I met her and of course she's more mature.

Obviously it depends on the individual. What is your wife/fiances circumstances now? Does she live on her own or with her parents? This is just my opinion and I'm sure it's not shared by all but, during the visa process I helped Jena get her own place for a few months so she could get used to being independent before she moved here. I think it was less of a shock to her when she came to the US. When I had to go back to work she was used to being by herself.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Well, we've only been married for just over a year but there have been numerous changes...

First, she now cooks more American food than she once did. For instance, last night we had fried chicken with corn and mashed potatoes with gravy. When she first got here, I would have never had anything like that. There definitely would have been rice on the menu.

Second, she now watches more American TV instead of searching for Filipino shows on the computer. She loves watching old episodes of Friends. I never liked that show and I can't get her to really get into Seinfeld. This could be a real issue.

Also, she's putting on weight. We're going to have to go shopping for clothes. She's probably up to a size 2. I'm not complaining because, with her cooking more American food, I'm really turning into a fat pig.

And, since she's been here, she's gotten into American sports. She is now a HUGE San Antonio Spurs fan. She also watches football with me. Too bad the Longhorns and Cowboys are both having mediocre years.

So, she has definitely changed since she's been here. To be honest, I don't know how a person could move to a country around the world and not change. But all of the changes are really just learning to live in a new country. On the inside she is still the same person I fell in love with.

Maybe you can share more about your situation.

We are several months away from 3 years of marriage. Of course there's adjustment changes leaving her culture and family. There's the initial stages of being homesick everyone goes through. My wife was very close to her family with all her life before revolving around family. She talks to them every day still and goes to visit about every year.

Changes in our relationship not much has changed. We love each other more than ever and are hoping to have kids soon. Her attitude hasn't changed.

Small things that changed, she gained some weight and of course some of her interests change being in the US. Like american food, etc and enjoying culture in the US.

Overall we have a happy marriage and are looking forward to growing old together and starting our family soon.

Maybe you can share more about your situation and the reason you are asking these questions ?

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been married 3 weeks today and we are having a blast. So far no surprises. And she is starting to cook American meals. She watches me and do the things I do. And no TAMPO episodes as yet... a good thing right? :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Found this troll poem. Very applicable :devil:

The troll waits, snickering, under the house.

He picks his nose and eats a mouse.

He sratches his butt and sniffs his fingers

(never shake hands with a troll. It lingers)

What dastardly deeds does he plot?

We remermber his methods, but forgot

that he could pretend to be someone who

is bright and writes like a goldurned noob.

So be careful when you leaver your house

don't forget to throw the troll a mouse;

and wipe your feet because now and then

you'll find troll droppings are geting 'tracked' in...

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

of course she's more mature.

Yeah, mine too. A great mom.

Like B_J - mine is now in love with this really fat guy, and he's five years older than I was when I met her. It's obscene, I tell ya.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have been married 3 weeks today and we are having a blast. So far no surprises. And she is starting to cook American meals. She watches me and do the things I do. And no TAMPO episodes as yet... a good thing right? :devil:

Well, that's encouraging.

Yay, Mr. Smiley !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Even though this RP may be a Troll for reasons that Hank pointed out, I think this is still a cool topic. I hope it DOES NOT get heated because it's nice reading everybody's story. Call me sentimental but I REALLY miss my fiancee and it's so nice to think about all these comments matching our story someday, hopefully sooner then later.

Thanks for the great stories!

:thumbs:

One posting, no profile, no timeline, no additional comments..... and a topic that could turn heated.... hmmm.

Honestly trolling or baiting is not my intention, I found this site from another Philippine related forum. I figured this would be a good place to ask compared to the other forum because this forum is more marriage orientated.

I am a new member to this board however I didn't think it was a sensitive question and felt that it would give me and others insight as if I should consider getting married or not. I am just being a bit proactive and trying to judge from others experiences who have been down the road before me. I have always found you can learn alot this way and avoid many potential problems simply by asking the right questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.