AlexBa

INTENT TO DENY LETTER

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My heart sank to my toes when the USCIS officer told me that an "Intent to Deny" letter was in the mail to us. I just cried and cried and called my husband. It has been so hard for us to be apart this long and now with this letter looming is really, really hard. Both my husband and I looked over the I-130 that I had submitted and found nothing missing. So now we wait to see what they have to say. I've not relocated to Nigeria because it was not our intent when we started this whole immigration journey. It was for my husband to be here with me in the States. That way if my elderly mom and stepdad needed us we move to where they are we could do it with no problems. Not so easy to help mom if we are in Nigeria. Sorry all, just very frustrated with this whole process. My hubby is ready to give up all to move here to the US so I guess it is my turn to show that I am willing to forego all to be with him. We had pretty much worked out what we were going to do for the short term. Now there is much so more to consider as it may require a longer period of time for me in Nigeria. The down side is that we will probably have to give up our apartment here, sell the car, and my job will not be here when I return. But I guess you do what you have to do to be with the one you love. Eventually we will be here together in the States. If not I will stay in Nigeria with him.

What do they mean by INTENT TO DENY? did someone sent it against both of you? or they are denying your petition? please make this clear.

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

wow really scary i think what you have to do is wait till you get it then you can decide to go be with him later and then while you with him you try to go through this same process again there is always a second chance dont ever give up on love good luck i do know thatr there are so many people that knows better than me on this journey here so wait someone will comment something useful to you

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Do not worry yet! They seem to be sending out a lot of Notice of Intent to Deny lately. Some of the recent filers got them for not providing beneficiary's birth certificate (which is not even a required document for the I-130).

Wait and see what it says and comply with it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Do not worry yet! They seem to be sending out a lot of Notice of Intent to Deny lately. Some of the recent filers got them for not providing beneficiary's birth certificate (which is not even a required document for the I-130).

Wait and see what it says and comply with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say don't fret yet, as this 'thing' fits a recent pattern,

where

a local office is trying to adjudicate your casefile

and

they not issue RFEs

but instead

a local office issues a NOID

and

you have 30 days (so far, from the other postings about this)

to submit what they will ask for.

so. wait for the postal letter.

Then read the postal letter .

and if you get a moment, do scan it in, redact personal stuff, and post it here in this topic?

---

otoh, you are not at a local office, right? the above was from local office stuff, where the casefile went from MSC to a local office, noa-1 date after 8-15-2012 (ie - not yours...)

ps - is your timeline accurate on dates?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I say don't fret yet, as this 'thing' fits a recent pattern,

where

a local office is trying to adjudicate your casefile

and

they not issue RFEs

but instead

a local office issues a NOID

and

you have 30 days (so far, from the other postings about this)

to submit what they will ask for.

so. wait for the postal letter.

Then read the postal letter .

and if you get a moment, do scan it in, redact personal stuff, and post it here in this topic?

My heart sank to my toes when the USCIS officer told me that an "Intent to Deny" letter was in the mail to us. I just cried and cried and called my husband. It has been so hard for us to be apart this long and now with this letter looming is really, really hard. Both my husband and I looked over the I-130 that I had submitted and found nothing missing. So now we wait to see what they have to say. I've not relocated to Nigeria because it was not our intent when we started this whole immigration journey. It was for my husband to be here with me in the States. That way if my elderly mom and stepdad needed us we move to where they are we could do it with no problems. Not so easy to help mom if we are in Nigeria. Sorry all, just very frustrated with this whole process. My hubby is ready to give up all to move here to the US so I guess it is my turn to show that I am willing to forego all to be with him. We had pretty much worked out what we were going to do for the short term. Now there is much so more to consider as it may require a longer period of time for me in Nigeria. The down side is that we will probably have to give up our apartment here, sell the car, and my job will not be here when I return. But I guess you do what you have to do to be with the one you love. Eventually we will be here together in the States. If not I will stay in Nigeria with him.

We also got a Notice of Intent to Deny from a field office. All that was "missing" was my (beneficiary) Birth Certificate. We had 30 days to send it in. Rather than make a fuss because it's not supposed to be required at this point we just got it sent.

Yours could also be something this simple.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Thanks Darnell I will scan once it comes in the mail. I will be bald by the time this journey is over from pulling my hair out in frustration!

We also got a Notice of Intent to Deny from a field office. All that was "missing" was my (beneficiary) Birth Certificate. We had 30 days to send it in. Rather than make a fuss because it's not supposed to be required at this point we just got it sent.

Good Luck!

God I hope so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good Luck!

Why are they asking for the Birth certificates now? #######...I just filed and I didn't send this yet. My husband doesn't even have it yet. He is looking into how to get one. My lawyer said we had time to get it. That we didn't need it till we got approved at the USCIS. :(

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

From what I have been reading - now that local Field Offices are processing applications, there has been a few occassions of them issuing RFEs or Intend to deny's for stuff like birth certs. Looks like they are using old or wrong guidelined. Just teething issues I guess but even more frustrating.

Maybe we could make a thread of field offices asking for this so that people would know to send one in with their application if that will be their field office?

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it's different for AlexBa, though, based on that timeline. She's not at MSC, at all.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.