MrsP

An Interview FINALLY!!!

54 posts in this topic

thats pretty long journey and appreciate you being so patient with this whole process really feel sorry for you and your daughters this whole immigration saga is so dreadful

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good luck!!!!!

I-129F Sent : 11-22-2005
I-129F NOA1: 12-16-2005
I-129F NOA2: 02-09-2006
NVC Received: 02-27-2006
Left From NVC: 03-02-2006
Consulate Received: 03-15-2006
Interview Date : 03-21-2006 Approved
Visa received : 3-24-2006
Married 6-2-2006
Aos timeline
dec 12 2006 : AOS application mailed to chicago
dec 14 2006 : arrived at chicago
dec 20 2006 : Check cashed
dec 21 2006 : NOA (Missouri Service Center)
jan 08 2007 : Biometric
jan 11 2007 : RFE for I-864
jan 19 2007 : Sent RFE to Lees Summit
jan 26 2007 : Got email from CRIS, received response from request of initial evidence
jan 30 2007 : transfer to California service center
feb 01 2007 : touched
feb 09 2007 : California received
feb 13 2007 : touched
feb 14 2007 : touched
feb 15 2007 : touched
feb 20 2007 : RFE notification from email
feb 21 2007 : touched
feb 28 2007 : RFE in the mail(marriage certificate again)
mar 02 2007: Sent RFE to CSC
mar 09 2007 : Got email, they received response for RFE
mar 12 2007 : Touched
mar 19 2007 : received email from CRIS, Card production ordered
mar 21 2007 : received email from CRIS AOS approved
mar 23 2007 : received Snail mail approval
mar 24 2007 : Green Card arrived (with misspelled mid name)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
I am sure that like me, you have weathered about a thousand hurricanes. You wait till the storm passes and they restore power and then you begin repairing your house.

I have never seen the taxpayers foot the tab for people to lay up in 5 star hotels and wait for the government to rebuild their houses. You can bet that the USCIS visa woes are on the very bottom of the priority list right now. The most important thing in America is getting these leeches off of the news each night.

I apologize to any Katrina victims that might be offended by this post. I am sure that there are probably some very sad stories out there. I just haven't heard one yet that prevents somebody from getting a job, taking responsibility, and either making a new life, or regaining the old one.

Katrina aint the first hurricane that ever hit the States and it wont be the last. These disasters can not be funded by the taxpayers. At some point you have to realize that if you don't pay your homeowners then you have serious consequences after a storm. If the government is going to put everybody up in a hotel and fix their house for them then there is no reason to pay for insurance.

sjoefl01,

I am in New Orleans. Yes, it was devastating and yes, many people lost everything but like you said, these people need to take some responsibility on their own unpreparedness. off course now that we see that the government will foot the bill: why pay for homeowners insurance if the government will pay for everything? that is what all these leeches are thinking. We have homeowners insurance and we are not in the flood zone map (as many of these people were not in a flood prone area but flooded) but we bought flood insurance never the less.

When we evacuated (we ended in Wisconsin cause DH has family there) less than 6 days after the storm, my DH had a job in Wisconsin. We came back a month later to check on our house and decided to come back for good and not even a week after we were back my husband was back to work. What is holding up all these other people from getting a job? Superwalmart closes at 8pm due to lack of employees. The fast food restaurants are offering $9-12 an hour. So there are jobs out there for people. Yes housing is a problem but hey, there is trailers available (and lots of people from out of state are living in tents so they can work). I do think that the government (taxpayers) should try to help but not to the extent that they have been force to help. Say we will help you with housing for 1 month max then you are on your own! But you gotta blame your own government for this. They've been supporting these leeches for a long time and now won't set there foot down and say "enough is enough". Cause then it would become a "racial issue". People talk about illegal immigrants (not that I think coming illegal is ok, either) taking jobs away from citizens, but you can't take a job away from someone who doesn't go out there to get a job!!!! Those US citizens that do work and pay taxes (and could use a little hand not to struggle as much) are never elegible for government assistance, how ironic don't you think?

off course our visas and AOS (and any other immigration issue) are last in the list of priorities. I don't even know how long I will have to wait to get my AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I apoligize for letting this thread get sidetracked. Poor Mrs P has been waiting forever to bring her husband here and sometimes I know she must feel like there is no end in sight. I worry that to many resources from the DHS are being diverted to the relief efforts. My heart goes out to the victims of these storms. I just wish that Chertoff would take a few minutes and fix Mrs P' immigration problem.

I am sure that like me, you have weathered about a thousand hurricanes. You wait till the storm passes and they restore power and then you begin repairing your house.

I have never seen the taxpayers foot the tab for people to lay up in 5 star hotels and wait for the government to rebuild their houses. You can bet that the USCIS visa woes are on the very bottom of the priority list right now. The most important thing in America is getting these leeches off of the news each night.

I apologize to any Katrina victims that might be offended by this post. I am sure that there are probably some very sad stories out there. I just haven't heard one yet that prevents somebody from getting a job, taking responsibility, and either making a new life, or regaining the old one.

Katrina aint the first hurricane that ever hit the States and it wont be the last. These disasters can not be funded by the taxpayers. At some point you have to realize that if you don't pay your homeowners then you have serious consequences after a storm. If the government is going to put everybody up in a hotel and fix their house for them then there is no reason to pay for insurance.

sjoefl01,

I am in New Orleans. Yes, it was devastating and yes, many people lost everything but like you said, these people need to take some responsibility on their own unpreparedness. off course now that we see that the government will foot the bill: why pay for homeowners insurance if the government will pay for everything? that is what all these leeches are thinking. We have homeowners insurance and we are not in the flood zone map (as many of these people were not in a flood prone area but flooded) but we bought flood insurance never the less.

When we evacuated (we ended in Wisconsin cause DH has family there) less than 6 days after the storm, my DH had a job in Wisconsin. We came back a month later to check on our house and decided to come back for good and not even a week after we were back my husband was back to work. What is holding up all these other people from getting a job? Superwalmart closes at 8pm due to lack of employees. The fast food restaurants are offering $9-12 an hour. So there are jobs out there for people. Yes housing is a problem but hey, there is trailers available (and lots of people from out of state are living in tents so they can work). I do think that the government (taxpayers) should try to help but not to the extent that they have been force to help. Say we will help you with housing for 1 month max then you are on your own! But you gotta blame your own government for this. They've been supporting these leeches for a long time and now won't set there foot down and say "enough is enough". Cause then it would become a "racial issue". People talk about illegal immigrants (not that I think coming illegal is ok, either) taking jobs away from citizens, but you can't take a job away from someone who doesn't go out there to get a job!!!! Those US citizens that do work and pay taxes (and could use a little hand not to struggle as much) are never elegible for government assistance, how ironic don't you think?

off course our visas and AOS (and any other immigration issue) are last in the list of priorities. I don't even know how long I will have to wait to get my AOS.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

no problem sjoe

My Motion to Reconsider was delievered to Lima Yesterday

I will be focusing on that small hope for a little while.

what a catastrophe this system is.

there will be no relief for us in the new immigration bill

i thought there might be but now I see it is gone. in fact

it may be made worse and we might have to pay a fine

as well as get the waiver. Nobody is really sure what is

going on, but all it seems to be doing is helping those who

are already in the country and doing nothing for family

unity unless you are already here.

P

Edited by MrsP

First Met Hubby, summer 2001

Married in Argentina May 4th 2004

I-130

NOA1 from TSC 5/24/04

NOA1 from CSC 09/10/04

RFE!!! 04/20/05

RFE letter officially late/missing 05/05/05

RFE found-- was sent to ex lawyer address

RFE Retrieved and returned today 05/16/05

RFE Receipt Notice 06/17/05

Case sent to Miami 06/29/05

717 DAYS 5/08/06 I-130 APPROVED!!!!

Interview scheduled in Miami office 05/08/06 - OMG We have to wait until May!!!! (2 YEARS)

Case forwarded to embassy 10/12/06!!, now we get to file the waiver over again.

Interview in BsAs 02/27/07

Refiled another I-601 and I-212 March 1007

I-129F

NOA1 from MSC 08/24/04

Updated 03/16/05

APPROVED 206 days!!!! 03/14/05

Assigned New BNS Case number 03/11/05

Received K3 Forms & Instructions 04/11/05

Interview 06/02/05

Filed I-601 06/02/05---- 235 DAYS

Filed I-212 11/18/05 (embassy forgot to tell us we needed this)

I-601 and I-212 Denied 2/07/06

Filed Motion to Reconsider 03/01/06

Withdrew Appeal 02/25/07

Timeline

What an excellent idea Mrs P. You are brilliant!!!

From what I understand MTR's are seldom successful because you should produce new evidence for them to consider and most applicants have given up everything on the various petitions and waivers.

On the otherhand, you have consequences of the denial that could never have been presented in the original app. I hope you stacked a lot of evidence of the hardship this denial has caused your family.

Your case would seem like a textbook case for a reopen to be considered.

I would have never thought if this. You should be proud of yourself!!!

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

MrsP. I am sorry I diverted your post. I wasn't to trying to put your agony in a second place. I really wish these people would have a heart because you have gone way too long without a satisfactory answer. In my opinion, as long as a person is not a criminal why deny them residence (or a visa) when they are married to a citizen? I know living in the US (or in any country that is not your home country for that matter) is not a right, it is a priviledge but come on, where do the rights of the citizens go? If they wouldn't make things so complicated for those who want to do things the right way, then lots of more people would do things legally but sometimes it seems like if you do the wrong thing you get rewarded. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and I hope this nonsense comes to a happy ending very soon!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry to hear the pain that you and your family are going thru.

I hope that something can be done so you can be reunited as a family (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

After all you have been through, I hope everything works out. In regards to other people having it worse than you... that is hard to imagine. Good luck and Best Wishes.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately Roi_aggie there are a few, that left VJ without a visa. Hopefully Mrs P is part of a very small club for people that have fallen through the system. She is only alone in the fact that she continues to come here and keep us all informed of her progress. There are many people here that consider her a great friend and check each day for something positive on her case.

Going through what she has is more than most people can handle and some just walk away. You never really know whether the relationship fell apart or the people just left because VJ no longer was a comfort to them. For them this VisaJourney becomes a VisaHell.

This site has to be a little hard to take when you have been waiting for years. I thank Mrs P for sticking with us. I know she must cuss a lot when she reads some of these posts where people think they got screwed out of a June wedding when they filed in March.

Mrs P " You are my hero "!!!!

After all you have been through, I hope everything works out. In regards to other people having it worse than you... that is hard to imagine. Good luck and Best Wishes.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Thanks for the thoughts Sjoe,

There are many many people who are in worse situations than us. Imagine if you are a single mom or dad with small babies and your husband or wife is deported, you have no way to support them and you are just lost in a maze of red tape, and once you have made a mistake the immigration nightmare just doesnt let go.

If you believe in family unity, the most effective way to help is to write to your congress reps

and senators.

Right now there is legislation on the table that can help people like myself, these are under

the items for family unity in the Kennedy McCain bill. (clauses 606 and 607)

yes there really needs to be a major concern regarding border security but it is so easy for the smaller

yet equally heartbreaking number of cases that are being lost and forgotten in the rush to worry

about the rest of the reforms.

If you want to help write to them now.

I wish you all the best of luck with your cases and may you never experience any problems.

P

I-130

NOA1 from TSC 5/24/04

NOA1 from CSC 09/10/04

RFE!!! 04/20/05

Interview scheduled in Miami office 05/08/06 - OMG We have to wait until May!!!! (2 YEARS)

I-129F

NOA1 from MSC 08/24/04

Updated 03/16/05

Interview 06/02/05

Withdrew Appeal 02/25/07

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I feel for you MRSp :yes: ... I wish you lots of good luck. :thumbs: I hope everything goes well from now on. You have been through a lot. My mother always says sometimes it has to get really really bad 'till it gets really really good. And I think for you it is about time to get really really good. :yes:

I'll pray for you.

You're a very strong woman. Bless you.

Yasi (F)(L)

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Timeline

Mrs P,

I will be writiing to my reps tonight. Would you please explain the change that is made by this ammendment.

SEC. 606. DISCRETIONARY AUTHORITY.

`(2)(A) The Secretary of Homeland Security may waive the application of subsection (a)(6)©--

`(i) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, parent, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, if the Secretary of Homeland Security determines that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse, child, son, daughter, or parent of such an alien; or

`(ii) in the case of an alien granted classification under clause (iii) or (iv) of section 204(a)(1)(A) or clause (ii) or (iii) of section 204(a)(1)(B), the alien demonstrates extreme hardship to the alien or the alien's parent or child if, such parent or child is a United States citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or a qualified alien.

`(B) An alien who is granted a waiver under subparagraph (A) shall pay a $2,000 fine.'.

SEC. 607. FAMILY UNITY.

`(D) WAIVER-

`(i) IN GENERAL- The Secretary may waive the application of subparagraphs (B) and © for an alien who is a beneficiary of a petition filed under sections 201 and 203 if such petition was filed on or before the date of introduction of Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act.

`(ii) FINE- An alien who is granted a waiver under clause (i) shall pay a $2,000 fine.'

Thanks for the thoughts Sjoe,

There are many many people who are in worse situations than us. Imagine if you are a single mom or dad with small babies and your husband or wife is deported, you have no way to support them and you are just lost in a maze of red tape, and once you have made a mistake the immigration nightmare just doesnt let go.

If you believe in family unity, the most effective way to help is to write to your congress reps

and senators.

Right now there is legislation on the table that can help people like myself, these are under

the items for family unity in the Kennedy McCain bill. (clauses 606 and 607)

yes there really needs to be a major concern regarding border security but it is so easy for the smaller

yet equally heartbreaking number of cases that are being lost and forgotten in the rush to worry

about the rest of the reforms.

If you want to help write to them now.

I wish you all the best of luck with your cases and may you never experience any problems.

P

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Hi Sjoe,

Well...

It is written really poorly and everyone has been discussing the precise meaning.

this is the closest i have been able to come to definitive information. In addition our Lawyer

concurs with this analysis.

cross posted from immigrate2us.net (sorry for the crosspost)

I just got an email from american families united that confirms that the 3/10 year bar would be waived with just a fee..

All,

I spoke with Susan Collins from Illinios Congressman Luis

Guiterres's ofice today. He is a sponsor of McCain Kennedy which she

confirmed would waive with a fee the 3/10 year bars for familes of

American Citizens. She also said their legislation would reduce the

poverty guidliness for the avidavit of support and she seemed open

to ideas such as insurance.

She said in her area some simmilar stories have made the news and

more and more are supporting our issues for US Citizens

She also said that California Senator Diane Fienstein does not

support McCain Kennedy so please call her office and let her know

that at least she needs to support American Families.

She also said in the Chicago Area there were other groups supporting

simmilair initiatves such as the Asian American Justice Center at

http://www.advancingequality.org/?id=45

I also pointed her to our website and asked her to give it out to

any one who was intrested.

Congressman Guiterrez site is: http://luisgutierrez.house.gov/

Edited by MrsP

I-130

NOA1 from TSC 5/24/04

NOA1 from CSC 09/10/04

RFE!!! 04/20/05

I-129F

NOA1 from MSC 08/24/04

Updated 03/16/05

Interview 06/02/05

Withdrew Appeal 02/25/07

Timeline

I wrote to them but I have some reservations about the wording of this bill. To me it reads like the only difference is you have to get a waiver and pay a $2K fine. I explained in the letter that I support the bill if the waiver is being replaced by a fine.

You know this whole thing is bullshit. If you ask around about 90% of the general population thinks that an immigrant is granted full blown citizenship if they marry an American. Nobody really has a problem with this except the government.

What has happened to you is insane. As far as I know America has never suffered an Argentine terrorist attack.

If they really want to avoid terrorism they ought to stop pissing people off. This government is completely incapable of solving any kind of problem. They ALWAYS screw things up completely.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.