20 posts in this topic

Well after filing my I-751 in March, I received an RFE today, and would love advice on what else to send.

According to the RFE I submitted:

- personalized envelopes,

-a bank account summary but no statements or transactions

- a tax return transcript

- 2011 tax returns (joint)

- a health insurance card and documents

- a partial lease agreement document

- flight and travel documents

- photos

I feel like I screwed up big time! I can see now that I really didn't send enough proof but at the time I was sure it was enough. Does anyone have any advice on how many bank statements I should send, because 3 years is a lot of bank statements!! Also I can tell I need to send the full documents for our lease. Any other advice? Also, we don't have kids, so can't send any evidence for that.

I know it'll all be fine, but it's a constant reminder that my life here isn't guaranteed!

Thanks for the help!

Jo

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum! I'm removing conditions on my status!

Any chance anyone can move it for me? Otherwise I can just repost it in the correct forum :)

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Don't worry, it's not that bad, send more evidents such as:

- copy of your driver license and your spouse show same address

- copy credit card with both you and your spouse

- some affidavits (in form of letter is OK) let USCIS know you and your spouse are really married

- some bills such as phone bill with both your phone number and his

- you should send in your last 3 years of the tax transcripts

- and anything with both of your nane

The more the better and highlight everything ... LOL

Good luck and you will get it! Think about the bright side, they do look at your file, right?

Don't worry, it's not that bad, send more evidents such as:

- copy of your driver license and your spouse show same address

- copy credit card with both you and your spouse

- some affidavits (in form of letter is OK) let USCIS know you and your spouse are really married

- some bills such as phone bill with both your phone number and his

- and anything with both of your nane

The more the better and highlight everything ... LOL

Good luck and you will get it! Think about the bright side, they do look at your file, right?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Well after filing my I-751 in March, I received an RFE today, and would love advice on what else to send.

According to the RFE I submitted:

- personalized envelopes,

-a bank account summary but no statements or transactions

- a tax return transcript

- 2011 tax returns (joint)

- a health insurance card and documents

- a partial lease agreement document

- flight and travel documents

- photos

I feel like I screwed up big time! I can see now that I really didn't send enough proof but at the time I was sure it was enough. Does anyone have any advice on how many bank statements I should send, because 3 years is a lot of bank statements!! Also I can tell I need to send the full documents for our lease. Any other advice? Also, we don't have kids, so can't send any evidence for that.

I know it'll all be fine, but it's a constant reminder that my life here isn't guaranteed!

Thanks for the help!

Jo

SEND THE TRANSACTIONS OF THE BANK ACCOUNT YOU SENT OF THOSE MONTHS IN YOUR FILE. i THINK THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ACCORDING TO YOUR RFE. aLSO SEND THE WHOLE LEASE NOT JUST THE FIRST PAGE.

I sent every 3 months and highlighted house hold bills paid from account

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

You sent a lot of good stuff, but it was not complete. I would send in complete versions of what you sent before, like complete bank statements (one a quarter sounds good), your complete lease, tax returns for 2010 or even 2009 if you were married that year. Then I wold also send whatever else you have.

Regarding the bank statements, they aren't looking for your money, they just want to know that you use this account.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

3 years is grand and all, but if you count 2 years of marriage, there's only two (usually, depending on when people got married). So for people filing right now (who married in 2010) there's only two tax transcripts 2010 and 2011.

Sending 2009, for example, filed as single has no bearing (in my mind) on the case...

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We too got a RFE for my husband's ROC. After really reading the RFE it states to show bank account activity to show it is active. I did the same thing and only sent in 1 page per month because our statements are usually 4 pages long. Also I bought my house before my husband arrived so he isn't on the mortgage and after talking to the mortgage officer I was told the only way to get him on the mortgage was to refinance it and that isn't happening any time soon. So I wrote out a letter explaining this and submitted in all the pages of the bank account.

I thought we had it covered because we included copies of both driver's license showing same address, copies of a title of one care with both names, Car insurance showing both of us on it, a registration of another car with both names and address on there, plus 1 IRS transcript for 2010 and tax return of 2011. Oh and also showing that each other are each other beneficiaries on life insurances at work.

The RFE statement wanted proof that the life insurance are still active and paid up to date so we included paycheck statements showing insurances are paid up to date and validated. Plus I included our cell phone bill that has both names on the bill. All the other utility bills are in my name because they were established before he arrived.

I sent in the RFE packet and it was signed for on 11/16/12 and we still haven't heard anything. I know that they were closed for Thanksgiving so I am hoping that we will hear from them soon. The waiting just makes me crazy. :blush:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Could anyone help me out with this question:

We share a credit card, we both have a credit card with our own names on it. However, when I just went to print out statements from our credit card account online, only my husbands name is listed. Mine is not listed on any of the statements from the past 3 years.

I still want to prove we have a joint credit card account, so I was thinking of photocopying both cards (with our own names on) as well as printing out quarterly statements from the account, despite my name not being on there.

Is this going to cause a concern for the USCIS? I don't want to for them to see this as a red flag!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could anyone help me out with this question:

We share a credit card, we both have a credit card with our own names on it. However, when I just went to print out statements from our credit card account online, only my husbands name is listed. Mine is not listed on any of the statements from the past 3 years.

I still want to prove we have a joint credit card account, so I was thinking of photocopying both cards (with our own names on) as well as printing out quarterly statements from the account, despite my name not being on there.

Is this going to cause a concern for the USCIS? I don't want to for them to see this as a red flag!

Thanks!

That's pretty common for CC companies to do that. Most (except 1) of my CC statements look like yours.

I did photocopy all of the cards we have with the same name and just sent that. If they RFE - I'll send the statements too.

I only sent the statements for 1 card that shows both of our names on it.

You can send the statements along with the copy of the cards, they are not too dumb in USCIS, they'll figure it out. It's definitely NOT a red flag.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

That's pretty common for CC companies to do that. Most (except 1) of my CC statements look like yours.

I did photocopy all of the cards we have with the same name and just sent that. If they RFE - I'll send the statements too.

I only sent the statements for 1 card that shows both of our names on it.

You can send the statements along with the copy of the cards, they are not too dumb in USCIS, they'll figure it out. It's definitely NOT a red flag.

Alright, great! Thanks for the advice

Jo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.