masha2012

interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ukraine&cty=&dfilter=5

Sounds like you can go. But not necessary. And yeah, about 10 thousand did this before you. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, you can go! and Yes they will allow you as long as you bring your US passport with you. READ BELOW for some pointers/info :) BEST OF LUCK on your interview! ;)

Interview was quicker than i have read here! it only took us 40 minutes. Time was 8:30am. Was at the gate around 7:30am. Came in at 8:30am. After the Security Scan and Getting a Ticket Number, a minute or two gone by and our number was called right away! (809 when we came ours was 811)... Lady behind window asked my fiancee for DS-156/230 papers, my fiancee said "do you need attachments, supporting documents?" strange but the lady said "there is no attachment for this form" my fiancee then replied "my supporting papers, birth certificate, police clearance, I-134 etc." ..lady said "do you have it?" "Yes, I do" "Ok give me" ??? (this is weird :) ) Anyway, then she asked "did you meet online?" fiancee:"nope, we used to work together" I forgot what other questions she was asking fiancee in ukrainian language. We then was asked to wait to be called for interview (LOL my fiancee and I thought it was the interview already) 9:00am we sat down and around 9:40am we were called by another woman... After swearing, she began asking questions. to my fiance:"How did you meet?" (we work in the same company etc.) "did you meet his family already" (yes, only online) "do you plan on meeting them in person?" (yes as a matter of fact, if my visa gets approved, we are planning on going home to philippines next year so I can meet them) and then to me:"did you meet her parents?" (yes, online) "where are you planning to stay?" (in New York, in my apartment) "you have an apartment?" (yes, i do in manhattan) "great" "when did you propose?" (January of this year) looking at my fiancee "so what are your wedding plans?" (ah, just a simple wedding in the city hall perhaps) (Me:she doesn't like big wedding - with a big smile)

"I like those heart shaped paper clips" (fiancee: oh it's him who did that) "did you?" (yes, learned it in home economics subject LOL) "never seen one, how did you do it?" - so I showed her how to do it, and she was so amazed LOL! then "well, congratulations your visa is approved, you can pick it up at the courier you chose when you applied"

TIP 1: ORGANIZED YOUR PAPERS ACCORDINGLY! USE LARGE COLORED PAPER CLIPS! and AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO SEPARATE EACH PAPER NEEDED! BE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE IF YOU CAN!

TIP 2: I STRONGLY BELIEVE BEING PRESENT DURING THE INTERVIEW WORKS VERY WELL, EASEN UP THE PRESSURE YOUR FIANCEE WILL HAVE, PLUS IT SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU VALUE HER BEING THERE FOR HER IN ONE OF HER MOST IMPORTANT DAY.

TIP 3: IF INTERVIEW IS DURING WINTER - WEAR WARMMMM CLOTHING!!! GLOVES AND ALL!!! I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE MAKING PEOPLE WAIT OUTSIDE IN THE COLD WITHOUT "SHED" ...WHEN I CAME INSIDE THERE WAS A WAITING AREA BUT THEY ARE NOT USING IT!

TIP 4: DRESS PROPERLY!!! COMMON YOU ARE NOT GOING TO A BAR OR CLUB TO DRINK BEER!!! LIKE THEY SAY "DRESS TO IMPRESS" "FIRST IMPRESSION LAST" :)

TIP 5: SMILE AND THINK IT'S JUST FORMALITY SAKE. I don't know but I guess when I submitted my I-129F I included a letter "brief in support of" that detailed our entire relationship and all evidences attached.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You don't need to go to the Interview. My fiancee visa was approved last week and I was not there. It depends on the embassy requirement. Just gather your paper together, look through all embassy visa requirement and pay hard. Wish you and your sweetheart good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

should i go to interview with my fiance ?? will they allow me?.. did anybody go from ukraine?

Yes, Kiev allows you to go, I went right to the interview window with Alla. Yes I always suggest you go for moral support for your fiancee. I believe it has no bearing on the outcome of the application, if you go, go for your fiance(e)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You don't need to go to the Interview.
Please refrain from offering blanket advice that's irresponsible at best and perilous at worst.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please refrain from offering blanket advice that's irresponsible at best and perilous at worst.

TBone knows of what he speaks.

This is your future spouse, the person most important to you in the world and you should be most important to them. I know when I had a personal crisis the thing that stays with me is Alla was there with me. I know Alla was scared to death to go to the visa interview. Her future and that of her children were on the line...or so it seems...and so it can be actually. She had been denied a tourist visa to the USA in the past and treated "like a reptile" She was scared!

It was a no brainer for me.

I know there are consulate where they will not let you in and where the US citizen stands outside and sends in his passport as proof he is there. Whatever. It is number 1 for your fiance(e) and number 2 just in case your presence is demanded.

People in this process seem to get so involved in the process of the visa they fail to see the visa is really nothing. Even for someone like Tbone who had to endevaor a lot more than most, I think he would agree that compared to life, it was a nuisance and not much more. And soon his wife will be citizen and I hope you go give them "what for" in Ecuador, Tbone! And Mrs, T-Bone is an attractive addition to our citizenry!

Think about the person you are doing this for, not whether it is "required" or will make a difference for the issuance of the visa itself

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I went to the interview with my fiancee because I wanted to support her, not that I needed to be there. It was more for moral support. Just like I told her she wont be doing any step of the process alone, I'll always be with her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@ Baba70, yes IT IS NOT an embassy requirement to be present during your fiancee's interview but a lot of us here think that it would be AN EXTRA HELP for your fiancee to relax and knowing HER MAN is there to support her all the way. I am not saying you don't, like I said "extra".

Curious though, what you meant by "PAY HARD"??? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.