Ryan H

NVC Filers - December 2012

449 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm confused about the fact that the CO officer can decide if the AOS is sufficient to approve or deny a visa. I thought it was the discretion of the NVC to decide if income is sufficient or is joint sponsors are needed, etc. based upon the income criteria they provide on their website. In other words, if all the information is submitted as they require and income meets poverty guidelines or above, why would the CO at the embassy have the ability to overrule that?? :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for your replies, this may sound silly but I sign on to the payment portal with the case number and IIN number right?? I've gone through some of the links you have listed here and find it very useful so I thank you for that. When I send the optin email does it matter if it's from me or my husband? (the petitioner) and lastly when I give our email addresses to the agent over the phone do I also give the attorney's email address? because I remember the assistant saying something about waiting for NVC to send us something but I read here that it could take weeks before we get something from them.

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC does a 'gross-level check' and if you are found wanting, you'll get some notice to secure a co-sponser.

The 'detail-level check' is done at the IV unit.

NVC doesn't adjudicate Visa Applications - they handle document intake, casefile bundling, and fee payment.

Missing something gross/major? NVC will tell you about it, in a checklist letter email thingie.

In the end, it's the Consular Officer in the IV unit that adjudicates the Visa Application, based on what's in the casefile.

Thank you for your replies, this may sound silly but I sign on to the payment portal with the case number and IIN number right?? I've gone through some of the links you have listed here and find it very useful so I thank you for that. When I send the optin email does it matter if it's from me or my husband? (the petitioner) and lastly when I give our email addresses to the agent over the phone do I also give the attorney's email address? because I remember the assistant saying something about waiting for NVC to send us something but I read here that it could take weeks before we get something from them.

don't do squat till you get the NVC casefile # and IIN.

But whilst yer not doing squat, you'll need to call NVC often and ask for those 2 things.

Emily - one thing you may find - you'll know more than the lawyer's clerk about 3 weeks into your study time, for NVC Processing going to Montreal. Keep that in mind as yer studying, aye?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

NVC does a 'gross-level check' and if you are found wanting, you'll get some notice to secure a co-sponser.

The 'detail-level check' is done at the IV unit.

NVC doesn't adjudicate Visa Applications - they handle document intake, casefile bundling, and fee payment.

Missing something gross/major? NVC will tell you about it, in a checklist letter email thingie.

In the end, it's the Consular Officer in the IV unit that adjudicates the Visa Application, based on what's in the casefile.

don't do squat till you get the NVC casefile # and IIN.

But whilst yer not doing squat, you'll need to call NVC often and ask for those 2 things.

OPT IN EMAIL? For Canada? Really?

reread prease -> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_–_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

I've read all that and under OPTIN EMAIL it says to send it in as soon as you have the case#, am I missing something here?

event.png

Timeline

no, I confused myself, and edited it out ;) reread my post, aye? :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks Darnell, for the speedy reply. I just hope I don't get a "gross" answer to that gross check that late in the game :P

Oops, just caught myself. I meant to say a "gross" answer to the detail-level check!!

Edited by PMartin37

Timeline

no, I confused myself, and edited it out ;) reread my post, aye? :D

Darnell - I see that thanks :)

The assistant is going to hate me if she doesn't already! lol

so the optin email can be sent from anyone? (me or husband) and should I give the attorney's email over the phone as well? as they're going to be the ones handling everything

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

hi! just an update! :) we just called earlier and our case is already complete! yay! she said just wait for the interview date to be scheduled. should i call them for it or just wait for the email regarding the inteview date?

by the way, i already had my med exam 2 weeks ago and as expected i did sputum exam and got my smear result negative. just waiting for 2nd week of feb for culture results.

this is my timeline

noa 1 - around may29

noa 2 - nov 13

got case number around a week after noa2

sent aos nov28

sent iv packet dec 3

case complete dec 21

i would like to thank all the people who helped us accomplished this journey. saylin darnell dwheels and everyone who answered each inquiry that we asked. thank you guys so much! God bless you all! :)

hi! just an update! :) we just called earlier and our case is already complete! yay! she said just wait for the interview date to be scheduled. should i call them for it or just wait for the email regarding the inteview date?

by the way, i already had my med exam 2 weeks ago and as expected i did sputum exam and got my smear result negative. just waiting for 2nd week of feb for culture results.

this is my timeline

noa 1 - around may29

noa 2 - nov 13

got case number around a week after noa2

sent aos nov28

sent iv packet dec 3

case complete dec 21

i would like to thank all the people who helped us accomplished this journey. saylin darnell dwheels and everyone who answered each inquiry that we asked. thank you guys so much! God bless you all! :)

Grats on the case complete! kicking.gif And if you want to know right away about your interview date, then I suggest calling once a day. Those interview emails are delayed, sometimes by a few days.

saylin i was told that they will not assigning interviews until the second week of JAN is this correct ? i got case complete on Dec 13th.

NVC schedules interviews all month long.

Timeline

With that post above, I just hit 9,000 posts

Yay ! To celebrate, please prepare 9 kilograms o poutine and share it with yer neighbors. ;)

9 seems the magic number for you, for today.

You are also Top Poster #9 in the Canada Portal ;)

Yay ! Double Yay !

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.