Ryan H

NVC Filers - December 2012

449 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Asked for earlier interview, received this morning ;-) Was Jan 24, now Dec 26th

w00t ! Glad it worked out for you !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sent in my I-130 package on Dec 15/12 and it was received at the Chicago location Dec 19/12. Just waiting for our NOA1!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

Sent in my I-130 package on Dec 15/12 and it was received at the Chicago location Dec 19/12. Just waiting for our NOA1!

This thread is for NVC filers, not I-130 filers :P You want this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/403026-december-2012-filers/

Timeline

Ah! So sorry!! Moving to the correct thread :)

This thread is for NVC filers, not I-130 filers :P You want this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/403026-december-2012-filers/

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

Ah! So sorry!! Moving to the correct thread :)

No worries ;) Hope you get that NOA1 soon :)

Filed: Timeline

1. I didn't change my name either and for that question, I just put 'none'.

2. I've seen people who have lived in the same place their entire life and have gotten a checklist when they put their date of birth since the question says since the age of 16. So put the date when you turned 16 until the present. And it says in the question just "city or town", it doesn't need the full address.

First off, that's the case complete email, so grats! And second, no, calling them or emailing them will NOT delay the process. I'd be wary of any advice your lawyer gives in the future because of what they just told you...

Thank you for your help,honestly I'm just going to fire her,ever since we came to nvc she has done everything wrong.thats why my case was delayed!

One more thing I called nvc again Today and the rep Es really nice an told me that my was completed as of yesterday...but on the 12th I have received an email saying my case was completed?but that didn't really bother me,also the rep told me that if we get lucky we can have an appointment by the second week of feb but that's risking my pregnancy I would just be 4 weeks away from giving birth so what I'm trying to see is If I could email the cuidad Juarez embassy to get an early appointment,the thing is that I've been trying to get an email but I haven't had luck with it,is there anyway anyone could guide through this?!

My embassy is ciudad Juarez and I'm a cr-1 case.

Thank you for your help,honestly I'm just going to fire her,ever since we came to nvc she has done everything wrong.thats why my case was delayed!

One more thing I called nvc again Today and the rep Es really nice an told me that my was completed as of yesterday...but on the 12th I have received an email saying my case was completed?but that didn't really bother me,also the rep told me that if we get lucky we can have an appointment by the second week of feb but that's risking my pregnancy I would just be 4 weeks away from giving birth so what I'm trying to see is If I could email the cuidad Juarez embassy to get an early appointment,the thing is that I've been trying to get an email but I haven't had luck with it,is there anyway anyone could guide through this?!

My embassy is ciudad Juarez and I'm a cr-1 case.

If you don't have an interview yet, then contacting the embassy won't help as they don't have your case. You need to contact NVC and ask them how to request an expedite.

Timeline

ya, 'case complete' and 'final review' are two different things.

case complete is a timetick for the document intake and fee payment to be complete.

final review is a timetick AFTER case complete, many times occurs same day, but can occur a few weeks later.

IMO, 'final review', when done, gets the casefile lobbed over into the scheduling queue.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I emailed several times asking (as nice as possible) if it could be moved. 3 times I got a response that "this office does not have your file" which I took to mean it was not at the Embassy. Then Saylin (THANK YOU) helped me locate the DHL tracking information and I sent another email with the DHL delivery info and asked how long does it take for a file to reach your office after it is received at the embassy. That got the desired result ;-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

totally disagree with you on that , back then we did not even know if we will get NO2 approval or RFE or what , now its just a matter of time and no more paperwork to do at this point

I can agree with you... I guess i was getting at "waiting is stressful"..lol

Timeline

I spoke to my attorney's assistant the day after we got our NOA2 and she told me to wait till we get the paper NOA2, but I want to start calling NVC next week to get the case number as I don't want any time wasted, so when I get the case number I just call my lawyer and give him that and he can take it from there? his assistant can sometimes be lazy and take her time with things but she sure knows I want things done as they become available. Am I on the right track then? get the case# and IIN and give it to them?

event.png

Timeline

Emily, what you've outlined will certainly work!

I spoke to my attorney's assistant the day after we got our NOA2 and she told me to wait till we get the paper NOA2, but I want to start calling NVC next week to get the case number as I don't want any time wasted, so when I get the case number I just call my lawyer and give him that and he can take it from there? his assistant can sometimes be lazy and take her time with things but she sure knows I want things done as they become available. Am I on the right track then? get the case# and IIN and give it to them?

Once the case number is assigned, YOU need to send the optin email (if you're planning on doing EP). Then, the next step is for the two bills to be paid (which will be invoiced at the same time as you're using a lawyer). Make sure YOU are keeping an eye on the payment portal. Once you see the two bills invoiced, get on your lawyer's @$$ to pay them asap. Once the bills are appearing as PAID in the payment portal, you can send the packages (by email if you signed up for EP, otherwise snail mail). And once the IV bill is paid, YOU will have to do the DS-260 online (unless you trust your lawyer to do it...)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.