Phladetroit

I-129f TERMINATION LETTER ??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ Family,

We are the couple under K1 visa whose papers was sent back to USCIS for re evaluation. Yesterday was the 180 days since they received our papers. However we were advised to call back again on Monday for their decision.

If ever our petition wont be successful this first time, what options do we have?

Thank you so much for your heads up. We highly appreciate all your idea and info on what could be the next best thing we could do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you could refile...but then what is the guarantee that they will agree you have overcome whatever concerns they have ( which most times they do not specify). Another route is for both of you to get married and file the I-130. wish you the best.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Progress. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

you could refile...but then what is the guarantee that they will agree you have overcome whatever concerns they have ( which most times they do not specify). Another route is for both of you to get married and file the I-130. wish you the best.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Good luck to whichever route you'll take.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Hi VJ Family,

We are the couple under K1 visa whose papers was sent back to USCIS for re evaluation. Yesterday was the 180 days since they received our papers. However we were advised to call back again on Monday for their decision.

If ever our petition wont be successful this first time, what options do we have?

Thank you so much for your heads up. We highly appreciate all your idea and info on what could be the next best thing we could do.

Usually, a consular officer will send a case back to the USCIS if they don't believe a relationship is bona fide. This is a very serious issue for you. Do you have any idea what happened at the Embassy interview that caused the consular officer to decide that your relationship is not bona fide?

From my reading here on VJ, I understand that you can expect the USCIS to notify you of their intent to revoke or their intent to deny the visa/petition. It's also my understanding that it's important that you respond to the letter from the USCIS. It's probably a good idea for you to start gathering more proof of a bona fide relationship to send to the USCIS.

As mentioned above, simply filing a new fiancé(e) visa petition or getting married and filing a spousal petition will not remove the marker on your previous petition that caused the problem in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Good day VJ family,

We are the couple who 8months ago had our 129f visa application sent back to USCIS for re evaluation after an initial interview at the embassy. Just now we got their reply thru email saying they will be sending us the termination letter within 45 days. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

WHAT COULD BE OUR NEXT STEP AFTER THIS?

Your heads up is highly appreciated. We are looking forward fOR your helpful advise.

Thank you and more power!

It's hard to say for sure until the official notice comes in the mail. But are the words "termination letter" directly from the email or your own words? Did the words "Notice of Intent to Revoke" appear in the email?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

It's hard to say for sure until the official notice comes in the mail. But are the words "termination letter" directly from the email or your own words? Did the words "Notice of Intent to Revoke" appear in the email?

This is the exact statement they sent us:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for the delay in getting a copy of your termination letter to you. Your file has been requested. You should receive a copy of the termination letter within 45 days."

We are planning to call them and ask them about this. Should we need to mention what NOTICE are we getting?

Good day VJ family,

We are the couple who 8months ago had our 129f visa application sent back to USCIS for re evaluation after an initial interview at the embassy. Just now we got their reply thru email saying they will be sending us the termination letter within 45 days. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Your heads up is highly appreciated. We are looking forward fOR your helpful advise.

Thank you and more power!

Hi. I'm sorry for asking this but what happened to your application that you sent it back to USCIS? After the initial interview at the embassy? Who had this interview, you or your Filipino fiance?

I hope your case will turn out fine soon. :) Just hang in there.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Just now we got their reply thru email saying they will be sending us the termination letter within 45 days. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Here's my advice: Link to your other thread.

Did the USCIS send you any other emails or letters since your petition was sent back to them?

Edited by Tahoma

Timeline

Here's my advice: Link to your other thread.

Did the USCIS send you any other emails or letters since your petition was sent back to them?

hi.. just read your advise.. thank you we appreciate it..

NO LETTER was sent to us since our papers was sent back last March. this would be our first letter then after 6months of waiting from USCIS. WHY? DOES IT MEAN SOMETHING? please let us know.. thank u so much

I have no experience with this, but "Termination letter" just sounds bad.

ter·mi·na·tion

[tur-muh-ney-shuh n] Show IPA

noun

1. the act of terminating.

2. the fact of being terminated.

3. the place or part where anything terminates; bound or limit.

4. an end or extremity; close or conclusion.

5. an issue or result.

Hope "termination" refers to definition #5 for you...maybe a good result? Whatever the case though, piss-poor job by the center to comunicate clearly...that email answers absolutly nothing; better off just saying the answer's in the mail!

Timeline

We called USCIS and a representative said NOTICE TO DENY letter.

What does that letter means? What should we expect from it?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.