loladolly

After NOA 2.

22 posts in this topic

Hello there.

The wait is already god damn long enough and my fiance and I have decided that we don't want to lose time after we are approved so we can get to the consulate as soon as possible, get the visa and go back home (because i have lived in the US for over 3 years before filling so I am very upset at the whole procedure)

So i need your help in order to know what to do and what to get for the interview.

I know there is a medical to schedule. Can i schedule it now before NOA 2? Where can i find a list of civil surgeon?

From what i have read i know there is an affidavit of support, how do i get the form? where to send it? what do i include with it (pay stubs, tax return etc...)

Also we need police reports, i know how to get one in my country but since i have lived in the US i guess i need one from there too. How can i get one while I am away from the country? That doesn't make much sense for me. Also for USC, how does my fiance get his?

Is there anything i forgot? (besides proving our relationship is bona fide which i won't have a hard time proving)

Also, is the consulate going to contact me for an appointment or do i contact them? How does it go after NOA 2?

Thanks for reading and answering, you are a great help for us.

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello there.

The wait is already god damn long enough and my fiance and I have decided that we don't want to lose time after we are approved so we can get to the consulate as soon as possible, get the visa and go back home (because i have lived in the US for over 3 years before filling so I am very upset at the whole procedure)

So i need your help in order to know what to do and what to get for the interview.

I know there is a medical to schedule. Can i schedule it now before NOA 2? Where can i find a list of civil surgeon?

From what i have read i know there is an affidavit of support, how do i get the form? where to send it? what do i include with it (pay stubs, tax return etc...)

Also we need police reports, i know how to get one in my country but since i have lived in the US i guess i need one from there too. How can i get one while I am away from the country? That doesn't make much sense for me. Also for USC, how does my fiance get his?

Is there anything i forgot? (besides proving our relationship is bona fide which i won't have a hard time proving)

Also, is the consulate going to contact me for an appointment or do i contact them? How does it go after NOA 2?

:guides:

They will answer all of your questions. They are at the top in the blue bar. Good luck!! :)

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are so upset by the K-1 visa process, why did you decide to file for one? If you were already living in the US, why did you not just get married while there and file the I-130 and I-485 at the same time to adjust status?

You do not find a civil surgeon at all. Civil surgeons are in the US and used for AOS. You will be seeing a panel physician in France for your K-1 medical.

Some things are consulate specific and someone that has gone through France would be the best one to answer your questions. The VJ consulate info page for Paris might be of some help to you though: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The link that Jay-Kay provided should answer 80% of your questions. I updated it regularly and you will find all the infos you will need to make your process as fast as possible once your I-129F approved.

You do no need a police certificate from the US, same for your husband. You need one from France (easy to get, takes a week to receive it), and other countries (except the US) where you lived for 6 months at least.

It's better not to gather any documents before your NOA2. You will need RECENT documents at the interview.

Once your NOA2, get ready for 2-3 months wait. It takes time, it's frustrating, I know, but everybody went through this and the result, you and your fiance together, is what matters.

Do not do your K-1 medical before your NOA2. Again, there's no need for it, it's too early. As said, you will have 2-3 months until your interview, which is plenty of time to do your medical. You can only choose between 3 doctors, which are all based in Paris. People who live in "province" usually scheduled their medical for the day before their interview, to make one trip.

What you can do:

- read carefully the VJ Paris page (link)

- go to your family doctor and make sure all your vaccines are up to date

- check that your passport expiration date. if it's expiring i the coming year, you should get a new one

Once you have the NOA2:

- ask your fiance to fill in form I-134, gather all the supporting documents (pay stubs, tax returns, letter from his employer, ...), and to send evrything by mail to you

- download and complete the forms that are in packet 3 (they will be physically in the packet, but you gain time by finding them online, and fill in them properly)

- gather all the documents needed for the interview as soon as possible

- once you receive the packet 3 from the embassy, send back the needed documents (there's only 2 BUT you need to send them back ONLY if you are ready for an interview, meaning that you have all the documents ready)

- schedule your medical (you have time between packet 3 and 4, or you can do it between NOA2 and Packet 3 if you want)

In resume, you will only need to send back 2 forms to the embassy (one that you can download early, the other one, no need to dl it early, it's simple enough to complete and will be in the packet 3). Other documents (affidavit of support for example) will be needed at the interview.

PM if you have any questions. ;)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Thanks a lot for you answers !! It is clear to me now. What is that packet 3 and 4 thing?? Packet 3 is sent to me by the embassy ? That's great for the police report thing, i was worrying about it. I ll get mine for france it is pretty easy and fast but i ll wait til NOA 2.

What about my fiance who was a military, stayed in Afghanistan or other countries more than 6 months? does that count?

I am in the Paris area so scheduling an appointment won't be too hard for me.

3 months? I don't think it is going to be possible.... Paris is pretty fast for interviews especially outside crowded times like summer. If this is the case i might just come as a tourist because i hate this whole procedure... if only i had known before... My fiance doesn't want to stay away from his son much longer

K1 Journey:

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

ROC I-751:

Timeline

Packet 3 is the name for the first letter that you will receive from the Embassy (it contains instructions and forms). The packet 4 is the interview date letter, containing the final checklist and the list of doctors for the medical.

You will be the applicant to the visa, not your fiance. So they only want police record from you.

It took 2 months from NOA2 to interview for me. You should really not expect it to be fast, the time between NOA2/P3, and then P3 "sent back" and P4 can be really frustrating.

I don't advise you to come as a tourist and stay there, it will be visa fraud, especially since you started the K-1 process and show your immigrant intent. You can still go there as a tourist, but come back for P3/4 and interview. If you do that, be sure to take lots of proof of your intended return to France, and travel light!

Edited by didopage

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

The good thing is that, as you're in Paris, the time between P4 and interview may be super fast. It happened to a few people here, they got their interview letter 1-2 days before their interview (probably due to some people who cancelled, and they scheduled someone that was living in the Paris area at the last minute).

BTW, you should have inquire more before starting this process. It takes at least half a year total... and expecting a few months total was a big desillusion.

Is your fiance still a military? If yes, is he going to be deployed soon?

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Yea as i said before i didn't look into it, i never knew that we needed to ask permission to get married (and then they call themselves free country).

No he is not in the military anymore. That's cool if the only police report is for me, one less thing to get !

I saw on the paris consulate page that it was taking around 1 month so i ll take that for now. I might visit as a tourist and i ll come back for the visa. The thing is that i have no job so no real ties to my home country (especially that i have been living in the US for the past 3/4 year) and i'm afraid to get denied at the POE

K1 Journey:

APPROVED !!

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

ROC I-751:

Timeline

Yea as i said before i didn't look into it, i never knew that we needed to ask permission to get married (and then they call themselves free country).

No he is not in the military anymore. That's cool if the only police report is for me, one less thing to get !

I saw on the paris consulate page that it was taking around 1 month so i ll take that for now. I might visit as a tourist and i ll come back for the visa. The thing is that i have no job so no real ties to my home country (especially that i have been living in the US for the past 3/4 year) and i'm afraid to get denied at the POE

You should not expect a month and, I don't want to depress you, but you should rethink your expectations to come back to reality. That little sentence is outdated and I never understood it (infos in that page are added from VJ members, so it's not official). Look at recent timelines from VJ members from France and you'll see it takes more than a month after NOA2, especially since the interview depends on how fast do you reply to the packet 3.

Get denied at POE is a risk, so if you decide to go for a visit, tell the truth, have a copy of your NOA1, say that you just come to visit, and take whatever would prove your ties to France. Do you have a car? Are you renting/owning a place right now? Do you have insurances? Is your kid at school? Think of anything...

By the way, you are not asking permission to get married, you can do that anytime, in the US or France, whenever you want. You are applying for permission to enter legally the country based on your intention (marriage to a US citizen with intent to live there then). The US has immigration rules, and if you don't want to mess with them and take risks to be banned, you are doing things correctly right now, meaning asking for the right visa based on your situation and intent.

The length of the process is frustrating, but it's just a matter of time and patience. Being organized and knowing what to expect helps. Everybody here is on the same boat, and all want to be with their loved one. :)

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Hello there.

iam on same boat, as u get ur approval plz let me know iam also worried n tired to wait so long, n we cant celebrate our christmas n new year togehter, so plz plz let me know the day u get ur NOA-2 i pray for u.

Hello there.

iam on same boat, as u get ur approval plz let me know iam also worried n tired to wait so long, n we cant celebrate our christmas n new year togehter, so plz plz let me know the day u get ur NOA-2 i pray for u.

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

Mufmer, you should take a look at this link: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

It will be better than only relying on one timeline. CSC seems to be working on July cases right now.

Get reading for the next steps after NOA2, it will help to make your process less painful. :)

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Yea CSC has been working on july for like 2/3 months now ! Trust me i'm already getting prepared to respond to packet 3, i ll send it back the day after i receive it!

No i have no home, no rent, no car, no job and my kid is too young for school. Yea i have no ties because I was living in the US with my fiance, peacefully and happily. In france or any other really free country, you can come to get married without asking permission, why would we have to be legal according to our intention, everyone should be free of doing what htey want without letting know some government. The US is ridiculous and I am starting to regret living there, i am starting to be disgusted at this country, honestly if the situation was better in france i would just ask my fiance to come here. Anyway....

I guess my fiance will have to come visit for the holidays, or we won't be together. hmm i wonder if he should ask permission too before visiting me!

Please understand that i am being sarcastic, and stop telling me we are all in the same boat, it is wrong. Unlike most k1 applicant, i have lived with my fiance for years and we have a child.

Edited by loladolly

K1 Journey:

APPROVED !!

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

ROC I-751:

Good luck on your journey. I know that we might not be in the exact same boat but we are all here waiting and wanting to be together with loved ones some people also have children if i am not mistaken. I myself cannot go visit my fiance because I had been living in Switzerland for 12 years and moved back to the Czech rep. only a year ago to spend time with my parents, and my fiance....not having a job allowed me to spend a lot more time with him so I flew back and forth for months at a time. But with no real ties except for a house here...i cannot risk flying to the US.

The thing with this entire process is that I don't think you should be frustrated with the US but with the people who decide to fake a relationship to immigrate those are the people who make it hard for us. I have my moments and think...why can't we be together we just want to marry and be happy every day missed feels terrible but it is what it is. I just pray that things go relatively fast and smooth and prepare should any difficulties arise.

I wish you good luck and hope you get to be with your family soon. :)

All the best

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Thanks a lot for your support ! I konw the US might not be the one to blame but i still believe there could be a faster way to do all that....

K1 Journey:

APPROVED !!

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

ROC I-751:

Timeline

You CAN come to the US as a tourist and get married, no problem with that. You will just have to come back and start a whole new process (spousal visa), which takes even longer than the fiancé visa one.

If you don't understand the US immigration rules, that you think you are special and deserve a special treatment because you know your fiancé for a long time and have a child (there's a lot of other K-1 applicants like you btw), I wish you good luck in your future.

You're welcome for the help. ;)

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.