Danno

The President Turns to God and prays for the nation.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

UGANDAN PRESIDENT REPENTS OF PERSONAL, NATIONAL SINS

The Ugandan newssite New Vision reports President Yoweri Museveni celebrated Uganda’s 50th anniversary of independence from Britain at the National Jubilee Prayers event by publicly repenting of his personal sin and the sins of the nation.

“I stand here today to close the evil past, and especially in the last 50 years of our national leadership history and at the threshold of a new dispensation in the life of this nation. I stand here on my own behalf and on behalf of my predecessors to repent. We ask for your forgiveness,” Museveni prayed.

“We confess these sins, which have greatly hampered our national cohesion and delayed our political, social and economic transformation. We confess sins of idolatry and witchcraft which are rampant in our land. We confess sins of shedding innocent blood, sins of political hypocrisy, dishonesty, intrigue and betrayal,” Museveni said.

“Forgive us of sins of pride, tribalism and sectarianism; sins of laziness, indifference and irresponsibility; sins of corruption and bribery that have eroded our national resources; sins of sexual immorality, drunkenness and debauchery; sins of unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred and revenge; sins of injustice, oppression and exploitation; sins of rebellion, insubordination, strife and conflict,” Museveni prayed.

Next, the president dedicated Uganda to God.

“We want to dedicate this nation to you so that you will be our God and guide. We want Uganda to be known as a nation that fears God and as a nation whose foundations are firmly rooted in righteousness and justice to fulfill what the Bible says in Psalm 33:12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. A people you have chosen as your own,” Museveni prayed.

Uganda won its independence from Britain Oct. 8, 1962. Resistance leader Milton Obote was the country’s first prime minister.

Massachusetts pastor and activist Rev. Scott Lively believes Museveni is a model for other national leaders.

“The Museveni prayer is a model for all Christian leaders in the world. The leaders of the West have declined in proportion to their degree of rejection of God,” Lively said.

Lively also believes Uganda will rise as a major African power as America continues to decline. He uses Britain as an example.

“Britain was at its height as a world power when it honored God as the Ugandan president has just done. America’s greatness has similarly diminished as we have shifted from a Christian to a secular-humanist country. But watch now for Uganda to be blessed by God for their desire to be His,” Lively said.

<snip>

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/ugandan-president-repents-of-personal-national-sins/

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

There is an incredibly strong correlation that shows the more religious a nation is the poorer and crappier it is there. If they want to prosper they should educate themselves, and run as far away as possible from 2000 year old myths / superstitions invented by bimbos that were ~200 decades away from the invention of electricity.

You would think religious people would accept this fact, and ask themselves why the most religious states/nations are the poorest. Does God not intervene/favor/listen/help them? "Sky Mommy" is very busy (not existing).

My prediction is Sky Mommy is going to ensure Uganda remains an impoverished nation for centuries to come.

188396_10151255064433908_1403013437_n.jpg

Edited by FDRs Wheelchair

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thats funny, the USA has historically been known as a very religious nation ... didn't seem to hurt us none. We seem to be in trouble now.. as faith is in decline.

Then you think about all those Gulag camps where both people starved to death and they had no religion, your concept seems to fail there too.

Seems we had reports of Cannibalism in N. Korea as starvation spread across the country not so long ago... how much faith do those folks allow there?

Lets consider the British Empire, was it more wealthy when they were more religious... or now that they are the epi-center for atheism?

Now you made the correlation between the two not me, I just poked holes all in it.

:thumbs:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

You poked something in it...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Thats funny, the USA has historically been known as a very religious nation ... didn't seem to hurt us none. We seem to be in trouble now.. as faith is in decline.

Then you think about all those Gulag camps where both people starved to death and they had no religion, your concept seems to fail there too.

Seems we had reports of Cannibalism in N. Korea as starvation spread across the country not so long ago... how much faith do those folks allow there?

Lets consider the British Empire, was it more wealthy when they were more religious... or now that they are the epi-center for atheism?

Now you made the correlation between the two not me, I just poked holes all in it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So we can expect the news of his sexual affairs tomorrow.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

There is an incredibly strong correlation that shows the more religious a nation is the poorer and crappier it is there. If they want to prosper they should educate themselves, and run as far away as possible from 2000 year old myths / superstitions invented by bimbos that were ~200 decades away from the invention of electricity.

You would think religious people would accept this fact, and ask themselves why the most religious states/nations are the poorest. Does God not intervene/favor/listen/help them? "Sky Mommy" is very busy (not existing).

My prediction is Sky Mommy is going to ensure Uganda remains an impoverished nation for centuries to come.

188396_10151255064433908_1403013437_n.jpg

Interesting and true. It is called the "Modernization Theory" . It is very NOT liberal in concept. Google it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

In what way is the US a "very religious" country? Separation of church and state? No prayer in public schools? Does not recognize Good Friday and Easter as holidays? No religious displays on public property? Only TWO of the 10 commandments even make it into our laws, and those are by coincidence.

The US is not a religious nation, it is a religiously tolerant nation. Religious people in the US are prosperous or not prosperous based on their use of the opportunities offered by a modern society, not because of religion.

The USA is, in fact, a good example of what can be achieved when you have freedom FROM religion.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, back at post #1.

If he mentioned cash payments for reparations to those affected during that 50 years of growth, I'm sure the faithful would pay more attention.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Before I read any further to the comments, I will add my own heart-felt reply.

When I see the name of the country "Uganda" I cringe a little bit, because in my lifetime Uganda was a country that committed horrendous acts of violence. Gut sickening violence on its own people. What a beautiful prayer that was. I wish the leadership of this country, the United States of America, would humble themselves and follow the pathway of Uganda. Uganda will be blessed.

UGANDAN PRESIDENT REPENTS OF PERSONAL, NATIONAL SINS

The Ugandan newssite New Vision reports President Yoweri Museveni celebrated Uganda's 50th anniversary of independence from Britain at the National Jubilee Prayers event by publicly repenting of his personal sin and the sins of the nation.

"I stand here today to close the evil past, and especially in the last 50 years of our national leadership history and at the threshold of a new dispensation in the life of this nation. I stand here on my own behalf and on behalf of my predecessors to repent. We ask for your forgiveness," Museveni prayed.

"We confess these sins, which have greatly hampered our national cohesion and delayed our political, social and economic transformation. We confess sins of idolatry and witchcraft which are rampant in our land. We confess sins of shedding innocent blood, sins of political hypocrisy, dishonesty, intrigue and betrayal," Museveni said.

"Forgive us of sins of pride, tribalism and sectarianism; sins of laziness, indifference and irresponsibility; sins of corruption and bribery that have eroded our national resources; sins of sexual immorality, drunkenness and debauchery; sins of unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred and revenge; sins of injustice, oppression and exploitation; sins of rebellion, insubordination, strife and conflict," Museveni prayed.

Next, the president dedicated Uganda to God.

"We want to dedicate this nation to you so that you will be our God and guide. We want Uganda to be known as a nation that fears God and as a nation whose foundations are firmly rooted in righteousness and justice to fulfill what the Bible says in Psalm 33:12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. A people you have chosen as your own," Museveni prayed.

Uganda won its independence from Britain Oct. 8, 1962. Resistance leader Milton Obote was the country's first prime minister.

Massachusetts pastor and activist Rev. Scott Lively believes Museveni is a model for other national leaders.

"The Museveni prayer is a model for all Christian leaders in the world. The leaders of the West have declined in proportion to their degree of rejection of God," Lively said.

Lively also believes Uganda will rise as a major African power as America continues to decline. He uses Britain as an example.

"Britain was at its height as a world power when it honored God as the Ugandan president has just done. America's greatness has similarly diminished as we have shifted from a Christian to a secular-humanist country. But watch now for Uganda to be blessed by God for their desire to be His," Lively said.

<snip>

http://www.wnd.com/2...-national-sins/

Pssst... "historically"? That means in the past, for sure, and not necessarily anymore. Google it, or look it up in a reliable dictionary.

In what way is the US a "very religious" country? Separation of church and state? No prayer in public schools? Does not recognize Good Friday and Easter as holidays? No religious displays on public property? Only TWO of the 10 commandments even make it into our laws, and those are by coincidence.

The US is not a religious nation, it is a religiously tolerant nation. Religious people in the US are prosperous or not prosperous based on their use of the opportunities offered by a modern society, not because of religion.

The USA is, in fact, a good example of what can be achieved when you have freedom FROM religion.