Not a user

i-129f part B, question 18... not enough information!! RFE?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am finding mixed information about how to answer this question since some people suggest simple answer and others lots of details. I do not want to get an RFE!

here is the deal, I met my fiancee while we worked for the same company, needless to say we saw each other almost every day; i used to live very close from where she worked at and would see her every day on the afternoons, weekends, and during work.

so trying to be concise, I wrote this statement:

"I, [petitioner's name] have met my Fiancee, [beneficiary's name] multiple times since we both worked for [Company Name]. We saw each other often during my time working there from [dates i started working there] to [date i stopped working there]".

Should this suffice? would i need to clarify any point on the statement? i want your personal opinions on this, since not alot of people post actual examples of what they submit.

Also, Im planning on going to visit very soon and documenting the whole trip (i dont live as close) so that i can submit supporting evidence that we have meet, which would be basically dated pictures of us together, holding maybe a newspaper with a date, engagement ring, recipts from gas from the trip, things that might not prove the statement but should devinitively prove that iwent over to see her that time. Should i submit paystubs from both of us from the same company? all feedback is appreciated!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I used a lawyer to file this. She kept the answers on the form short and to the point, much like what you posted on your question. However, she also had both of us (my fiance & me) write and sign affadavits. Are you preparing affadavits? We actually also had my mom, dad, and one of his relatives prepare affadavits as well. The biggest thing is you want your supporting evidence to support what your affadavits say, as well as the forms. The officer didn't read the affadavits the day of the interview- whether they were read another time, I don't know- they could have been unimportant, but my lawyer was of the opinion to overwhelm them with so much varied evidence that they can't find a thing to doubt about the validity of our relationship. (I know I've seen posts that take a different view on this, but it worked for us)

I would definitely include paycheck stubs in the packet. That's great evidence. Also, I would definitely include a copy of your plane ticket from your upcoming trip. A couple of photos will suffice, I think they expect a few in the packet but that photos in themselves don't carry a whole lot of weight- I wouldn't use anything too staged, like with a newspaper- you don't want them to think your trying too hard and hiding something. Make sure the photos look like photos you took because you're remembering a happy moment, not specifically for your application.

We also included an engagement announcement from our local paper. the lawyer thought that was great evidence.

Good luck to you guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I assume you are in the process of getting your I-129F form ready to file. My fiance was in the US on her TN visa. She worked for a company that my company did business with. That is how we met. I ended up with four lines on the I-129F that stated that fact. Nothing more and nothing less. To prove we met at least two years prior to filing the I-129F I submitted pictures. The bad thing with pictures are they normally are not dated. I had sent a number of emails to my co-workers with pictures of my fiance and me together. The email was date/time stamped and was included in my package. In my cover letter I stated that fact and also the emails were discoverable on my company's file server. Don't forget to include a marriage letter of intent from both of you. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help where I can. Please note I am early in the process as my package was delivered to Vermont just a few weeks ago.

God bless and God's speed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I used it as an opportunity to paint the story of our relationship. It was short but not as short & direct as yours. I told them how we original met & started dating. Then described when and where we saw each other recently and got engaged. It just made me feel better to shed some light. If your going to send what you wrote instead of saying we meet there, state the place. Instead of multiple times say the amount. This just my opinion

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

"I, [petitioner's name] have met my Fiancee, [beneficiary's name] multiple times since we both worked for [Company Name]. We saw each other often during my time working there from [dates i started working there] to [date i stopped working there]".

That's fine. Submit evidence a one meeting during the time period mentioned.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Thank you all for your answers!!!

if i could add something, is that I worked/lived so close to the border with mexico, that there is really no plane tickets or train tickets.... I would drive to her house and be there in 15 minutes. Now its a longer drive, but still drive since the plane takes just as long because it has to stop somewhere else... it would be hard to say how many times we saw each other since we are probably talking... hmm.. 200 300+? But I will try to submit as much varied proof as necessary.

Here is what I plan to add:

1: Pictures of my latest trip ( dated and timed. on a sequence from departure to arrival).

2 pay stubs/ evidence that we both worked for the same company.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you all for your answers!!!

if i could add something, is that I worked/lived so close to the border with mexico, that there is really no plane tickets or train tickets.... I would drive to her house and be there in 15 minutes. Now its a longer drive, but still drive since the plane takes just as long because it has to stop somewhere else... it would be hard to say how many times we saw each other since we are probably talking... hmm.. 200 300+? But I will try to submit as much varied proof as necessary.

Here is what I plan to add:

1: Pictures of my latest trip ( dated and timed. on a sequence from departure to arrival).

2 pay stubs/ evidence that we both worked for the same company.

Any photos of you two at a company event?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

There have been some that answered question 18 and provided primary evidence ( boarding passes, passport stamps etc) of meeting in the past 2 years and still got an RFE. The RFE requested the CIRCUMSTANCE of their meeting. Do a search on circumstance of meeting and you should be able to review the threads.

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I am finding mixed information about how to answer this question since some people suggest simple answer and others lots of details. I do not want to get an RFE!

here is the deal, I met my fiancee while we worked for the same company, needless to say we saw each other almost every day; i used to live very close from where she worked at and would see her every day on the afternoons, weekends, and during work.

Should this suffice? would i need to clarify any point on the statement? i want your personal opinions on this, since not alot of people post actual examples of what they submit.

Also, Im planning on going to visit very soon and documenting the whole trip (i dont live as close) so that i can submit supporting evidence that we have meet, which would be basically dated pictures of us together, holding maybe a newspaper with a date, engagement ring, recipts from gas from the trip, things that might not prove the statement but should devinitively prove that iwent over to see her that time. Should i submit paystubs from both of us from the same company? all feedback is appreciated!

I wrote when I met my baby and where. I also wrote how our relationship has progressed, how we communicate, skype, yahoo, phone, email and how often. I wrote when I went to visit her, where I stayed, what we did, when I proposed, how long I stayed with her. I made sure to mention how happy we both are and how excited we are to be husband and wife. I then wrote how our relationship is ongoing and once again how we communicate and how often.

Good Luck

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

It is a two part question, they want to know the information of 1). How you met and started a relationship, and then 2). How you met within the past two years to meet the requirements. That is why RFE is generated, they miss the first part of the question. Your statement is missing the first part as well. Some make a statement that fits within the section on the paperwork, while others write a separate page.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Sounds a LOT like our RFE the we got just last month. I responded and we got our NOA-2 less than one week after the response. Here is the thread that we posted on VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394180-rfe-to-show-we-met-in-person-help/page__p__5753952#entry5753952

The long and short is, along with about 40 pics of us together (I only had 19 pics in our original I-129F petition), I also included about 1.5 pages of our history together which was a simple list of our relationship milestones with a 2-sentence blurb for each milestone. Let me know if you want more details about our RFE response.

Hope this helps

M&J

Edited by Misha & Jeff

I used a lawyer to file this. She kept the answers on the form short and to the point, much like what you posted on your question. However, she also had both of us (my fiance & me) write and sign affadavits. Are you preparing affadavits? We actually also had my mom, dad, and one of his relatives prepare affadavits as well. The biggest thing is you want your supporting evidence to support what your affadavits say, as well as the forms. The officer didn't read the affadavits the day of the interview- whether they were read another time, I don't know- they could have been unimportant, but my lawyer was of the opinion to overwhelm them with so much varied evidence that they can't find a thing to doubt about the validity of our relationship. (I know I've seen posts that take a different view on this, but it worked for us)I would definitely include paycheck stubs in the packet. That's great evidence. Also, I would definitely include a copy of your plane ticket from your upcoming trip. A couple of photos will suffice, I think they expect a few in the packet but that photos in themselves don't carry a whole lot of weight- I wouldn't use anything too staged, like with a newspaper- you don't want them to think your trying too hard and hiding something. Make sure the photos look like photos you took because you're remembering a happy moment, not specifically for your application.We also included an engagement announcement from our local paper. the lawyer thought that was great evidence.Good luck to you guys!

See the thing is that i AM specifically traveling to have her sign the papers and take evidence pictures, but i get your point... DO you think that you could show me an example of what your affidavits look like? i've googled a few examples but im not sure if they are for different purposes. I'm sure i could include affidavits from her parents and mine and other family if its any help. I just dont know what else to do since i dont travel by plane of get pasport stamps.

Sounds a LOT like our RFE the we got just last month. I responded and we got our NOA-2 less than one week after the response. Here is the thread that we posted on VJ:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394180-rfe-to-show-we-met-in-person-help/page__p__5753952#entry5753952The long and short is, along with about 40 pics of us together (I only had 19 pics in our original I-129F petition), I also included about 1.5 pages of our history together which was a simple list of our relationship milestones with a 2-sentence blurb for each milestone. Let me know if you want more details about our RFE response.Hope this helpsM&J

I was just looking at your thread before I saw your reply, great info thanks! I wish you could transcribe what the RFE says... like word for word i dont know how long it is but that is always a big help for alot of people!

Timeline

I was just looking at your thread before I saw your reply, great info thanks! I wish you could transcribe what the RFE says... like word for word i dont know how long it is but that is always a big help for alot of people!

Here is the letter verbatim:

To whom it may concern:

I am enclosing my response to your Request for Evidence in my Petition for Alien Fiancée

1) Circumstances of Meeting my Fiancée

In addition to the proof of my trip to the Philippines to meet Michelle (which I included in my original petition materials), I am also attaching here a timeline and story of our meeting and falling in love, which eventually led to my visit to meet Michelle and her family in person.

Circumstances of Meeting my Fiancée

May 05, 2011

After being separated from my wife and alone for almost 2 years, I met Michelle on dating site called Filipino Cupid.

[Note: We also included screenshots of each of our profiles from Filipino Cupid]

May through September, 2011

We became friends almost instantly, and talked on Yahoo Messenger many times over the next few months. Michelle was such a good-hearted person and we connected at so many levels. I knew she was something special.

October 6, 2011

This is the date that we really started connecting and began talking on Skype daily, averaging about 3 hours every day.

October 26, 2011

We realized we were in love and finally on October 26th we told each other “I love you”

November 2011 through May 2012

Michelle and I continued talking for hours every day, hoping that soon we could be together and planning for that day.

May 23, 2012

Finally! I arrived in Manila to meet the girl I had fallen in love with…face to face. I helped her family travel to Manila from the province so that I could meet them too. I wanted to talk in person to Michelle’s father, and ask for her hand and his blessing for us to get engaged. The details and evidence, including photos, of my trip to the Philippines were included in my I-129F Petition (also attached here again)

May 24, 2012 (ENGAGEMENT DAY)

Michelle’s father gave me his blessing and I asked Michelle to marry me in front of her parents at her house in Manila. She said YES!

June 18, 2012

After returning to the US, I spent the next two weeks assembling the required documents to file my Petition for Alien Fiancée. I receive the USCIS Notice of Action on June 22.

That was it!

PLUS we sent about 30 more pictures that were not included in the original petition.

M&J

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.