N-o-l-a

November I-130 Filers

916 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I contacted my local Congressman today and was shocked when I received a call from the office a short while later. Didn't really help though because he basically told me that because my husband is Brazilian its going to be a longer wait because a lot of Brazilians are applying for visas. So I yelled at my husband for being Brazilian :-P I was starting to get concerned, though, because it hasn't been touched since it was entered into the system on 12/20/12 so it could be hidden under a desk somewhere and no one would know. The NCSC is really no help which is why I reached out to my Congressman. Should I visit my local office, though, just to see if it was transferred and wasn't updated in the system? Some seem to receive notifications of transfers and some don't. I just want to know where it is! And I really want them to hurry up ;-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I contacted my local Congressman today and was shocked when I received a call from the office a short while later. Didn't really help though because he basically told me that because my husband is Brazilian its going to be a longer wait because a lot of Brazilians are applying for visas. So I yelled at my husband for being Brazilian :-P I was starting to get concerned, though, because it hasn't been touched since it was entered into the system on 12/20/12 so it could be hidden under a desk somewhere and no one would know. The NCSC is really no help which is why I reached out to my Congressman. Should I visit my local office, though, just to see if it was transferred and wasn't updated in the system? Some seem to receive notifications of transfers and some don't. I just want to know where it is! And I really want them to hurry up ;-)

Your Congressman blamed the long wait on your husband being Brazilian? blink.gif The nationality of the beneficiary should have no bearing on how quickly a case is adjudicated, or at least not at this level. I would call up your local office and do some snooping around - though if your local office is Atlanta, you might be in for a wait.

Atlanta Field Office thread

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

^

It wouldn't let me quote you!

Yep, that's pretty much what he said. He was explaining the whole process about how countries receive so many visa numbers compared to the number of applicants which is why wait times are different I guess. I was just confused because a lot of the petitions or receipt numbers after mine have already been approved. I was more curious to see if it was actually still at NBC or transferred or lost or stolen or whatever! And yes, my office is Atlanta :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

^

It wouldn't let me quote you!

Yep, that's pretty much what he said. He was explaining the whole process about how countries receive so many visa numbers compared to the number of applicants which is why wait times are different I guess. I was just confused because a lot of the petitions or receipt numbers after mine have already been approved. I was more curious to see if it was actually still at NBC or transferred or lost or stolen or whatever! And yes, my office is Atlanta :(

Dosn't have to do with which country you come from not at i130 level. You should let your congressman know that... Such a absurd statement from his office.

they have time for people entering illegally but ignoring people who came here legally and trying to do the right thing legally...

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Timeline

Dosn't have to do with which country you come from not at i130 level. You should let your congressman know that... Such a absurd statement from his office.

they have time for people entering illegally but ignoring people who came here legally and trying to do the right thing legally...

I agree which is why I'm visiting my local office. And which is also why I don't feel any better after contacting his office! He said he would keep checking on the status for me though...

They can only do a service request if you are beyond process times...

My dear Nola, I filed like the rest of you in november and had a service request done two months later. If your statement holds true, then why mine? Was I part of the exception? I don't think my case was any different than others here.

We all can say where its at, however, if its not in black and white then whatever we say is all assumption based on other's experiences. that's cool cause it has helped.

However, without that black and white, I wouldn't have known my petition was here in vegas and been able to have made an InfoPass appointment. correct me if I'm wrong but you can't even make an InfoPass appointment unless you have a referral ID and that only comes with a service request. Yes, my wife's approved petition came the day before my InfoPass appointment, however, at least I knew it was in vegas.

I'd say to those to have been waiting, do a "service request" and take it from there. The worst thing that can happen is they tell you it hasn't been moved from NBC or they have to wait another 3 months before they can process a service request.

Believe me folks, nola123 is one the most knowledgable on this blog site and most of the time I wouldn't disagree with her but on this I respectfully will hehehe...

Timeline

My dear Nola, I filed like the rest of you in november and had a service request done two months later. If your statement holds true, then why mine? Was I part of the exception? I don't think my case was any different than others here.

We all can say where its at, however, if its not in black and white then whatever we say is all assumption based on other's experiences. that's cool cause it has helped.

However, without that black and white, I wouldn't have known my petition was here in vegas and been able to have made an InfoPass appointment. correct me if I'm wrong but you can't even make an InfoPass appointment unless you have a referral ID and that only comes with a service request. Yes, my wife's approved petition came the day before my InfoPass appointment, however, at least I knew it was in vegas.

I'd say to those to have been waiting, do a "service request" and take it from there. The worst thing that can happen is they tell you it hasn't been moved from NBC or they have to wait another 3 months before they can process a service request.

Believe me folks, nola123 is one the most knowledgable on this blog site and most of the time I wouldn't disagree with her but on this I respectfully will hehehe...

You can make infopass appointment without referral ID

USC here yes.gif
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

NVC
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
07/03/2013 - IV accepted

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have no idea why you were able to do a service request. The vast majority of the time they will not put one in if you are not beyond the stated processing times.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Well now im more confused thanever because i called and they allowed me to do a service request at 4 months and they told me my case was sent to vermont but then transferred to nbc but my receipt number is from nbc and then they told me i should hear something by the 26 and now they say ican be waiting 6-7 months oh yea and i never got a response for my service request which they claimed i would get in 2 weeks and i spoke to a tier 2 and he swore it was at nbc wth is going on !!!!

event.png

Timeline

Well now im more confused thanever because i called and they allowed me to do a service request at 4 months and they told me my case was sent to vermont but then transferred to nbc but my receipt number is from nbc and then they told me i should hear something by the 26 and now they say ican be waiting 6-7 months oh yea and i never got a response for my service request which they claimed i would get in 2 weeks and i spoke to a tier 2 and he swore it was at nbc wth is going on !!!!

If it was at NBC, it would have been approved by now. Believe me your case never went to Vermont. DId you go to your local office?

USC here yes.gif
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

NVC
07/03/2013 - IV accepted

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Am Sick and tired if people thinking that NBC approves i130s faster than other service centers, mine is at NBC, and 9 days short of 5 months since they received it, no approval, last updated dec 18th, 2012, just saying!!!!

Timeline

Am Sick and tired if people thinking that NBC approves i130s faster than other service centers, mine is at NBC, and 9 days short of 5 months since they received it, no approval, last updated dec 18th, 2012, just saying!!!!

How do you know it is at NBC?

USC here yes.gif
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

NVC
07/03/2013 - IV accepted

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

How do you know it is at NBC?

Here we go again! I have done my homework for the last almost 5 months , talked to even tier 2 officers, yelled at some too! Still no luck. Simply frustrated!

Here we go again! I have done my homework for the last almost 5 months , talked to even tier 2 officers, yelled at some too! Still no luck. Simply frustrated!

Been to my local office too, Phoenix by the way.

Been to my local office too, Phoenix by the way.

I sincerely hope that I am in the same boat as you, with all the bad things I'm hearing about the Atlanta Field office, I don't want my petition to be there! I'm a week out from 5 months too, I haven't had my husband call USCIS in a while tho as I didn't want a repeat of the "it hasn't been 5 months yet, just wait and then call us back" As soon as I hit 5 months and 1 day without a response I'm getting my husband to put in a service request!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.