641 posts in this topic

Yes I hope our prayers have been answered! The guy seemed very serious about them starting to process them starting in March, and realistically its about time they do! I suggest everyone make an infopass appointment and make that visit and see them! It doesnt have to be this week but atleast find out if they are processing them if you start going the first week of March. Im planning to go back Mid March to see whats going! Lets hope for positive things Atlanta!!!!

Good work abezyo!! I had my InfoPass appointment yesterday morning with a different immigration officer than you (name wasn't Garcia, I think Johnson?) He was also really nice and genuine! When I inquired about the I-130's, he told me the same that you were told, that starting March 1 they were going to begin processing the files. He mentioned that the backlog was due to the fact NBC not only transferred all of the stand-alone I-130 cases from August but also a big stack of deferred action cases (of all sorts) that involved petitioners/applicants with residence somewhere in the Atlanta field office jurisdiction. Our I-130 cases were put on hold until the deferred cases were taken care of.

When I asked about a legitimate time frame to expect to hear back about an approval, he said that their goal was to get the whole first "stack" of I-130's done within the next 90 days. He said they were first going through all of the files in this group to assign A numbers and then would "assembly-line" them into adjudication, starting with the earliest NOA1 dates. I asked him where my file was in the line, and he not only looked up my file in the system but went to check that it was indeed where the computer said it was (I assume he did this because he left the desk and came back with a printed copy of their internal records and pointed out to me the location, bin number, etc of where my file was in the building. Thus I know that my file is on the first floor, with a bin number of 0032, whatever that means). He then told me that ALL of the I-130's on the first floor (so mine included) were in this first group of files to be adjudicated. Woohoo!! My NOA1 date was October 24, so all of you before me can be assured that you'll hear something within the next 3 months!

Like abezyo, I encourage everyone to make Infopass appointments over the next month to ensure that they are sticking to their game plan. I personally don't expect to hear back in March about an approval because I'm a good two months after most of you, but I think I'll still go back in a month's time to make sure things are going smoothly with the adjudications. It'll be music to my ears to hear about any of your approvals over the next month or two!

Married: 9/24/2012
I-130 Priority Date: 10/24/2012
NOA1 Receipt Date: 10/25/2012
Transfer from NBC to local field office: 12/3/2012
Case Status online: 12/11/2012
NOA2: 7/3/2012

NVC Received: 8/5/2013

NVC Case Number: 8/12/2013

I copied and pasted Abezyo’s comment from yesterday into Skype for hubby to read.

He is very happy that you guys are finally getting some movement, as am I.

I hope they are VERY speedy now that the processing is going to be finally started!

:dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good work abezyo!! I had my InfoPass appointment yesterday morning with a different immigration officer than you (name wasn't Garcia, I think Johnson?) He was also really nice and genuine! When I inquired about the I-130's, he told me the same that you were told, that starting March 1 they were going to begin processing the files. He mentioned that the backlog was due to the fact NBC not only transferred all of the stand-alone I-130 cases from August but also a big stack of deferred action cases (of all sorts) that involved petitioners/applicants with residence somewhere in the Atlanta field office jurisdiction. Our I-130 cases were put on hold until the deferred cases were taken care of.

When I asked about a legitimate time frame to expect to hear back about an approval, he said that their goal was to get the whole first "stack" of I-130's done within the next 90 days. He said they were first going through all of the files in this group to assign A numbers and then would "assembly-line" them into adjudication, starting with the earliest NOA1 dates. I asked him where my file was in the line, and he not only looked up my file in the system but went to check that it was indeed where the computer said it was (I assume he did this because he left the desk and came back with a printed copy of their internal records and pointed out to me the location, bin number, etc of where my file was in the building. Thus I know that my file is on the first floor, with a bin number of 0032, whatever that means). He then told me that ALL of the I-130's on the first floor (so mine included) were in this first group of files to be adjudicated. Woohoo!! My NOA1 date was October 24, so all of you before me can be assured that you'll hear something within the next 3 months!

Like abezyo, I encourage everyone to make Infopass appointments over the next month to ensure that they are sticking to their game plan. I personally don't expect to hear back in March about an approval because I'm a good two months after most of you, but I think I'll still go back in a month's time to make sure things are going smoothly with the adjudications. It'll be music to my ears to hear about any of your approvals over the next month or two!

Great job yourself cwwils2! So pretty much we got about the same answers! Awesome! I didnt get into that much detail but I should have! Hey my NOA1 date is August 21! So I should be some of the first hundred few to go first I think? I dont know! Im staying positive! Im going back in Mid March so we will see what happens! :)

I copied and pasted Abezyo’s comment from yesterday into Skype for hubby to read.

He is very happy that you guys are finally getting some movement, as am I.

I hope they are VERY speedy now that the processing is going to be finally started!

:dancing:

Hahahahahaha thank you to your husband and yourself! Your support and positive thoughts have helped all of us through this stressful process! I hope for you guys a speedy NVC process and a quick reuniting! :dance:

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Posted Today, 09:21 AM

snapback.pngabezyo, on 26 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Yes I hope our prayers have been answered! The guy seemed very serious about them starting to process them starting in March, and realistically its about time they do! I suggest everyone make an infopass appointment and make that visit and see them! It doesnt have to be this week but atleast find out if they are processing them if you start going the first week of March. Im planning to go back Mid March to see whats going! Lets hope for positive things Atlanta!!!!

@Cwwils 2 Oh you have done well and am really very happy now and am sure with a little more pressure from us, all will move well. What you said about scheduling appointments is really the best thing to do,because the more the people go there to ask about it, the more they will be serious about it, but at this point in time, i think things are going very fine.I will schedule appointment for next week Friday. thanks for sharing the information with us.My Noa 1 is September 17 and I hope my petition will be in the first floor. I will be praying cos i would be glad if in the next 2 months, i can have an approval and also others can have theirs.

Timeline

Aight so maybe you guys can help me out...

Since Im hoping for an approval within the next month or two...I want to go ahead and get started on the NVC process. Im going to go ahead and tell my wife to get her police certificate so that we can be ahead of the game. Jordan is all electronic processing so I know I cant do much but here are my questions:

I dont have an income. Im currently a family helper in the business and make no money what-so-ever. So my question is:

Do I need to obtain a tax transcript of myself stating I havnt filed taxes because I dont have any income? My father will be my co-sponsor so he will need to obtain his tax transcripts for the past 3 years correct? Im confused as to everything about the AOS haha.

Ill be leaving to Jordan May 24 and wont be back till July 5. So I want to go ahead and get everything going and be ahead of everything incase anything doesnt happen before then. Any help will be appreciated. I know this is a bit off topic but I notice a lot of people read this topic and I didnt want to start a new topic. :innocent:

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

Aight so maybe you guys can help me out...

Since Im hoping for an approval within the next month or two...I want to go ahead and get started on the NVC process. Im going to go ahead and tell my wife to get her police certificate so that we can be ahead of the game. Jordan is all electronic processing so I know I cant do much but here are my questions:

I dont have an income. Im currently a family helper in the business and make no money what-so-ever. So my question is:

Do I need to obtain a tax transcript of myself stating I havnt filed taxes because I dont have any income? My father will be my co-sponsor so he will need to obtain his tax transcripts for the past 3 years correct? Im confused as to everything about the AOS haha.

Ill be leaving to Jordan May 24 and wont be back till July 5. So I want to go ahead and get everything going and be ahead of everything incase anything doesnt happen before then. Any help will be appreciated. I know this is a bit off topic but I notice a lot of people read this topic and I didnt want to start a new topic. :innocent:

I'm in a similar position concerning the AOS. I haven't lived in the U.S. for more than 3 months/year for the past 3 years, so my income according to the IRS is negligible for those three years. The thing that the State department looks at most closely in the AOS is the previous year's tax return, so in your case, that will be your father's income for 2012. He doesn't necessarily need to provide transcripts beyond 2012 (though if he can, why not?); recording his gross income in the actual AOS for 2011 and 2010 should suffice. As for your form, as the other sponsor, simply put zero's in the places where it asks for income for all three years. Attaching a letter explaining you have no income and therefore have not filed taxes should be more than fine considering you will have a co-sponsor who DOES have a steady income and can show past tax returns.

My situation is strange, because my income for the past three years documents well below poverty level. However, an immigration attorney (family friend) has told me that as long as my current income is above the poverty line that my AOS should be approved. I'm still considering having my mother co-sponsor, just to be safe.

The impression I have gotten is that as long as the State department is convinced that they won't be responsible for the welfare of your immigrant family member, there should be no issues.

Married: 9/24/2012
I-130 Priority Date: 10/24/2012
NOA1 Receipt Date: 10/25/2012
Transfer from NBC to local field office: 12/3/2012
Case Status online: 12/11/2012
NOA2: 7/3/2012

NVC Received: 8/5/2013

NVC Case Number: 8/12/2013

Timeline

I'm in a similar position concerning the AOS. I haven't lived in the U.S. for more than 3 months/year for the past 3 years, so my income according to the IRS is negligible for those three years. The thing that the State department looks at most closely in the AOS is the previous year's tax return, so in your case, that will be your father's income for 2012. He doesn't necessarily need to provide transcripts beyond 2012 (though if he can, why not?); recording his gross income in the actual AOS for 2011 and 2010 should suffice. As for your form, as the other sponsor, simply put zero's in the places where it asks for income for all three years. Attaching a letter explaining you have no income and therefore have not filed taxes should be more than fine considering you will have a co-sponsor who DOES have a steady income and can show past tax returns.

My situation is strange, because my income for the past three years documents well below poverty level. However, an immigration attorney (family friend) has told me that as long as my current income is above the poverty line that my AOS should be approved. I'm still considering having my mother co-sponsor, just to be safe.

The impression I have gotten is that as long as the State department is convinced that they won't be responsible for the welfare of your immigrant family member, there should be no issues.

Oh phew! This was really the only thing that was worrying me! Yeah my father makes a pretty steady income so that shouldnt be a problem at all! Thank you so much for the help! Im gonna actually go ahead and start working on this kind of stuff! I hope you figure out your situation and have a speedy NVC quest! :thumbs:

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had an infopass today at atl field office, the lady I spoke to did not know about the I-130's so she called out the guy in the window adjacent to hers since she said "he does the interviews" (I don't know what she meant by that), that dude told me that work on I-130's will start from March, specifically "initial processing" will start in march and in april they will start scheduling appointments (for interviews?) and that once initial processing is done they ll start knocking down the cases pretty quickly

I asked him that my application was transferred to the atl office on Jan 4th, would it be in the initial batch they are aiming to complete in 90 days (they didn't mention a batch or 90 days to me, I had it in my mind from an earlier post here), to which he hastily replied that it should be and if I don't hear anything by then I should come back.

Some of my concerns which I should have clarified while I was there but didn't are

1.My NOA1 is Nov 26 so I am not sure if I am in that 90 day batch, not sure what the cutoff for that was..

2. also I am not sure how long initial processing will actually take because I read on some thread here that that's the longest part and security checks etc take 2-3 months, so is there expectation of having those completed in a month realistic?

3. are we all going to have interviews?

maybe if one of you have an infopass coming up you can get more info about these things I mentioned above.

So I will now be waiting until end of May and if nothing happens, head back to them

Edited by h45549

I am the USC

Marriage : 2012-10-24
I-130 Priority Date : 2012-11-26
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-12-01
Case status visible online: 2012-12-19
Transferred to Atlanta field office: 2013-01-04

I-130 NOA 2 : 2013-06-12

NVC fees paid : 2013-07-01

AOS/IV Packages sent: 2013-07-05

Case Complete (Phone confirmation): 2013-08-03

Interview Scheduled: 2013-08-21

APPROVED biggrin.png : 2013-09-20

Arrival in US : 2013-10-04

i751 Mailed : 2015-08-20 (Getting to Service Center at 2015-08-25)

i751 NOA1: 2015-08-25

Biometrics Appointment: 2015-09-25 (letter received on 2015-09-14)

APPROVED :) : 2016-06-08

N400 Mailed: 2016-12-09

N400 NOA1: 2016-12-13

N400 Biometrics Appointment: 2017-01-17

N400 In Line for Interview: 2017-01-19

Timeline

I had an infopass today at atl field office, the lady I spoke to did not know about the I-130's so she called out the guy in the window adjacent to hers since she said "he does the interviews" (I don't know what she meant by that), that dude told me that work on I-130's will start from March, specifically "initial processing" will start in march and in april they will start scheduling appointments (for interviews?) and that once initial processing is done they ll start knocking down the cases pretty quickly

I asked him that my application was transferred to the atl office on Jan 4th, would it be in the initial batch they are aiming to complete in 90 days (they didn't mention a batch or 90 days to me, I had it in my mind from an earlier post here), to which he hastily replied that it should be and if I don't hear anything by then I should come back.

Some of my concerns which I should have clarified while I was there but didn't are

1.My NOA1 is Nov 26 so I am not sure if I am in that 90 day batch, not sure what the cutoff for that was..

2. also I am not sure how long initial processing will actually take because I read on some thread here that that's the longest part and security checks etc take 2-3 months, so is there expectation of having those completed in a month realistic?

3. are we all going to have interviews?

maybe if one of you have an infopass coming up you can get more info about these things I mentioned above.

So I will now be waiting until end of May and if nothing happens, head back to them

Okay interesting..I don't know if they will be doing interviews. I think they are just really confused right now about that issue. I guess lets see what happens when they start this month. I should be in the first batch as my NOA1 date is August 21.

1. I think you might be a little under the 90 day. By maybe 10 days? I have no idea couldnt really tell you.

2. I guess realistically if they start this month processing them...they should take 1 months time. I cant see it taking 3 months. But then again I could be wrong.

3. I doubt it. If we are going for interviews, I guarantee we will be approved on the spot there. Ive seen some local offices do that from some the posts on VJ.

Ill have an infopass Mid March to check whats going on. Lets see what happens :thumbs:

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

I'd be curious if you guys could get away with expediting NVC due to USCIS error in this #######

Do you think thats possible? Would we just get it or would we have to request it?

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

You'd have to request it.

Do they expedite for electronic filing because Jordan only does electronic filing for the NVC process.

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, There is a message from Jahlove which says ' Hello, I went to my local interview for my hubby yesturday and my I-130 was approved :). Now I wanted to know what happens next?? ' . I think abeyzo is right, this guy petition is also from Atlanta field office, I think they've started processing it . Oh I can't wait to receive an interview letter from them

Good luck to all Atlanta transferers! I know most of you are waiting long enough for your NOA2's.. :thumbs:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.