641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That was no help... ugh. At least he did answer you though.

I am going back there to the field office on Monday morning. I'm bringing a formal letter to Paul Onyango. I'm also going to see about writing my congressman's office (Hank Johnson) this weekend, and also the two senator's offices (Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson).

Good luck! Hopefully youll be hearing some good news that they are starting to process these I-130s! Thats all I want to hear...that Atlanta's Field Office is processing the stand-alone I-130s that have just been sitting on the shelf getting dust! Ughhhhh Im getting so frustrated. Im feeling very hopeless...

Write back! Something along the lines of "I realize you have a lot of work but I just want to make sure that you are aware that the Atlanta office is not processing petition b/c they're d*ckheads (insert real reason here). This is something that should really be looked into and I just want to make sure that you are informed. I thank you for your time."

Lol Roosha you sound like my wife...I told what the Senator said and she said to write them back and make them force them to process these I-130s! I tell her about Alabama...and how we have the strictest state besides Arizona on our immigration laws. Shes then replys "khara alek ya Alabama" lol. But I dont know...I dont think any of the Senators will help me out. Maybe if I contact my congressman? Are they more helpful than Senators? Once again...hopeless! Leaving May 24 to Amman and really hoping I can bring my wife back with me July 5....:(

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Timeline

Anything new for anyone? This thread is very very quiet just like the atlanta field office :D

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Lol Roosha you sound like my wife...I told what the Senator said and she said to write them back and make them force them to process these I-130s! I tell her about Alabama...and how we have the strictest state besides Arizona on our immigration laws. Shes then replys "khara alek ya Alabama" lol. But I dont know...I dont think any of the Senators will help me out. Maybe if I contact my congressman? Are they more helpful than Senators? Once again...hopeless! Leaving May 24 to Amman and really hoping I can bring my wife back with me July 5....:(

I didn't even see this before, sorry! But LOL at your wife, that's DEF something I would say and I agree with her! Even though Alabama is strict with immigration law I don't see how that should affect you, a USC LEGITIMATELY trying to bring your wife to live with you! All the immigration reform has to do with legals and how to prevent legals, right? So what does that have to do with you? Nobody has any problems with USCs bringing their spouses/family over to live with them, that's not the issue with immigration.

If it was me and I knew this was happening I'd be contacting and re-contacting senators AND congressmen. Calling, like speedwell said, would be an option too and might get you more of a personal response. I think you should keep at it, you and Treva!

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

Timeline

I didn't even see this before, sorry! But LOL at your wife, that's DEF something I would say and I agree with her! Even though Alabama is strict with immigration law I don't see how that should affect you, a USC LEGITIMATELY trying to bring your wife to live with you! All the immigration reform has to do with legals and how to prevent legals, right? So what does that have to do with you? Nobody has any problems with USCs bringing their spouses/family over to live with them, that's not the issue with immigration.

If it was me and I knew this was happening I'd be contacting and re-contacting senators AND congressmen. Calling, like speedwell said, would be an option too and might get you more of a personal response. I think you should keep at it, you and Treva!

Hahahahaha my wife is a funny one indeed. Adore her to death. But yeah youre correct...I just dont know. Ive sent letters to all my Senators and Congressman today. Ive heard nothing of the inquiries I put with Paul or Denise. I dont know whats going on right now. Im just waiting on new charts to come out which should probably be in 2 weeks. Ill keep going at it because I refuse to wait 11 months like ive seen some people on here wait. Its sooooo unfair how we gotta wait so long :( But Ill keep going at :)

USCIS

NVC

Some people are reporting that their approved petitions were sent back to the service center before being approved. I thought I was the only one. I was told by a bewildered ISO that my petition was sent back to the NBC one week before approval. Nobody knows why. You might want to find out where your file REALLY is.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Anything new for anyone? This thread is very very quiet just like the atlanta field office :D

Guys, i have an update. I went to the Atlanta Field Office this morning, and they confirmed that my file is actually there. It has not been assigned to an officer yet, and no A# assigned. Per further inquiry, i was told that NON of the stand-alone I-130's transfered to the Atlanta office due to the work load balance at the servic centers have been touch, same thing they told Treva a few weeks ago. I asked again what was the way forward, and the officer told me that she brought this matter up during a meeting in december and it was ignored. She however stated that a meeting was held again yesterday, and confirmed with her supervisor this this matter was discussed. The office further stated that Atlanta normally concentrate on Naturalization, Permanent Residence, and AOS cases. She further stated that Atlanta is thinking about what to do with our files, but the problem is that workload for each of the officers has already been scheduled, and it is difficult to alter it with our stand-alone I-130s transfers.

She further stated that the supervisors have been talking about our cases, but she personally doesnt believe they have or are willing to implement a plan anytime soon. I asked the officer what are my options, and she said that i should contact my senator. I told her that i know people who did and they only received generic answers, and at that time, she couldnt have anything to tell me. I told the officer that i know people that are about 6 months into the process still waiting for a decision, and she said 6 months is not outside of the processing time, but she couldnt tell me what the processing time is because they have not started working on our cases. Although most appointments lasted for 15 or less, i managed to spend about an hour asking question. I made it very very clear to the officer that USCIS implemented this process since August of last year, and its very bad that Atlanta is still trying to figure how to handle it, six months later. She agreed.

I asked for Paul, and the Officer said i need to write a letter requesting for a meeting with Him. I asked for Dennise, and the office said she is out of the office until May/June.

I also asked by the birth certificate, and replied that she does not see why they will need it, and if they do, we will receive an RFE.

Long story short: Our files are there in Atlanta, they are at the back of the line with the lowest priority. Atlanta does not even have a plan to start processing them anytime soon. I filled out a service inquiry form, and plan to go back there about a month from now.

The officer said Atlanta is taking note of the number of people coming to ask questions about this and its advisable that everybody try to make an infopass appointment and go there in person, to boost our case.

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Timeline

Guys, i have an update. I went to the Atlanta Field Office this morning, and they confirmed that my file is actually there. It has not been assigned to an officer yet, and no A# assigned. Per further inquiry, i was told that NON of the stand-alone I-130's transfered to the Atlanta office due to the work load balance at the servic centers have been touch, same thing they told Treva a few weeks ago. I asked again what was the way forward, and the officer told me that she brought this matter up during a meeting in december and it was ignored. She however stated that a meeting was held again yesterday, and confirmed with her supervisor this this matter was discussed. The office further stated that Atlanta normally concentrate on Naturalization, Permanent Residence, and AOS cases. She further stated that Atlanta is thinking about what to do with our files, but the problem is that workload for each of the officers has already been scheduled, and it is difficult to alter it with our stand-alone I-130s transfers.

She further stated that the supervisors have been talking about our cases, but she personally doesnt believe they have or are willing to implement a plan anytime soon. I asked the officer what are my options, and she said that i should contact my senator. I told her that i know people who did and they only received generic answers, and at that time, she couldnt have anything to tell me. I told the officer that i know people that are about 6 months into the process still waiting for a decision, and she said 6 months is not outside of the processing time, but she couldnt tell me what the processing time is because they have not started working on our cases. Although most appointments lasted for 15 or less, i managed to spend about an hour asking question. I made it very very clear to the officer that USCIS implemented this process since August of last year, and its very bad that Atlanta is still trying to figure how to handle it, six months later. She agreed.

I asked for Paul, and the Officer said i need to write a letter requesting for a meeting with Him. I asked for Dennise, and the office said she is out of the office until May/June.

I also asked by the birth certificate, and replied that she does not see why they will need it, and if they do, we will receive an RFE.

Long story short: Our files are there in Atlanta, they are at the back of the line with the lowest priority. Atlanta does not even have a plan to start processing them anytime soon. I filled out a service inquiry form, and plan to go back there about a month from now.

The officer said Atlanta is taking note of the number of people coming to ask questions about this and its advisable that everybody try to make an infopass appointment and go there in person, to boost our case.

God this is ridiculous. They have meetings about it..yet cant come to decision about how to handle these? December to February and still dont know how to do it? This is outrageous. Im going to have to have to make an infopass appointment and bring my NOA's and the letter from the congressman stating that they are beyond processing time. And Denise on vacation till May/June?! Wow hahaha. Thanks Bismark for your great update. Ill see about an infopass in the next week or two. Ill also check up on the inquiries I've made. :thumbs:

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Unfortunately, this is what they made the K3 visa for.

I suggest if you all have the money for it, then you all file immediately =\

Would the K3 be transferred to Atlanta though? Thats the thing....

USCIS

NVC

I was thinking about you guys and your situations last night. I came up with a couple of things:

- Where I work if a letter is addressed to a specific person, we are not allowed to open the letter as it may be personal. However if the letter is directed to a Position (i.e. Director or Assistant Director), we ARE allowed to open it and log it in and start to action it. If Denise is out of the office (presumably on sick leave or something equally serious) for the next few months, someone must be attempting to do her job. Perhaps if you address the letters that way instead they may get through to the right person.

- It may be time to involve the press. Rocking the boat isn’t usually my thing or even a suggestion of mine, but the Supervisors in Atlanta are clearly not doing their job and are ignoring the problem in the hopes that it will go away. Start with letters to the editors and such (most newspapers will withhold your name if you request it). If it’s in their faces and perhaps their bosses faces they may start to finally action your files. I was thinking of something along these lines for a story if it comes down to it: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/legal-immigration-irpt

Just a few ideas that I hope can help. IMO the situation in Atlanta is ridiculous.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Would the K3 be transferred to Atlanta though? Thats the thing....

No.

It's a different petition.

Transferring to field office:

Stand-Alone Immediate Relative (IR) I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

The K3 requires an i-129f which is not a stand alone I-130

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I was thinking about you guys and your situations last night. I came up with a couple of things:

- Where I work if a letter is addressed to a specific person, we are not allowed to open the letter as it may be personal. However if the letter is directed to a Position (i.e. Director or Assistant Director), we ARE allowed to open it and log it in and start to action it. If Denise is out of the office (presumably on sick leave or something equally serious) for the next few months, someone must be attempting to do her job. Perhaps if you address the letters that way instead they may get through to the right person.

- It may be time to involve the press. Rocking the boat isn’t usually my thing or even a suggestion of mine, but the Supervisors in Atlanta are clearly not doing their job and are ignoring the problem in the hopes that it will go away. Start with letters to the editors and such (most newspapers will withhold your name if you request it). If it’s in their faces and perhaps their bosses faces they may start to finally action your files. I was thinking of something along these lines for a story if it comes down to it: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/legal-immigration-irpt

Just a few ideas that I hope can help. IMO the situation in Atlanta is ridiculous.

Ive sent letters to both Paul and Denise and have heard nothing yet. Perhaps I should re-send the letters to how youve said and see what happens. I dont know though...I feel like anything I do, Its worth nothing. Involving the press would be great! But the thing is would they take a story like this? "Atlanta Field Office not doing their job". Sounds tempting and really would be awesome. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. It may be the internet but when others get involved and advise such, It feels like a family. This website feels like a family and we are all together in the same process. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

No.

It's a different petition.

Transferring to field office:

The K3 requires an i-129f which is not a stand alone I-130

Do you have an idea about how long this process takes? I googled and you still have to fill out the I-130 but also the I-129. I have money thats not an issue...I just want a quick process so I can make my deadline in my head. Im so lost at the moment...

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive sent letters to both Paul and Denise and have heard nothing yet. Perhaps I should re-send the letters to how youve said and see what happens. I dont know though...I feel like anything I do, Its worth nothing. Involving the press would be great! But the thing is would they take a story like this? "Atlanta Field Office not doing their job". Sounds tempting and really would be awesome. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. It may be the internet but when others get involved and advise such, It feels like a family. This website feels like a family and we are all together in the same process. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Do you have an idea about how long this process takes? I googled and you still have to fill out the I-130 but also the I-129. I have money thats not an issue...I just want a quick process so I can make my deadline in my head. Im so lost at the moment...

The I-129f takes the same time as the avg 130 which is 5 months.

But if atl doesn't want to do anything, then 5 months could be nothing for some of you.

There's no charge for filing the I-129f so there's no harm in turning it in anyways.

I think involving the local ATL press is a FANTASTIC idea.

oldlady.gif

For my job it’s privacy concerns as to why we are not able to open the letters. I’m sure the US has similar laws/guidelines for mail. It can’t hurt to resend without the actual persons name on it. Hopefully it will help you feel like you are accomplishing something.

As for the press. The headline might not read the way you’ve said, but if people are made aware of the issues being felt by US citizens trying to legally bring their spouses to the US, it will make headlines. I get the impression that people are more willing to talk and be open to legal immigrants way more so than the undocumented.

Timeline

The I-129f takes the same time as the avg 130 which is 5 months.

But if atl doesn't want to do anything, then 5 months could be nothing for some of you.

There's no charge for filing the I-129f so there's no harm in turning it in anyways.

I think involving the local ATL press is a FANTASTIC idea.

Ughhhhhhh...this is so highly annoying! Im so frustrated right now. I wish I knew about Atlanta's non-sense before! I would have gone with the K3 visa before and probably be way ahead of where im at right now! Urghhhhhhhhh my head is banging. I just want to break down honestly. My luck is ridiculous!

For my job it’s privacy concerns as to why we are not able to open the letters. I’m sure the US has similar laws/guidelines for mail. It can’t hurt to resend without the actual persons name on it. Hopefully it will help you feel like you are accomplishing something.

As for the press. The headline might not read the way you’ve said, but if people are made aware of the issues being felt by US citizens trying to legally bring their spouses to the US, it will make headlines. I get the impression that people are more willing to talk and be open to legal immigrants way more so than the undocumented.

Well said hiker! I should definitely re-send those letters addressed differently. I agree very much about the last part you said. I honestly have no way going about it. Maybe potentially a petition? Anyone have any ideas on how to go about taking it to the press? I would not mind putting Atlanta on blast! :devil:

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.