Danno

”If America Is To Endure As A Nation….”

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

He gave no specifics in the debates.

What kind of specifics are you looking for in a 2 minute answer. Perhaps the kind of specifics obamer offered?

I think you are now just being silly here.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

What kind of specifics are you looking for in a 2 minute answer. Perhaps the kind of specifics obamer offered?

I'm being silly, how? By asking for specifics? He has given none on his economic or tax plan. I've lost count of how many times people have asked him to name one deduction he would eliminate and he refuses. Why is that?

Guess I'm silly for wondering.

2 minutes is enough to list a number of Obama's faliures, but not enough time to list any of his actual plans? Other than the ones that just agree with Obama, that is.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm being silly, how? By asking for specifics? He has given none on his economic or tax plan. I've lost count of how many times people have asked him to name one deduction he would eliminate and he refuses. Why is that?

2 minutes is enough to list a number of Obama's faliures, but not enough time to list any of his actual plans? Other than the ones that just agree with Obama, that is.

No, you are being silly.

_I asked for Obamas plans.... no answer

-I asked you to guess how many supporters could answer that question....... no answer.

-I asked if Obama gave a detailed explanation of his plan in the debate.... no answer

look, put the bumpersticker on your car and head out to town... Job done.

:rofl:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Romney articulated outcomes rather than paths to get to these outcomes. It's great to hear that we'll create 12 million jobs in the next 4 years - who wouldn't want that? But how do we do that? Blank. We'll lower taxes w/o lowering taxes - how does that work? Blank. We'll turn Medicare coverage over to private insurers to bring down cost. Now, we've been doing this for decades now (it's called Medicare Advantage) and it has increased cost. How does it all of a sudden lower the cost? Blank.

It's not silly to ask what the path to these outcomes is. It's silly not to ask.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have been given answers many times even though you already know. He is saying the bare minimum so as to not lose votes like every candidate does when they are not the incumbent (at least the one who win).

If he cuts anything it will social programs first.. He has promised to end the health care reforms.. Social security will be reduced and extended.. This is if we are lucky and he actually cares about the deficit over things like jobs and growth over the short term. Hopefully this will succeed but it probably will not.

He will probably try to cut taxes to the most wealthy and increase military spending, hopefully this will fail but it probably will not.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Two guns on the table, I get to play Russian roulette. One gun is known to be loaded with six bullets - every chamber has a bullet. The other gun I have no clue but I am told "at least five" bullets are in the chamber. I have to pick up a gun, put it to my head, and pull the trigger. I am not excited by either option.

The people planning on picking up the first gun are laughing at the people picking the second gun.. Well at least they know their fate. Good for them.

Which is as ludicrous as the people picking up the second gun laughing at the other group, for in either case, all it takes is one single bullet, of which both guns have several. Dost it matter that their gun only has 5 bullets if there is one in the chamber?

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Which is as ludicrous as the people picking up the second gun laughing at the other group, for in either case, all it takes is one single bullet, of which both guns have several. Dost it matter that their gun only has 5 bullets if there is one in the chamber?

I think he is referring to a revolver. Can't put one in the chamber with a revolver.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Romney articulated outcomes rather than paths to get to these outcomes. It's great to hear that we'll create 12 million jobs in the next 4 years - who wouldn't want that? But how do we do that? Blank. We'll lower taxes w/o lowering taxes - how does that work? Blank. We'll turn Medicare coverage over to private insurers to bring down cost. Now, we've been doing this for decades now (it's called Medicare Advantage) and it has increased cost. How does it all of a sudden lower the cost? Blank.

It's not silly to ask what the path to these outcomes is. It's silly not to ask.

All previous tweaks aside.. Those are very valid points. I don't think any of that is possible.

I wish they would start from ground zero.. Set a tax rate, get an estimated income and then say "here is your budget, the first 200 billion goes to the deficit". I voted for Obama in 2008 for one main reason (well two but only one is important now).. I thought the Democrats would also have control of the house and senate. Nothing was getting accomplished with the partisan politics so even if I disagreed with some of how the money would be split I hoped they would at least not have to compromise on making a budget. I'll choose higher taxes over a higher deficit. I am truly at a point where I don't care how the money is spent or how much they take, just please don't spend more of it than we have..

Edited by OnMyWayID

Timeline

It was an analogy... I could give another one but Evylin told me to shut up about it already.

Edited by OnMyWayID

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think he is referring to a revolver. Can't put one in the chamber with a revolver.

a revolver has one cylinder ... which contains multiple cartridge chambers

each chamber may contain one cartridge.

it is easy to find different brands/ models of revolvers with cylinders containing differing numbers of chambers.

No, you are being silly.

_I asked for Obamas plans.... no answer

-I asked you to guess how many supporters could answer that question....... no answer.

-I asked if Obama gave a detailed explanation of his plan in the debate.... no answer

look, put the bumpersticker on your car and head out to town... Job done.

:rofl:

I said I have no idea how many supporters know of Obama's plan. I haven't asked them.

I do believe, in the debates, Obama gave far more specifics than Romney did. The only specifics Romney gave actually agreed with the ones Obama laid out.

What Obama plan would you like details on? Economy? His plan for taxes? Education? Foreign policy? More specific please. All I've asked you for is economic details.

It was an analogy... I could give another one but Evylin told me to shut up about it already.

I did? Where? :)

Timeline

a revolver has one cylinder ... which contains multiple cartridge chambers

each chamber may contain one cartridge.

it is easy to find different brands/ models of revolvers with cylinders containing differing numbers of chambers.

OK cool.gif So in the event I give the analogy again I will say "Fully loaded" for one and "possibly fully loaded" for the other.. though I may go with laser pistols and energy dispersal levels and hope for fewer electrical engineers versus gun experts.