Chetsky

CR1 applied for B2 DENIED

9 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share our experience. We sent in I-130 and we are wait for processing,its only been a short time. We had a miscarriage last month and my wife went in to St. Lukes for medical review and they found several problems that need medical attention. They also found a large lump in one of her breasts. Her mother has had a cancer and had double mastectomy. We applied on a B2 immediately to have her come here and made appointments in the states with OBgyn. My wife is on my US Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance and i thought we would be able to get her here to treat as it would not be covered there. Absolutely, NO, intention of attempting to not return to Philippines after. I just want to get my wife the best possible treatment, have it covered, and then finish the process. We had the reports and all the necessary medical documents, but they were not even opened or reviewed, it was a very quick "you can treat here and you need to wait on your spousal visa".

I understand this may be the rules, but this really feels wrong, cold, and un-American. Can't image, if the worst, Breast cancer, not having my wife treated in the States and being with her through this. Do I quit my job, and leave to be with her. Do I leave my 16 year old daughter, to be with her. Wow, this should not be like this.

If this is normal, don't waste your money or time trying for a B2. Guess I just needed to vent.

17-Dec-11 Met my wife for first time

24-Jul-12 - Married in Philippines, Honeymoon in Hong Kong

20-Sep-12 - Return to Philippines for visit/Medical/finish up i-130

2-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)

3-Oct-12 - Received at Phoenix Lockbox

09-Oct-12- NOA1 email/SMS : I-130 transferred to NBC

12-Dec-12 - File appeared in Case status

25-Dec-12 - Returned to Philippines for Christmas and New Years

4-Jan-13- Learned my file was transferred to local office on Nov 27

17-Jan-13- I-130 Approved

Filed: Timeline

Did you send a copy of your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance ? If you can try and get in contact with your state congress maybe that would help because nothing try nothing done! See if that helps and please let your wife know that we (VJers) are all praying for her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Have you tried expediting her CR1 process due to medical issues? I would also include financial hardship (her not being able to work while undergoing treatment, cost of medical as she's insured in the US - show proof of that) and the emotional distress of her going through that without you to help/support her, and the hardship to you being unable to be with her in the Philippines due to work/child.

She has "immigrant intent" by being married to you so they have to deny the B2, that's just how it is. But I would try for the expedite.

That was very encouraging replays. I had not thought of expedite. I did have all her insurance papers, but I understand about the "intent" just don't like there is not a exception.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That was very encouraging replays. I had not thought of expedite. I did have all her insurance papers, but I understand about the "intent" just don't like there is not a exception.

Agreed... but unfortunately too many people have taken advantage of "exceptions" and honest people end up paying the price :(

Get on the expedite asap. Give yourself the best chance for a quick approval. Thinking positive thoughts for you!

It's hard enough going through these situations when your SO is here with you. I can't imagine the heartache and frustration you are going through with your wife so far away.

Thoughts and prayers that this all works out for you and your family.

Take care...

Edited by Bumbero

It's hard enough going through these situations when your SO is here with you. I can't imagine the heartache and frustration you are going through with your wife so far away.

Thoughts and prayers that this all works out for you and your family.

Take care...

Thank you!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your wife should start treatment right away here in the Philippines. The sooner, the better.

Good luck.

Edited by apple21

Shes at St. Lukes today, hope to know more soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.