notmuch88tosay

My Fiancee Just Told Me She Cannot Marry Me

27 posts in this topic

While I'm not going to push judgement on you, because I nor does anyone else here know any more than the small snippet of your life you just shared with us, I will say that the reactions of people on here are somewhat fair given the information you provided.

My advice for the nice, beautiful (and hopefully not crazy blink.gif) girl you do make your wife and hope to bring back to the US, is to keep in mind how your story will look to the USCIS, who will have their own opinion on your story, and ultimate have your balls in their hands, so to speak.

While you may have known these girls for a long time (which is completely understandable), you should think about how this will play out at K-1/AOS interviews.

"How did you guys meet?" Will be one of the questions you will be asked. Think about how your decisions will eventually be seen from a third person, who doesn't know all the ins and outs of your relationships.

Perhaps give yourself some time to collect yourself before making any life-long decisions buddy. If you find a girl while you're over there, and you fall in love then that love will conquer time and money and all those other materialistic things. No need to rush into anything, let life (and love) happen as it should, and certainly not let materialistic things dictate your path.

Best of luck to you, sorry to hear about your sudden altercation, I hope everything works out great for you in the end. good.gif

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

My brother went through almost the same as you but different. He had been talking to a few women in the same city as it were and he had his affidavit of single status to marry the girl. When he arrived she was nothing like what was posted on her profile so he paid for her night in the hotel along with her translator and said it was over because she had lied about everything. He ended up meeting his backup girl and spent the next week and a half with her. He came back to the US and talked for a few months but nothing came of it.

If it was me I would meet with your backup but do nothing on this visit until you have spent more time getting to know her. It would look funny for anyone reviewing your case if you could not show proof you had been communicating on a daily basis and for a short period of time before you got married. I had been following your path and there were a few people that had said that maybe you should move on to someone else as this girl was a bit wishy-washy about her decision.

Good luck on the next one.

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Or the OP could just try to meet someone in his own city in the USA? Why is it so imperative to meet a Chinese woman? And where on earth did you book your hotels for the trip to cost seven grand?

ejdra.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post has been removed for violating TOS and 2 posts have been edited to remove a personal attack, also violating TOS. Regardless of provocation, perceived or actual, you do not have the right to attack other Visa Journey members

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP: Happy trails…..

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I supposed that I have two thoughts to add, having been in a successful relationship with my wife, who happens to be from China. The train wrecks, blow-ups, ect. that I have seen and read about tend to be a result of guys who fall head long into these online dating sites. Again, not judging those sites but there is anecdotal support for this. I really don't know how you two originally met, so I won't assume anything, yet the relationships that do work tend to be those that have a more traditional period of courtship (which can be done online with the right maturity level). With that said, if you go looking for a wife in China you will find a lot of lady-players among the flowers, especially if they are over 25-30 as this is when they fall into the 'left-overs' category. Do you really want someone just looking for an out?? Whatever your reasoning, the path you are on strongly predicts that you are going to have a lot of troubles. That was point one.

Point two: if you do find a good, solid woman from China...never let her know that you were shopping like at a meat shop. Be honest about your past, but you will lose a lot of face in her mind if she feels like a fish at market. Unless you are looking for that kind of woman, you know, the ones who want to shop on TaoBao all day and always eat out. Ultimately, good luck, but think about what you want and communicate openly and clearly. :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

One post has been removed for violating TOS and 2 posts have been edited to remove a personal attack, also violating TOS. Regardless of provocation, perceived or actual, you do not have the right to attack other Visa Journey members

Oh I get it, so they're allowed to hit me, but I'm not allowed to hit them back? Well that makes sense and sounds like alot of fun.

notmuch88tosay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I get it, so they're allowed to hit me, but I'm not allowed to hit them back? Well that makes sense and sounds like alot of fun.

notmuch88tosay

No one is allowed to 'hit' anyone. If you find a post inappropriate click on the report button and one of the moderators will check it out and take appropriate action, if required. The problem with 'hitting back' is that you then become just as guilty as the original poster and also get to 'enjoy' the consequences.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No one is allowed to 'hit' anyone. If you find a post inappropriate click on the report button and one of the moderators will check it out and take appropriate action, if required. The problem with 'hitting back' is that you then become just as guilty as the original poster and also get to 'enjoy' the consequences.

So if Iran were to strike the U.S., the U.S. would be 'guilty' to hit Iran back? And they should suffer consequences for doing so?

notmuch88tosay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.