jeff and rowela

Be careful with St. Luke's and your 1st Green card

28 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my children arrived in the US with my husband, the immigration officer at their POE (LAX) specifically told my husband to bring our children to the health center (or whatever they call it) because they need to get additional vaccinations.

My kids had their vaccines and repeated Tuberculin skin tests at no additional cost. The advice from the immigration officer actually helped.

Did you originally include the DS-3025 with the AOS packet, or did you send in the I-693 with the AOS packet?

If the DS-3025 is the vacinnation record from St Luke's we sent that with the AOS packet....the I-693 was used when we got the request for evidence and mailed that with the request for evidence notice. However, if you were to get additional vacinnations in the USA before submitting the AOS packet, do you have to send both the DS-3025 and I-693 with the AOS packet?

You didn't keep a copy of the DS-3025? Always keep copies of EVERYTHING.

We kept the original and mailed a copy. But it wasn't until after we mailed it and got the RFE that we realized that the form stated it was incomplete.

If the DS-3025 is the vacinnation record from St Luke's we sent that with the AOS packet....the I-693 was used when we got the request for evidence and mailed that with the request for evidence notice. However, if you were to get additional vacinnations in the USA before submitting the AOS packet, do you have to send both the DS-3025 and I-693 with the AOS packet?

Thanks for your reply. I'm still trying to figure out the mysterious ways of the USCIS in regard to the DS-3025 (vaccination record) and the I-693.

The way I understand it's supposed to work is that you should be able to submit the DS-3025 alone if the required vaccinations are complete. The vaccinations should be considered complete because normally St. Lukes already gave you all of the vaccinations which are age appropriate such as TDap, MMR, Varicella, and the flu shot (if it's flu season). The rest of the vaccinations would not be age appropriate.

Based upon your DS-3025, the USCIS is supposed to waive the vaccinations which are not age appropriate, and also waive the vaccinations which require a time interval before a second dose, such as Varicella.

What I see happening more and more is that the USCIS is issuing RFE's to those who submitted a DS-3025 and whose vaccinations technically are complete, but who did not have the DS-3025 transcribed onto an I-693 by a civil surgeon. It appears that those who had their DS-3025 transcribed onto an I-693 and submitted the I-693 do not get an RFE even if they did not receive any more vaccinations in the U.S.

Some people simply submit only their DS-3025 and never receive an RFE. The mystery continues...

I filed my AOS (approved yesterday) without sending I-693. I just sent a copy of my DS-3025. My DS-3025 states that my vaccines are incomplete but a check on a box with something like "applicable to blanket waiver.. " or something . I read here in VJ that if your ds3025 has that, u don't have to fill out I-693. I never had an issue with my medical.

I filed my AOS (approved yesterday) without sending I-693. I just sent a copy of my DS-3025. My DS-3025 states that my vaccines are incomplete but a check on a box with something like "applicable to blanket waiver.. " or something . I read here in VJ that if your ds3025 has that, u don't have to fill out I-693. I never had an issue with my medical.

It appears that some people who are in the same boat as you are getting RFE's.

It appears that some people who are in the same boat as you are getting RFE's.

This issue is well covered in the AOS section of this web site, for us the I-693, cost us $25, and a short visit to aCivildoctor in our neighborhood (not all doctors are willing to do just the I-693 )without doing the exam, there are list in the AOS section of doctors who do by city.

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

This issue is well covered in the AOS section of this web site, for us the I-693, cost us $25, and a short visit to aCivildoctor in our neighborhood (not all doctors are willing to do just the I-693 )without doing the exam, there are list in the AOS section of doctors who do by city.

I disagree that this issue is well covered in the VJ AOS section. The I-485 instructions, the I-693 instructions, and the USCIS website appear to disagree with the VJ AOS info. Also, the personal experiences of many VJ members are different than what the AOS Guide states.

Here is what I found in the VJ AOS section:

If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Regardless of if you are exempt from a medical exam, you are still required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you.

...and this...

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Here is what I found for K-1'ers in the I-485 instructions:

8. Fiancé(e)s

If you are a K-1 Fiancé(e) or a K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the last year as required for the non-immigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your Form I-485.

Here is what I found for K-1'ers in the I-693 instructions:

2. Even if a new medical exam is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of I-693.

Here is what the USCIS website says about K-1'ers:

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information. USCIS link.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What about those coming with IR visas? They don't apply for Adjustment of Status when they get here. If they're not complete, will USCIS notify them still?

Wont matter with an IR visa. The next step after an IR visa is citizenship, and they don't ask anything about medical or vaccinations.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wont matter with an IR visa. The next step after an IR visa is citizenship, and they don't ask anything about medical or vaccinations.

I like to re open this topic this would be stuck for a long time,hence despite other posted a comment about IR visa, reason why has it open again so with regards in our status at this moment my family (wife,minors child) had just arrived a month ago what i do remember IO told me to show these vaccination record and the CD x-ray to the physician. Anyone can shared what first step thing to do at this moment, right now shouldn't be done nothing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.