jeff and rowela

Be careful with St. Luke's and your 1st Green card

28 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my wife's experience with St. Luke's and obtaining her first green card in the USA.

With the St. Luke's exam, you pay a fee to have the exam and different vacinnations. While trying to obtain my wife's 1st green card, it was then discovered that she had not received all the shots that she should have received. This was not told to her and we received our first 'request for evidence' from USCIS, where we needed to pay additional money for a civil surgeon to see her, and even more money to get vacinnations that we already paid for her to have at St. Luke's.

With the St. Luke's exam, medical documents are given to US immigration without you having to handle it yourself. I'm not sure if this is the same documents that are stored on the CD that you receive, or some other method. With those medical documents that she never saw, they wrote that she needed to have a followup appointment upon entry to the USA. They did not tell her this (or at least not made it clear to her that she needed to have any followup appointment at all), so we had a 2nd 'request for evidence' to see civil surgeon over an OB/GYN issue.

Guess what...US Civil Surgeons do not handle OB/GYN, so not only did we have to pay additional money for a second visit to the Civil Surgeon, we then had to pay extra money for the OB/GYN that we were referred to.

We eventually got everything worked out, but our processing was delayed about 5 months due to issues at St. Luke's. If only they gave her all her shots and didn't write down that she needed a followup appointment. :innocent:

I probably said it wrong earlier, but just trying to make people aware so when they go to St Luke's, they can ask if they need additional vacinnations or medical exams when arriving in USA. If my wife knew about those issues, we could have taken care of it before we submitted the green card paperwork, and not had any request for additional evidence.

It's a lot less stressful without those RFE's :yes:

Edited by jeff and rowela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I probably said it wrong earlier, but just trying to make people aware so when they go to St Luke's, they can ask if they need additional vacinnations or medical exams when arriving in USA. If my wife knew about those issues, we could have taken care of it before we submitted the green card paperwork, and not had any request for additional evidence.

It's a lot less stressful without those RFE's :yes:

Did she got her CD sealed from St.lukes?

Did she got her CD sealed from St.lukes?

Yes, but it looked like it was Xrays only. She didn't have any other paperwork than the vacinnation record (which we didn't realize was incomplete) and the CD. We didn't mail the CD with our green card application, but they were suddenly able to produce a report of her examination with the 'need followup appointment in USA' highlighted that we never saw before.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

What were the missing vaccines? Tetanus

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

I can't remember what vacinnations they were(happened back in 2010), but I think she received 2 or 3 of them in USA which were on St. Luke's list that she should have received in Philippines.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many times St. Luke's does not give all the shots for whatever reason, they give you a 3025 vaccination record, most times they notate on there, my wife had one that they noted there was not time to administer and had told her she would need to get that shot once in the U.S.. The additional exam is not as common.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes, but it looked like it was Xrays only. She didn't have any other paperwork than the vacinnation record (which we didn't realize was incomplete) and the CD. We didn't mail the CD with our green card application, but they were suddenly able to produce a report of her examination with the 'need followup appointment in USA' highlighted that we never saw before.

She should received a vaccination sheets and the CD.. i got those two result after my medical exam.. I was reading the guidelines in Visajourney about the process of AOS. I got confused because we gonna sent my AOS first week of November. i got scared after i read your post.

Some member here too before post this related topic, the st.lukes didn't inform her that she need's some shot's when she got to US.. so they got RFE too..

Sorry to hear that though.. but thanks to your post at-least some member will aware before sending their AOS like i dosmile.gifsmile.gif

Good Bless you...

Don't be scared. Look at your vacinnation record to see if it has a note of being incomplete. Like a previous poster said, it's not very common to have a followup exam in USA, so I wouldn't worry about that either. Just make sure the vacinnation record is complete, but if not, the worst that will happen is that you'll get a request for evidence and once you get the vacinnation, they'll start processing your case again. The major delay for my wife came with the followup exam, which most people don't have.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about those coming with IR visas? They don't apply for Adjustment of Status when they get here. If they're not complete, will USCIS notify them still?

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

I'm not sure how it works with IR Visa. My wife came under a K1 visa. We had to submit our vacinnation record with the application, so I guess it depends on whether USCIS wants it.

Timeline

Don't be scared. Look at your vacinnation record to see if it has a note of being incomplete. Like a previous poster said, it's not very common to have a followup exam in USA, so I wouldn't worry about that either. Just make sure the vacinnation record is complete, but if not, the worst that will happen is that you'll get a request for evidence and once you get the vacinnation, they'll start processing your case again. The major delay for my wife came with the followup exam, which most people don't have.

Yes, thank you i just found out that i am incomplete i didn't notice this before, but my friend told me to check my result..

Thank you for the helpsmile.gifsmile.gif

My fiancee wast not given a flu shot because St. Lukes claims it is not flu season. The medical record that we received indicates the reasons for not giving shots.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many times St. Luke's does not give all the shots for whatever reason, they give you a 3025 vaccination record, most times they notate on there, my wife had one that they noted there was not time to administer and had told her she would need to get that shot once in the U.S.. The additional exam is not as common.

Some shots you get at St Lukes are just the 1st in a series you need. We ran into this and my fiancee (now asawa!) had to get 3 shots, 2 "booster" and 1 new shot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.