JayT80

Can a damaged thumb cause problem on immigration?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a thumb amputation on my right hand, almost half of my thumb print is already messed up, had that accident at work here in US. Is it gonna make problem/s on the immigration when I go to the airport(planning for a vacation in the Philippines) or other immigration purposes like applying for citizenship (greencard holder here)? If so, what's the best thing to do? Should I request/get a doctors certificate that I had surgery? Does it matter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7 months after surgery

2thumbs.jpg

Edited by jhun

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It doesn't matter. The reason being, what your thumb is, IS your print now. If you had a cut then there would be a problem because once the cut heals the print usually returns to normal (depending on how deep the cut is).

Don't worry :)

Timeline

It doesn't matter. The reason being, what your thumb is, IS your print now. If you had a cut then there would be a problem because once the cut heals the print usually returns to normal (depending on how deep the cut is).

Don't worry :)

Thank you. But it's not just a cut, the upper portion of my thumb was cut-off/amputated. The surgeon moved some of the flesh to cover the tip. Would it be best if I just get a Dr's certificate?

Timeline

Thank you. But it's not just a cut, the upper portion of my thumb was cut-off/amputated. The surgeon moved some of the flesh to cover the tip. Would it be best if I just get a Dr's certificate?

I know it's not a cut. That's what I'm saying. It's totally healed, it is now your print. If it was a cut still then prints would be rejected and they'd make you come back once the cut was healed (if you were doing visa stuff). As it's fully healed then it's not a problem. If it makes you feel better though by all means get the certificate. The rest of your fingers are fine though so it's not as "suspicious"

Timeline

I know it's not a cut. That's what I'm saying. It's totally healed, it is now your print. If it was a cut still then prints would be rejected and they'd make you come back once the cut was healed (if you were doing visa stuff). As it's fully healed then it's not a problem. If it makes you feel better though by all means get the certificate. The rest of your fingers are fine though so it's not as "suspicious"

Ok, thanks.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi again,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, Im going home to the Philippines for a 3 week vacation in a few days, I hope there is gonna be no problem(thumb print) when I come back to US specially in the US immigration. I didnt have the chance to get a med cert from my dr.

Upon looking at my greencard, I saw my thumb print in there, I hope there wont be any problems.

Timeline

Hi again,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, Im going home to the Philippines for a 3 week vacation in a few days, I hope there is gonna be no problem(thumb print) when I come back to US specially in the US immigration. I didnt have the chance to get a med cert from my dr.

Upon looking at my greencard, I saw my thumb print in there, I hope there wont be any problems.

It is your print now. It is your print on record. It is NEVER going to be a problem. You need to stop obsessing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.