Kevinz

I Need Guidance

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm newbie here, I'm from Morocco, Well, My friend has a bar in a small town in Montana, She wants to bring me over there to work with her.

I have a degree as Computer Science Management Technician, I'm 28 years old.

My questions are:

which type of visa she need to apply for?

what kind of job in a bar is qualified for me? bartender, waiter, DJ or security guard?

how long will it take from applying the visa to my interview?

How much will it cost her to apply for this kind of visa?

and what are the chances to get this visa in this kind of jobs?

thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Your chances are pretty much close to zero. Work visa are for specialty occupations, cost several thousand dollars to process, are typically handled by lawyers and earliest time you would get one (due to quota and if you were qualified to get it) will be October 2013. You can't get work visa for bar job. Sorry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Your chances are pretty much close to zero. Work visa are for specialty occupations, cost several thousand dollars to process, are typically handled by lawyers and earliest time you would get one (due to quota and if you were qualified to get it) will be October 2013. You can't get work visa for bar job. Sorry.

I agree...about 12 years ago, I received a work visa. It took 9 months to get and I had a PhD in medical science, so I know it's not easy to get even with a specialty occupation. A bartender job, I think you ought to forget about that option.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Be very careful about such work environments...unsure.gif

Being a bartender does not pay enough and often you'll need 2 or 3 more jobs to break even.

I don't know enough the background about this woman in Montana, so I apologize if I put my foot in my mouth or step TOES on anyone. This is free advice AND you don't have to take it. However, be very careful about such work opportunities like that. It could be a disguise as Modern-Day Slave trade or Modern-Day Slave Labor. If it sounds too good or too easy to be true, then it is. Life in USA is NOT always glamorous. We are absolutely "OVER-privileged" here that we forget simpler things in life.

I went to Algeria and FELL in love with Algeria. I love their simplicity, the lack of novelties, and "NO Joneses to catch up to."

I wish you good luck. Allah will guide you. smile.gif

Sincerely, E

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you can get the employer to petition for you 1-129 temporary .nonimmigrant. worker, there are so many different visaa for work clicK ON USCIS TEMPORARY NONIMMIGRANT,WORKERS, there are many visas uscis.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Bartending is not a specialty job which requires any special qualifications. She will need to hire a lawyer and H1 could cost upto $5000. She will need to demonstrate she will pay you a constant salary which is not a trend in bartending.

If you are qualified as computer Science graduate, I am not sure what you mean by technician. I would say focus on jobs that are related in the IT field, that might be more creditable for getting a work visa.

But just in general its difficult to get any kinda visa from Morocco.

ok, So what about accounting for bar??

Bar is mainly cash business that generate much of their revenue from the sale of perishable items, this business carry inventory and often change its inventory and menu options to meet the demands of its customers and accrual accounting method is an ideal accounting method for this business, the accrual method accounts for transactions as they occur. The revenue and expenses are recorded at the time of the transaction, regardless of when cash is actually exchanged or payments are made, i think this can be a great specific occupation that meets the requirement to qualify for a work visa.

Bartending is not a specialty job which requires any special qualifications. She will need to hire a lawyer and H1 could cost upto $5000. She will need to demonstrate she will pay you a constant salary which is not a trend in bartending.

If you are qualified as computer Science graduate, I am not sure what you mean by technician. I would say focus on jobs that are related in the IT field, that might be more creditable for getting a work visa.

But just in general to get any kinda visa from Morocco.

Why it's difficult to get a work visa from Morocco?

if you can get the employer to petition for you 1-129 temporary .nonimmigrant. worker, there are so many different visaa for work clicK ON USCIS TEMPORARY NONIMMIGRANT,WORKERS, there are many visas uscis.

so many different visas?? like what??

Be very careful about such work environments...unsure.gif

Being a bartender does not pay enough and often you'll need 2 or 3 more jobs to break even.

I don't know enough the background about this woman in Montana, so I apologize if I put my foot in my mouth or step TOES on anyone. This is free advice AND you don't have to take it. However, be very careful about such work opportunities like that. It could be a disguise as Modern-Day Slave trade or Modern-Day Slave Labor. If it sounds too good or too easy to be true, then it is. Life in USA is NOT always glamorous. We are absolutely "OVER-privileged" here that we forget simpler things in life.

I went to Algeria and FELL in love with Algeria. I love their simplicity, the lack of novelties, and "NO Joneses to catch up to."

I wish you good luck. Allah will guide you. smile.gif

Sincerely, E

I appreciate everything you said. Well, i have known my friend for more than 3 years now, i know who she's and i know what it's like to live in her environment or that work environment.. no worries, i know the culture and how people and the way they live etc..

so wherever you're is NOT always glamorous and no matter where you're at we would rather be somewhere else.. maybe this is why you liked algeria.

thanks for wishing me luck.

Edited by Kevinz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

DOn't be.

I'll figure out how to get a work visa with one way or another.

Thank you

Good luck - really. Just make sure you stay realistic with your expectations.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ok, So what about accounting for bar??

Bar is mainly cash business that generate much of their revenue from the sale of perishable items, this business carry inventory and often change its inventory and menu options to meet the demands of its customers and accrual accounting method is an ideal accounting method for this business, the accrual method accounts for transactions as they occur. The revenue and expenses are recorded at the time of the transaction, regardless of when cash is actually exchanged or payments are made, i think this can be a great specific occupation that meets the requirement to qualify for a work visa.

Why it's difficult to get a work visa from Morocco?

so many different visas?? like what??

Certain countries are difficult to get visa from - it all depends on ppl in past who have abused the visa or there is high level of fraud cases from a particular country etc.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY11NIVDetailTable.pdf here are some stats of how many visas were issued for a visa type.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.