HollyEslem

Almost time!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone! It's been a good while since I was last on here. First and foremost THANK YOU for all the information and tips!! They have been extremely helpful!! We are currently going over our petition packet and making sure we have everything. I'm sure you all get bored to death with the same stuff over again but i'm going to go over what we have in our packet just to make sure we have everything. WE have checked, double checked and triple checked and we want to be sure it's perfect!

In our petition packet (fiance is Tunisian by the way) we have:

Our application fee

Form G-1145 for myself and my fiance

Form I-129 Petition form

I-129F Supplement: Explaination of how we met

Evidence of US citizenship (birth certificate)

Form G-325A (Biographic information for us both and passport photos of us both)

Letters of Intent to Marry (signed and dated by both of us)

A Marriage Contract (sort of like a pre-nup that will be signed the day of our marriage)

Proof of my stays and visits to Tunisia (We have passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts)

Proof of having met within the last two years (Again we have receipts of rent, places we went, etc and of course our photos)

Proof of communication (phone bills, webchats, emails, letters, cards, etc)

So with all that said, how much is too much and how little is too little? We have been together for almost 3 years so does that mean the first year really doesnt' count? or should we provide minimum info that first year and concentrate on the other two? Everyone knows that 3 years worth of records would make for a pretty hefty packet so how do i weed them out? For example, is it better to provide like 2 emails, webchats, etc of each for every month? I want to show enough proof but i don't want to overwhelm the officer either! Also, what is the best way to organize everything and put it together? I also have letters from my family to the embassy showing their support and also our engagement announcement that my family put in our hometown newspaper. Are these good things to add as well?

Any other tips, suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated!!! WE are so excited and a little nervous too! :) Thank you!

February 4, 2010- Met!!

September 6, 2010-First Trip to Tunisia..officially a couple!

June 28, 2011-Second Trip to Tunisia..became engaged!!

March 2012-Third Trip to Tunisia

June 26, 2012-Fourth Trip to Tunisia..Started preparing our wedding plans!

November 6 2012-Filed our K-1 Petition!

November 16, 2012- NOA 1: K-1 Received and entered into the database

November 23, 2012- Petition was "touched" In initial review..YAY!!

March 16, 2013- Fifth Trip to Tunisia..and anxiously waiting for approval!

May 23, 2013-NOA 2: Petition Approved!!

June 3, 2013-Petition received by NVC!

June 6, 2013-Petition forwarded to the embassy in Tunisia!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

June 17, 2013- Consulate Received!!

June 25, 2013- Received Packet 3 from Embassy!

July 4, 2013- Sent Packet 3 back to Embassy..waiting for an interview date!

July 15, 2013- Packet 4 received..Interview set for July 30, 2013!!!

July 22, 2013- Medical done!!

July 30, 2013- Interview- APPROVED!!!!

August 5, 2013-Picked up Visa!!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

November 7, 2013-We are finally married!!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Why are you sending the marriage contract? I would personally leave it out, because it may do more harm then good.

Show them evidence backing to three years of your relationship to show bona fide relationship.

They just want proof that you have seen face to face in the past 2 years.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You only need to prove 3 things in your package: you are a US citizen, you and your fiance are legally free and willing to marry, you have met in person within the last 2 years. That is it. Depending on how hard your consulate is, you may want to include a little or a lot of proof of your relationship. The packet I sent was less than 40 pages.

Timeline

Why are you sending the marriage contract? I would personally leave it out, because it may do more harm then good.

Show them evidence backing to three years of your relationship to show bona fide relationship.

They just want proof that you have seen face to face in the past 2 years.

We know someone who also included a marriage contract and was approved anyway. It just states that we are each financially responsible for any children born in the marriage, anything obtained prior to the marriage will remain in the possession of the individual parties, any children are free to choose their own religion, etc. If it could harm our chances, i won't include it but we DO know couples who have done this with no problem. In what ways could it harm the petition getting approved?

You only need to prove 3 things in your package: you are a US citizen, you and your fiance are legally free and willing to marry, you have met in person within the last 2 years. That is it. Depending on how hard your consulate is, you may want to include a little or a lot of proof of your relationship. The packet I sent was less than 40 pages.

It is Tunisia and i'm not sure if they are considered a high fraud country or not. Being as they aren't on the "visa waiver program", I would assume they are. Our packet will be less than 40 pages for sure :)

February 4, 2010- Met!!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Also, since my divorce, I have yet to get my passport name changed back to my maiden name however; my maiden name is hyphenated with my married name (if that makes sense). On the petition it asks if any other names are/were used and i put the name on my passport (i put my maiden name in my information). I'm also including my divorce decree showing it clearly states that I have resumed my maiden name. Is it okay that I have done it like this?

February 4, 2010- Met!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We know someone who also included a marriage contract and was approved anyway. It just states that we are each financially responsible for any children born in the marriage, anything obtained prior to the marriage will remain in the possession of the individual parties, any children are free to choose their own religion, etc. If it could harm our chances, i won't include it but we DO know couples who have done this with no problem. In what ways could it harm the petition getting approved?

It could harm the petition being approved if they suspect you are already married.

Timeline

It could harm the petition being approved if they suspect you are already married.

In what way? The contract specifically states that it will be notarized and also signed by the person who marries us. Furthermore, I don't know if you know anything about Tunisian customs but it's mandatory there to sign a contract on the day of the marriage. That's the only way you are really officially married. We thought it would be nice to put both customs into our wedding here. I don't believe there is anything in it that would make a consular think we are already married. Given the evidence and such, it would be quite obvious that we aren't. All he/she would have to do is pull up his birth certificate. In Tunisia, all marriages are listed on it. Now I don't know what to do :(

February 4, 2010- Met!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The USCIS might not know about Tunisian customs. If I were you, I would not include the contract- it is not requested, and it is probably best to send only pertinent information so that the people can read the petition easily. Think of it like a work resume- if it's too long nobody will read it.

You could take the contract to your interview if you so wish, together with the evidence that you are still in touch (since the application)

Best wishes...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
...it is probably best to send only pertinent information so that the people can read the petition easily. Think of it like a work resume- if it's too long nobody will read it.
This is good advice for low-fraud embassies like London, where front-loading isn't needed.

The OP should click the "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy" (links atop every VJ page) to read about HER consulate. She would also do well to visit the ME/NA regional subforum to search for pertinent threads and perhaps to ask questions there.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

This is good advice for low-fraud embassies like London, where front-loading isn't needed.

The OP should click the "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy" (links atop every VJ page) to read about HER consulate. She would also do well to visit the ME/NA regional subforum to search for pertinent threads and perhaps to ask questions there.

Thanks so much!!! I'll research some more there...

Also, is it okay to highlight dates and times on the copies of the plane tickets/boarding passes?

February 4, 2010- Met!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks so much!!! I'll research some more there...

Also, is it okay to highlight dates and times on the copies of the plane tickets/boarding passes?

Yes, it's ok to highlight them good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.