20 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am applying for AOS from my K1 visa from the UK and have a question regarding the vaccination supplement. In the instructions it says you MAY send it with the AOS application. What are the pros and cons of sending it against just taking it along to the AOS interview? Would i get an RFE?

I'm thinking i may be able to get the paper work sent off sooner if i dont have to spend time getting the vaccination supplement before i send AOS application

Thanks

Ian

Ian & Kristen

UK / U.S.A.

01/OCT/05 - I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre

12/OCT/05 - NOA1 received

26/OCT/05 - NOA2, application approved

02/NOV/05 - Case now at London Embassy

25/NOV/05 - Packet 3 received

08/DEC/05 - Medical

21/DEC/05 - Packet 3 sent back

03/JAN/06 - Packet 4 received

09/JAN/06 - Interview day (approved)

11/FEB/06 - Fly to USA

14/FEB/06 - Get married

AOS/EAD/AP

10/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP sent

12/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP received

17/MAR/06 - Checks cashed for AOS, EAD and AP

18/MAR/06 - NOA received for AOS, EAD and AP. Receipt dated 15/MAR/06

05/APR/06 - Biometrics appointment

08/APR/06 - EAD and AOS touched

27/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

29/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

25/MAY/06 - AP approved and EAD touched

26/MAY/06 - AP touched

28/MAY/06 - AP received

30/MAY/06 - EAD approved & AOS interview schedule for 11/JULY/06

11/JULY/06 - AOS interview scheduled - Approved!!

Removal of Conditions

Jun/08 - Preparing evidence

It's up to you. The I-693A seems to be a crapshoot. Some people send only the DS-3025 worksheet and are RFE'd for the I-693A. Some people are never RFE'd or asked for the I-693A.

If you want to RFE-proof yourself, as it were, submit the supplement. If you're feeling lucky, don't. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Timeline

Perhaps the question you should be asking yourself is whether or not you can afford to get a RFE or not? :P If you have all the time in the world and you're not in a hurry, then sure, send in your AOS paperwork without including the vaccination supplement form, and hope for the best.

Just keep in mind though that any additional applications (ie for EAD, Advance Parole) sent in with your AOS paperwork will be delayed if you for any reason get a RFE on your main AOS application filing.

For those of us who are hoping to get our EAD and Advance Parole soon, that's a risk that we can't afford to take!

To be honest, getting a vaccination supplement form filled out isn't a big deal at all. It might delay you a day or two, if that. Just call the closest USCIS designated surgeon in the U.S. to you and tell them that you need a vaccination supplement form. Take in your vaccination worksheet (from your visa interview-prep medical exam in the UK) and passport to them and within minutes they'll have that info transferred on to a vaccination supplement form. There may or may not be a small fee, depending on which surgeon from the USCIS-designated list that you pick. In my case, I didn't even need an appointment either. I just walked in and told them what I needed.

So, it's no biggie at all. Have it done tomorrow and then be sure about not getting a RFE on that one. :)

*** I'm operating by the assumption that your shots are all up to date. You'd have to arrange to have any missing shots, if that was required. But who knows... maybe that could be done right there, the day you visit the surgeon? Ya never know.

Here we go again.... To send or not to send I-693A....

SEND IT IN!!!! Period!

Your post is ignorant of the fact that many K1'ers don't have copies of the DS3025, nor any copies of any medical paperwork completed by the designated physician during the consulate interview phase.

In our case, my fiancee (now my wife) was refused copies by the physician in country as well as the consulate themselves.

One cannot "supplement" what one does not have!

I included a letter with my AOS submittal describing the circumstances we experienced. We shall see the outcome.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here we go again.... To send or not to send I-693A....

SEND IT IN!!!! Period!

Your post is ignorant of the fact that many K1'ers don't have copies of the DS3025, nor any copies of any medical paperwork completed by the designated physician during the consulate interview phase.

In our case, my fiancee (now my wife) was refused copies by the physician in country as well as the consulate themselves.

One cannot "supplement" what one does not have!

I included a letter with my AOS submittal describing the circumstances we experienced. We shall see the outcome.

Same situation for us, but we went to the civil surgeon anyway and my husband got "revaccinated", so that we could send in the supplemental with the AOS package.

congratulations! you read the instructions. Always start with that :)

I would send it in. Why risk a possible RFE?

Edited by rch99

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

The instructions say you may send it in with your AOS paperwork. It doesn't say you must.

C. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who

had a medical examination within the past year as

required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you

only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not

the entire medical report. You may include the

vaccination supplement with your adjustment of

status application.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i would send it in and keep a bunch of copies for the interview and my files. as far as MY experience with USCIS, more info is preferable to less.

i didn't get my DS-3025 worksheet either. didn't realize i'd need it (hangs head in shame). i called back the doctor and she mailed me a copy.

kaydee, if your wife was denied the worksheet, shouldn't she still have some sort of vaccination card from whenever she got her shots? or have the blood test (titer) that can show she's vaccinated already? that way the doc should be able to fill out a I-693 for her.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

or have the blood test (titer) that can show she's vaccinated already? that way the doc should be able to fill out a I-693 for her.

Nope, no vaccination card. Yes, we could have the titre (spelling?) test done and we will if the I-693 is requested. It hasn't been requested yet.

We we see if my letter is sufficient to stave off an RFE. If it's needed then perhaps it can be submitted at the interview.

Isn't this process inane?

miss_me_yet.jpg

The instructions say you may send it in with your AOS paperwork. It doesn't say you must.

C. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who

had a medical examination within the past year as

required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you

only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not

the entire medical report. You may include the

vaccination supplement with your adjustment of

status application.

Ummm, I know. It's in the title of this thread. Most people never seem to actually read the instructions. That's my point.

The second bit was my advice. "I would send it in" means I would send it in. That's 'my' advice. Many RFEs for not sending it in. Once again.. why risk an RFE?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I think it varies from office to office as to whether they require the vaccination supplement with the application or at the interview. I didn't send the supplement with my application and I never received a DS-3025, and I didn't get RFE'ed. I did however get a vaccination supplement filled out to take to my interview (which is in a few weeks).

You should also be aware that Varicella is a required vaccination for AOS, but they don't give it in the UK. I have read about some civil surgeons simply asking if you had chicken pox, but the civil surgeon's office I went to tested my blood for immunity, and because I had chicken pox as a kid I did not require the vaccination. However if your test shows that you don't have the antibody in your blood, you will require it. The vaccination is usually given in 2 doses, 4-8 weeks apart - so if you do need it, you should try and plan your AOS application around that, if possible.

However if you don't require the varicella vaccination, I would go and get the supplement done and send it with your application. Better to be safe than to leave it to the USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ask advice from someone who did receive the RFE for the Vac Supp form, and see what they say! :blink:

Some will always slip through, be the exception, but most now need to have it. If you search hard enough, somewhere on the USCIS website says that you NEED to send it in, rather than MAY.

I would send it in. Oh wait, I did! :thumbs:

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.