20 posts in this topic

Ask advice from someone who did receive the RFE for the Vac Supp form, and see what they say! :blink:

Some will always slip through, be the exception, but most now need to have it. If you search hard enough, somewhere on the USCIS website says that you NEED to send it in, rather than MAY.

I would send it in. Oh wait, I did! :thumbs:

Daisy

The instructions, without ambiguity, say that it is required for a K1 or K2. What the instructions do not say is that it is required to submit with your AOS application submittal.

The word may means that it's optional. Apparently someone at the USCIS cannot read nor interpret the very instructions that they are supposed to abide by.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Here we go again.... To send or not to send I-693A....

SEND IT IN!!!! Period!

Your post is ignorant of the fact that many K1'ers don't have copies of the DS3025, nor any copies of any medical paperwork completed by the designated physician during the consulate interview phase.

In our case, my fiancee (now my wife) was refused copies by the physician in country as well as the consulate themselves.

One cannot "supplement" what one does not have!

I included a letter with my AOS submittal describing the circumstances we experienced. We shall see the outcome.

Same situation for us, but we went to the civil surgeon anyway and my husband got "revaccinated", so that we could send in the supplemental with the AOS package.

Jenn,

Good advice!

To Kaydee,

No, it is not ignorant, but just FACT and experience from many VJers on this board have shared with us. RFE is almost a certainty that many have unfortunately faced for the past year. You almost have to de-script what USCIS says in their document "MAY" means "DO IT OR ELSE".

I am sorry you didn't get your Vac-Record in your country, and I am sorry that you don't have anything to send in with your AOS package... Most sorry, you feel that ignoring the experience from folks who been through this AOS before is OK... Ignorance of the LAWS is no excuse!

OP started the thread to find out pro's and con's.... there have been much debates over this issue. A little search could help. Clearly, OP has at least DS3025, with that assumption, the only advice I can tell OP is send it in, do what necessary to get the Sup-Vac done.... but nonetheless, SEND IT IN!

To get your VAC-REC if you don't have one, go to your PCP with the list of all required shots, redo the shots, most Healthcare Insurance covers these shots. Bring it to the CS and get your I-693 filled out.

It doesn't hurt to ask for help here and check with VJ....

Here is the link to look for a Civil Surgeon in your area, MAKE SURE you enter your STATE, it works better that way on this page... don't really know why... but that's how it is...

To search for a Civil Surgeon in your area

:thumbs:

Here we go again.... To send or not to send I-693A....

SEND IT IN!!!! Period!

Your post is ignorant of the fact that many K1'ers don't have copies of the DS3025, nor any copies of any medical paperwork completed by the designated physician during the consulate interview phase.

In our case, my fiancee (now my wife) was refused copies by the physician in country as well as the consulate themselves.

One cannot "supplement" what one does not have!

I included a letter with my AOS submittal describing the circumstances we experienced. We shall see the outcome.

Same situation for us, but we went to the civil surgeon anyway and my husband got "revaccinated", so that we could send in the supplemental with the AOS package.

Jenn,

Good advice!

To Kaydee,

No, it is not ignorant, but just FACT and experience from many VJers on this board have shared with us. RFE is almost a certainty that many have unfortunately faced for the past year. You almost have to de-script what USCIS says in their document "MAY" means "DO IT OR ELSE".

I am sorry you didn't get your Vac-Record in your country, and I am sorry that you don't have anything to send in with your AOS package... Most sorry, you feel that ignoring the experience from folks who been through this AOS before is OK... Ignorance of the LAWS is no excuse!

OP started the thread to find out pro's and con's.... there have been much debates over this issue. A little search could help. Clearly, OP has at least DS3025, with that assumption, the only advice I can tell OP is send it in, do what necessary to get the Sup-Vac done.... but nonetheless, SEND IT IN!

To get your VAC-REC if you don't have one, go to your PCP with the list of all required shots, redo the shots, most Healthcare Insurance covers these shots. Bring it to the CS and get your I-693 filled out.

It doesn't hurt to ask for help here and check with VJ....

Here is the link to look for a Civil Surgeon in your area, MAKE SURE you enter your STATE, it works better that way on this page... don't really know why... but that's how it is...

To search for a Civil Surgeon in your area

:thumbs:

To Saigon:

Firstly, it is not a law but rather a process.

Secondly, it is the responsibility of every poster to put accurate information into these forums and not submit empirical and anecdotal information without qualifying it as such because to do so gives the impression that it's based on "fact".

If you wish to state opinion, then say so. It is not fact that you will get an RFE for not submitting the I-693 but rather simply your opinion. Your opinion is clearly in conflict with what the I-485 instructions state. It is fact that it is required to submit a I-693 but not fact that it must be submitted with your I-485.

Not everyone gets an RFE. That's a fact.

What you suggest is absurd. Going to a CS and "re-doing" the shots is entirely unnecessary. All that you need to you simply would have a titer test.

Lastly, I have read more than my share on this topic and I chose to take the action I did fully knowing the risks.

May I suggest that it is you that are ignoring the experience of others as you are clearly ignorant of the process.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

I didn't submit mine with my AOS and I got approved without any RFEs. I DID include a note saying that my vaccination records were included with my embassy approved medical. I thought it was worth the risk.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't submit mine with my AOS and I got approved without any RFEs. I DID include a note saying that my vaccination records were included with my embassy approved medical. I thought it was worth the risk.

yes, that's understandable, since those who submitted around May-July 05 had much conflicting info and some got RFEs and some didn't. However, around July August VJ had MANY who got the RFE for not sending in the Vac Supp, so most people following them seemed to choose to send it in rather than have to wait and see, risking an RFE

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.