H93

Me and my sister filed i130 same day?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My sister and I both married guys from Yemen and filed the i130 for our husbands on the same day (August 1,2011).

Could this be the reason both of our cases still have not recieved a NOA2?

Is this a red flag?

Thanks to any repliers.

hi i dont think that will be a problem my mom and i we are both petition under i-130 so far we dont have any problem and we are now waiting for our interview date..... good luck on your journey :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My sister and I both married guys from Yemen and filed the i130 for our husbands on the same day (August 1,2011).

Is this a red flag?

Thanks to any repliers.

why it's quite long....better to call always & follow up..or check your wah number at www.uscis.gov..because sometimes you cannot receive letters, your neghbors keep it, or their places so far...I'm fiancee visa but I didn't receive any letters too,we just called up...Godbless with your journey.

Timeline

why it's quite long....better to call always & follow up..or check your wah number at www.uscis.gov..because sometimes you cannot receive letters, your neghbors keep it, or their places so far...I'm fiancee visa but I didn't receive any letters too,we just called up...Godbless with your journey.

We are currently in 'Request for Evidence Response Review' so hopefully it goes by quickly. Thx for your response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Is this a red flag?

Thanks to any repliers.

I don't think so, hun. It's more likely they are having a tough time completing the background check because their local sources where the state department obtains such information have no electricity during business hours or are just overall not inclined to do any work during this period of instability. Blame the damned tribesmen who keep blowing up the power grids. They are probably the biggest impediment to progress in Yemen. Or maybe also your husbands names are similar to men on some NSA watch list. You know they started issuing tourist visas at the Yemen embassy in DC. You and your sis should take advantage of that and go visit. That's what I'm gonna do.

Timeline

I don't think so, hun. It's more likely they are having a tough time completing the background check because their local sources where the state department obtains such information have no electricity during business hours or are just overall not inclined to do any work during this period of instability. Blame the damned tribesmen who keep blowing up the power grids. They are probably the biggest impediment to progress in Yemen. Or maybe also your husbands names are similar to men on some NSA watch list. You know they started issuing tourist visas at the Yemen embassy in DC. You and your sis should take advantage of that and go visit. That's what I'm gonna do.

You mean tourist visas to come to Yemen or the U.S.? Sorry, I didn't quite understand.

I'm currently in Yemen with my husband and will be here until he gets his visa and we enter the U.S. together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We are currently in 'Request for Evidence Response Review' so hopefully it goes by quickly. Thx for your response.

that might explain your delay. How long since you responded to your RFE? and have you called USCIS asked for a Tier 2 supervisor for status on your case?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

You mean tourist visas to come to Yemen or the U.S.? Sorry, I didn't quite understand.

I'm currently in Yemen with my husband and will be here until he gets his visa and we enter the U.S. together.

Oh I thought you were here in the US. The Yemen Embassy in DC stopped issuing tourist visas for Americans last year but recently started again. But I'm guessing you're a duel citizen so it wouldn't have applied to you anyway. But if you're in Yemen how are you meeting the income requirements for the spouse visa? It's none of my business personally but it could be one of the reasons why your case is taking so long.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh I thought you were here in the US. The Yemen Embassy in DC stopped issuing tourist visas for Americans last year but recently started again. But I'm guessing you're a duel citizen so it wouldn't have applied to you anyway. But if you're in Yemen how are you meeting the income requirements for the spouse visa? It's none of my business personally but it could be one of the reasons why your case is taking so long.

if you were to read her post you would realize that she is at the USCIS stage. At this point and time the financial aspect does not come into the process, the affidavit of support is at the NVC level. At the petition stage the are verifying a bona fide marriage, not financial documents. Please unless you know an answer don't mislead.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You received a request for evidence and that is what is holding up the NOA2. Once you answer the request for evidence and they get what they need the NOA2 will come. Good luck!!!

Timeline

You received a request for evidence and that is what is holding up the NOA2. Once you answer the request for evidence and they get what they need the NOA2 will come. Good luck!!!

I got the RFE mid-August and already replied to it about a month ago. I am in the 'Response Review' stage.

Timeline

that might explain your delay. How long since you responded to your RFE? and have you called USCIS asked for a Tier 2 supervisor for status on your case?

Upon calling they say they cannot expedite a RFE and they're just gonna have to take their time responding.

We replied to the RFE about a month ago after a year of waiting and finally getting a RFE.

Timeline

What is a duel citizen?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Upon calling they say they cannot expedite a RFE and they're just gonna have to take their time responding.

We replied to the RFE about a month ago after a year of waiting and finally getting a RFE.

Well good because RFE means they are processing your case and looking at it. So soon you should hear something. WOW 1 year yikes. What about your suster did she get RFE also?

What is a duel citizen?

Meaning you are a citizen of both countries. Both passports. So if you have a yemen passport and a US you are dual. Not all countries allow their foreign citizens to keep their citizenship.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.