The Nature Boy

Obama got owned

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

They're both awful candidates, one worse than the other. I don't understand how anybody could even support Romney. I really don't.

I'm not a citizen, so I can't vote, therefore I don't care if the US takes a ###### on itself. It'd be funny to watch, honestly.

TBH I don't care for either of them. Two horrible choices imo. This years election is another reason why this country needs a third party. Not one so far left, and not one so far right.

at least b.daddy and i have a stake in the game and can vote our opinion.

mebbe just has an opinion (they are as common as azzholes ... everyone has one). now with mebbe's declaration of not caring ... his post is a byproduct

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This country needs a new government...for awhile I thought the level of corruption we are experiencing was new....then I read about Tom Pendergast and now I wonder if our system was ever really a democracy. Of course Tom helped Harry Truman to Congress who was one of our more honest politicians if mildly naive.

It was never supposed to be a Democracy. A true democracy is just as dangerous if not worse than what we have today.

What we have today is a very 'special interest' influenced government.

We seem to forget that our government is made up of people. People who can easily be bought and sold on a whim. Almost everyone has a price. People are inherently weak by nature and can feel constant pressure from outside sources who have given them something. They fear the donors more than they fear their constituents and that's a big problem.

The modern left gets so mad any time you bring up the 'talking points' of Ayn Rand and her idealism, but the woman was absolutely right. She blamed the ills of government on special interests and felt the people should be left to their own free will with the exception of basic common ground laws. She understood how corporations influenced the hell out of members of government. She saw the writing on the wall decades ago now, and here we are today.

Of course it's not like we weren't warned before then when people screamed about the Federal Reserve Act either. People warned us at Bretton Woods. Warned us after Nixon cut the last link after Bretton Woods. It's all an elaborate idea to keep those who have more richer and those who have none to make it hard for them to obtain wealth. To make them truly worthy of the power they seek in the eyes of those who hold the power. They find pawns to use from time to time who might 'connect' with the people better.

I can already see a few people who are reading this searching for the 'til foil' images, but reality doesn't lie. It's no conspiracy that there are 'powers that be' in this country today. We see it every waking moment in the way our government works. Problem being is that 'Honey Boo Boo' is on TV so the masses are satiated. For now.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Filed: Timeline

This country needs a new government...for awhile I thought the level of corruption we are experiencing was new....then I read about Tom Pendergast and now I wonder if our system was ever really a democracy. Of course Tom helped Harry Truman to Congress who was one of our more honest politicians if mildly naive.

No, never a democracy at the Federal level. The system was designed by folks that mistrusted the ability of the people to rule themselves, equating democracy with anarchy, and history has proven them right, as more "democratic" reforms have been added to the system. If you read the Constitution, it was meant to protect States' rights, and the Bill of Rights was added as an afterthought, to protect individual rights, an initial oversight that should give some clue to the mindset of our founding fathers. After all, it was mob rule that permitted the Colonials to harass the Mother country enough to abandon all hope of rehabilitating them.

They're both awful candidates, one worse than the other. I don't understand how anybody could even support Romney. I really don't.

I'm not a citizen, so I can't vote, therefore I don't care if the US takes a ###### on itself. It'd be funny to watch, honestly.

No, but it seems that Americans are just proving their stupidity and ignorance to think that Romney would actually make a good president.

To think I used to defend Americans by saying they're not stupid, just ignorant. Looks like I'm wrong. They're BOTH stupid and ignorant.

Everything Romney says is either a lie, doesn't add up, or has no backup. Ooh that's Presidential material there!

Stupid and ignorant. I guess that is why everyone wants to crawl out of whatever 3 Ed world shat hole they live in Andover here and we are the only super power left in the world

Reagan got owned in his first re-election debate in 1984. W got owned in his first re-election debate in 2004. An yet, as far as I remember, they both went on to win their re-election bids. But hey, you Mittens enjoy it while it lasts. As I always say, he who laughs last lasts. ;)

Reagan got owned in his first re-election debate in 1984. W got owned in his first re-election debate in 2004. An yet, as far as I remember, they both went on to win their re-election bids. But hey, you Mittens enjoy it while it lasts. As I always say, he who laughs last lasts. ;)

I think the next debate is the vice presidential debate, and I believe the last debate will be on foreign policy. Both are gimmes for Romney. If I was in the Romney camp, I would think we be looking pretty good right now. Debate number 3 is the one I would be concentrating on at the movement, and find a way to keep Obama off his game.

Edited by The Patriot

I think the next debate is the vice presidential debate, and I believe the last debate will be on foreign policy. Both are gimmes for Romney. If I was in the Romney camp, I would think we be looking pretty good right now. Debate number 3 is the one I would be concentrating on at the movement, and find a way to keep Obama off his game.

Foreign policy is a gimme debate for Mitt? He embarrassed the country when he went out on his first trip. But I guess Mitt will just say that he didn't actually go overseas. You know, since facts don't matter much to him.

dip-in-diplomacy.jpg

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Foreign policy is a gimme debate for Mitt? He embarrassed the country when he went out on his first trip. But I guess Mitt will just say that he didn't actually go overseas. You know, since facts don't matter much to him.

I wasn't embarrassed. Were you embarrassed? Do you really care that some commie mayor of London got a little butthurt? I suppose that is worse than talking about Polish death camps.

Edited by The Patriot

I wasn't embarrassed. Were you embarrassed? Do you really care that some commie mayor of London got a little butthurt?

It was the British people not just the mayor of London that Mitt offended. I remember well how my pissed my collegues in London were when Mittens showed up all arrogant like in the UK. Read the British press from that time. The offense went far beyond the mayor of London. The movement that fought for and achieved freedom for the people of Poland wouldn't talk to him. He pissed off the people of Spain - another ally nation of ours - yesterday in the debate. He's a persona non grata in Italy - another ally of ours. There really isn't any European ally that regards Mittens as a credible leader. Not one. He's burned so many bridges already that it's not even funny. Compared to Mittens, W was highly skilled diplomat.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

It was the British people not just the mayor of London that Mitt offended. I remember well how my pissed my collegues in London were when Mittens showed up all arrogant like in the UK. Read the British press from that time. The offense went far beyond the mayor of London. The movement that fought for and achieved freedom for the people of Poland wouldn't talk to him. He pissed off the people of Spain - another ally nation of ours - yesterday in the debate. He's a persona non grata in Italy - another ally of ours. There really isn't any European ally that regards Mittens as a credible leader. Not one. He's burned so many bridges already that it's not even funny. Compared to Mittens, W was highly skilled diplomat.

Really? All of Europe is pissed at Romney? That should be news. How come it isn't?

Your search - All of Europe is pissed at Romney? - did not match any news results.
Edited by The Patriot

Really? All of Europe is pissed at Romney? That should be news. How come it isn't?

You're reading the wrong news sources. Read some European publications. :)

SAMPLING:

Romney verärgert Spanien

Romney ist Persona non grata in Italien

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Routers today:

Romney's strong debate showing puts Europe on edge

By Luke Baker

BRUSSELS | Thu Oct 4, 2012 11:08am EDT

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Email

Facebook

Twitter

By Luke Baker

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's lackluster performance in the first U.S. election debate provoked uneasiness in European capitals on Thursday, where hopes are mostly, if unofficially, pinned on his securing a second term.

While a lot can change before the November 6 vote, and Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney will go head to head twice more before then, polling conducted immediately after the debate showed Romney came out overwhelmingly on top.

A flash poll by CNN showed 67 percent of viewers thought Romney had 'won', with just 25 percent for Obama. Intrade, an online prediction market, cut Obama's re-election prospects from 74 percent to 66 percent.

In Europe, where leaders and finance officials have worked closely with the Obama administration over the past 2-1/2 years trying to resolve the euro area debt crisis, there was particular consternation at Romney's singling out of deficit-ridden Spain as a poorly administered economy.

"Romney is making analogies that aren't based on reality," Foreign Affairs Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo told reporters after a meeting of his centre-right party.

Leading Spanish daily El Pais highlighted the fact that Spain was the only European country mentioned, and contrasted Romney's negative depiction of it with Obama's praise for Spain's renewable energy policies during the 2008 campaign.

"Spain has never been mentioned in a presidential debate as a symbol of failure," the left-leaning newspaper lamented. "What happened last night makes history. And not in a good way."

Political commentators in France and Germany registered surprise at Obama's underwhelming performance, saying the election could be much tighter as a result.

"Obama showed a lack of desire to be president, which could put him on shaky ground as a presidential candidate," said liberal German news magazine Der Spiegel.

"It's now clear that to get back into the White House the U.S. president needs running shoes, not flip-flops."

France's Le Monde appeared equally surprised by Obama's sub-par performance. "Where did the favorite go?" it asked on its front page, with a headline below saying: "Obama fails his first televised debate against an incisive Romney."

LEANING OBAMA'S WAY

In private, many EU diplomats have no qualms about saying they want Obama re-elected; it is no secret that many European countries, whether led by centre-left or centre-right governments, are more broadly aligned with the Democrats when it comes to social and tax policy, the environment and a range of foreign-affairs issues.

That is something Obama has sought to exploit in the past. In the run-up to a G8 meeting at Camp David in May, White House officials firmly pressed their European counterparts to rally behind Obama's policy initiatives, according to those involved.

"It was like all of the G8 apart from Russia and Japan were expected to be part of the Obama re-election campaign," the chief of staff of one European leader told Reuters at the time.

Washington has also applied quiet pressure on Europe in recent months about the need to avoid a major blow-up in the debt crisis ahead of the election, in part so as not to rattle the U.S. economy, several EU officials have told Reuters.

Europe's leaders have good reason to go along; they want to keep a politically risky crisis under wraps, too, and they want to expand the close working relationship they have developed with Obama's administration over the past four years.

"The Europeans have a general uneasiness about a Romney presidency," said Jan Techau, the director of Carnegie Europe.

"It's not because they don't like him, but there are a lot of neoconservative policy advisers who would come back into office under a Romney presidency, and that is a prospect that a lot of European leaders are not comfortable with.

"There's a general tendency to stick to what you know and what you have been working with," he told Reuters.

"DEAL WITH IT"

Romney has also not done much to endear himself to the Old World. During a visit to Britain ahead of the Olympics in July he cast doubt on how well prepared London was to host the games, and in Israel days later he appeared to criticise Palestinian culture, leading to widespread condemnation.

One of Romney's advisers on a "Europe working group" is Nile Gardiner, a Briton who was an aide to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and now works for the conservative Heritage Foundation in Washington.

In an opinion piece in the Washington Times last month, Gardiner was decidedly downbeat on Europe, saying the continent was in terminal decline and European integration was misguided.

"The European Project is falling apart, drowning in a sea of debt, and driven by bureaucrats in Brussels who lack any semblance of democratic accountability," he wrote.

Those sorts of opinions among the circle around Romney have raised hackles in Europe and fuelled hopes that his challenge for the White House will fail.

Obama still holds an advantage in opinion polls, including a daily Reuters/IPSOS tracking poll that gives him a 47 percent to 41 percent lead over Romney, a margin that has held fairly steady since mid-September.

With just 33 days before the election, Romney still has a hill to climb to unseat Obama, but two more strong performances in the debates could tip undecided voters his way.

In Europe, leaders are watching closely and will be ready to suppress their Romney reservations if need be.

"Even though we have a natural predilection for Democratic presidents, we'll embrace the next U.S. president whoever he is," said one diplomat in Brussels. "We just have to deal with it."

(Additional reporting by Michelle Martin in Berlin, Fiona Ortiz in Madrid and Alexandria Sage in Paris; Writing by Luke Baker; Editing by Will Waterman)

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

After the completely farcical dithering by the Administration over the assassination of the US Ambassador to Libya, it will be no walk in the park for the President, either.

Governor Romney embarrassed himself. If you believe some of the intelligence sources, the Administration ignored warnings, has been less than truthful since and has failed to give a coherent response to describe what happened.

Romney's foreign trip has been all but forgotten by everyone outside of MSNBC's cast of miscreants. Libya is still fresh in the minds of the American electorate. Should be interesting. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png